2006 Australian F1GP Albert Park *SPOILERS!!*

Posted by Lucasinio 
Re: 2006 Australian F1GP Albert Park *SPOILERS!!*
Date: April 02, 2006 12:14AM
Posted by: Muks_C
yeah on the mclaren it was the deck-wing.

but don't forget, all wings flex (as mentioned earlier), it's justthe amount they flex that is in question on some of the cars.

the front wing of the mclaren might be fine, and the flexing could be in the tolerance limit.

i noticed it a lot last season too, as the speed built up, the top edge of the front wing flap would go lower on-screen (from the onboard nose-cam), then under braking it would rise up to its normal position again.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: April 02, 2006 12:22AM
Posted by: marcl
its not the flap it looks like the whole wing but as i said could be the cam angle and the fact u need to use the front wheel as ref but u can see the end plates are higher then lower.

about massa he has been in f1 now what 4 years? lots of testing just dont think he is ready for ferrari yet thats my view.
Date: April 02, 2006 12:38AM
Posted by: derry
Sniper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why is everybody blaming Ide???? He has the right
> to set a fast lap as well, Rubens had 15 minutes
> so it's his own fault he has to drive like a freak
> in the last minutes!!!
>
> That is the risk of the qualifying format! In my
> eyes ide didn't make a mistake!
>
>
>
>
>
nice observation mama-san ide

Date: April 02, 2006 01:40AM
Posted by: Muks_C
yeah i saw the endplates moving higher and lower, but that's a different issue to the flaps/elements leaning back on the straights, and standing up in the corners. it seems like the whole wing is moving closer to the ground.

and yes, using the wheels for reference is not good, because the suspension makes the whole car dive at high speed, and then lifts up when it's slowed down for the corners.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: April 02, 2006 02:31AM
Posted by: Forgotten
"
> That is the risk of the qualifying format! In my
> eyes ide didn't make a mistake!

"

lol ? making 3 bad mistakes in one lap is pretty bad for an f1 driver !
Date: April 02, 2006 03:02AM
Posted by: RonnyF1
3 spins in a lap, im still laughing.
Date: April 02, 2006 05:03AM
Posted by: danm
its not so much hes bad i guess, im more annoyed at how hes intervening and hindering the other drivers, how many yellow flags were there that screwed other laps up? then there IS the matter of him being bad that he is holding faster drivers up.

ie, barrichello. IDE is unlikely to be off of the back 4 places, and he could easily have let rubens past and not caught him. it was an amateur mistake and i think a bit unrespecting against the more experienced racers.

its just courtesy, but thats just my opinion. leave it there.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: April 02, 2006 05:56AM
Posted by: mortal
Getting ready for the race Theres nothing like a spunky grid-girl sponsored by a brewery to get me into pole position :-) *wink wink nudge nudge* oooer lol
Murray is on the grid! Go Go Go lol

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: April 02, 2006 06:24AM
Posted by: Sil3nt-War
gg montoya

*edit*
and well done alonso.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2006 06:26AM by Sil3nt-War.
Date: April 02, 2006 06:28AM
Posted by: mortal
wild start, and yay Murray is doing the commentary!! :-)
dammit safety car...what the....

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: April 02, 2006 06:30AM
Posted by: Advong
Did anyone else see the incident at turn 1 or 2, commentators missed it, but just as they cut away from the first camera you could see a car starting to go sideways across the track, and then there was an impact in the background of the next camera shot. Looks like it's gona be fun with Button defending
Date: April 02, 2006 06:31AM
Posted by: Karan
looks like melbourne lives up to its reputation of giving us wild starts once again :) by the way was that coulthard causing the incident between massa and rosberg at turn 1? :o and then ending trulli's race a few corners later too

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2006 06:32AM by Karan.
I'm only able to listen on the radio, can only watch the repeat on ITV1 later. Sounds like Montoya and Fisichella have shown why they are often in the shadow of thir team mates. Did Massa take out Rosberg?

[Website]
Date: April 02, 2006 06:33AM
no i think klien went wide on the grass at turn 1 and ended up hitting massa who in turn smacked rosberg in the rear. coulthard then went and ruined one of the toyota's race a few corners later too apparently.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2006 07:05AM by Karan.
Date: April 02, 2006 06:34AM
well, jens didn't throw it away at the first start, but managed to on the second

Looks like overtaking is very possible today, if kimi can get by Jenson quickly it could be a great race between alonso and Raikkonen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2006 06:36AM by Advong.
Date: April 02, 2006 06:38AM
the v8s make all the difference when it comes to overtaking as montoya just showed on webber. if you run wide or something and lose momentum you simply dont have all that bhp as before to bail you out, and if the guy behind is close enough, he's gonna eat u up :) settling into what looks like an exciting race...

Date: April 02, 2006 06:42AM
Personally i think Montoya spun on the installation because of that giant inflatable F1 car on the stadium at that corner, it'd make me do a double take, lol.

EDIT: I have a feeling Montoya and Button could come together at some point. theres a collision looming somewhere

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2006 06:46AM by Advong.
Date: April 02, 2006 06:46AM
yeah it certainly catches ur eye huh! lol anyway looks like button loses yet another place on the 2nd restart and wasnt even close to Alonso. He was napping! This guy never ceases to amaze me how he manages to throw away a racewinning position time and time again in new ways each time... By the way why does Allen keep going out of his way so much to refer to the Aguri team as a Honda-B team everytime? I know for all intents and purposes they are but does he really need to?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2006 07:07AM by Karan.
Date: April 02, 2006 07:22AM
Why was michael in the toyota garage, some kind of defection?
Date: April 02, 2006 07:31AM
Posted by: Forgotten
... to many SC :S
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy