2006 Australian F1GP Albert Park *SPOILERS!!*

Posted by Lucasinio 
Re: 2006 Australian F1GP Albert Park *SPOILERS!!*
Date: April 01, 2006 03:25PM
Posted by: Stan
the letter the teams wrote to fia :

"The undersigned teams, by means of this document, formally notify the Stewards of the Meeting that they intended to protest against car number 5 driven by M. Schumacher of the Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro Team whilst competing in the Petronas Malaysian Grand Prix at Sepang circuit on the 19 th day of March 2006 unless suitable actions are taken ahead of the race.

"The protest is based on Article 3.15 of the Technical Regulations of the 2006 F.I.A. Formula One World Championship in that the upper forward element of the front wing of car no. 5 is free to move laterally away from the nose of the car thus contravening Article 3.15 and that the rear bodywork is allowed to deflect in a systematic manner in order to improve aerodynamic performance at speed also contravening Article 3.15."
also if you read the Ferrari press realses you would have noticed that they did say that only the front wing was changed
edit://
Give the guy a chance ffs its only his 3rd race with the team! just look at what rubens is doing...

Who are you to define whether or not someone should be in a top team? When it comes to IDE it easy to judge he is more suited to formula ford but i think Massa warrants his place.
Yes he is wild but he is also quick. If he just calms down a touch there nothing to stop him from winning this season and if he wins before button that will be poor comedy.

Anywho Renault vs. Mclaren for the win. Button is on fumes.
I think button will finish 5th if the Renault and Mclarens dont go out.
Date: April 01, 2006 03:36PM
Posted by: TimmyB
Hey guys, I'm back already with some of my friday and saturday shots. Let me know if you'd like to see more. I might start a new thread if need be to save clogging up this one with too many more images.

Nose of the BWM Sauber

BWM Sauber technicians taking off the engine cover

The BWM Sauber engine cover

BMW Engine. The best sounding engine in Formula 1.

Midland drivers with Herbert and V8 Supercars' Ross Stone(?)

Rosberg in Saturday practice

Renault in Saturday practice

Rosbergs blurry rear

Midland being lifted

Klein flies past the foliage

Ralf came out just after the heavist shower

Massa's damaged Ferrari after quali

A Squadra Torro Rosso in the distance
Date: April 01, 2006 03:41PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
You realy like rules on that latest picture eh , DO NOT STAND HERE ;)

Date: April 01, 2006 03:42PM
Posted by: TimmyB
Iceman-Kimi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You realy like rules on that latest picture eh ,
> DO NOT STAND HERE
>

Rules were meant to be broken. Just call me Ferrari...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2006 03:43PM by TimmyB.
Date: April 01, 2006 03:44PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
Alright mr. Ferrari :P

Date: April 01, 2006 03:46PM
Posted by: mikef1
Lol @ last pic!
@ Stan if BMW and Mclaren were told to change their rear wings i would have thought that Ferrari would have to do so also, unless the FIA is giving them special dispensation.
Date: April 01, 2006 03:51PM
Posted by: Lemming
love that pic! wish it was in a higher resolution, would use it as my wallpaper!

Date: April 01, 2006 04:02PM
Its the deck wing not the rearwing on the mclaren that needed to be fixed and not changed i dont know about the bmw one cause i didnt follow that

Date: April 01, 2006 04:10PM
Posted by: RonnyF1
The honda is fast enough, if button manage to pull away from the start im very certain that he will deliver his maiden victory.

But i doubt renaults will back off and im pretty sure theres gonna be at least 1 renault in the podium. Montoya was running amazing, but 5th is not a great position to start @ melbourne, if he can get to 3rd on the first few laps, hes surely taking the win (hes gonna be the man to beat).

Kimi was running decent but not as good as monty, maybe heavier fuel load.

TOP5 (OHNOES):

1- JB (only if he can get away early)
2- Montoya (will be the fastest man on melbourne, poor qualy will keep him from winning)
3- Alonso/Kimi (most likely kimi cause of the fuel strategy)
4- Fisico (fisi's bad luck payback?)
5- Webber (can manage to get there without struggling too much)

discuss...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2006 04:47PM by RonnyF1.
Date: April 01, 2006 04:41PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
I get the impression the Honda was incredibly light in an attempt to get away from the Renaults first. But the main problem is Jenson tends to go backwards during races, if he does that the Renaults will get him quickly.

Ide needs sacked.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 01, 2006 05:05PM
Posted by: sk83k
Aguri shouldn't have been allowed in this season. They are laughable at best. Ide especially is poor, 3 spins in 1/2 laps i think. I was literally crying with laughter, and then not being able to find reverse!!! Amateur! I know he hasnt had much practice in the car, but it could have been quite dangerous.

Oh well bit of lauhgter for us all :D
Date: April 01, 2006 05:06PM
Posted by: Lemming
DaveEllis Wrote:

>
> Ide needs sacked.
>

yep. even sato wasn't that bad. actually, sato's been really quiet this year in races... probably cos his car isn't even quick enough to be able to hit anyone.

gotta be hard tho, not doing any testing and then taking part in a huge profile event, must be a lot of pressure.

Date: April 01, 2006 05:36PM
Posted by: Sniper
Why is everybody blaming Ide???? He has the right to set a fast lap as well, Rubens had 15 minutes so it's his own fault he has to drive like a freak in the last minutes!!!

That is the risk of the qualifying format! In my eyes ide didn't make a mistake!

Check out our website: www.heikkikovalainen.net
Date: April 01, 2006 06:10PM
Posted by: mimo
Sniper Escrito:
> Why is everybody blaming Ide???? He has the right
> to set a fast lap as well, Rubens had 15 minutes
> so it's his own fault he has to drive like a freak
> in the last minutes!!!
>
> That is the risk of the qualifying format! In my
> eyes ide didn't make a mistake!
>
>
>
>
>
> Alonso & Renault - 2005 World Champions

I discord of you sniper, first, Ide spun off in various moments during qualify, being able to have wronged somebody, but IDE had some reason it to enter in the track in the last minutes of the trainings, it already had a chronometered return, in the maximum, it would go to reach the sato, in all the qualify so far IDE was for is out of the track, but today he was excessively, I find that FIA would have to warn it IDE, this can be dangerous for the drivers during the race and qualify.

its laments what it happened to rubens, it came with the best time of qualify, but this happens, is the life, but it was happy for rubens, it showed that good luck to rubens in the race, and run more faster than button.

---------------------------------------------------

Date: April 01, 2006 06:13PM
Posted by: Muks_C
people are not so much criticising Ide for blocking Rubens, but for his utter crapness at spinning/going off the track 3 times in less than 1 lap!! you spin once, you calm down and regroup, you don't carry on being crazy and go off 2 more times!

and yes, i don't remember seeing Sato even once through the whole qualli session.

JB was good, popping it in like that, but we'll wait and see how light he is. even though he is starting 1st, the general feeling is that he isn't good enough to beat the renaults in a straight fight. i don't have confidence in him taking the win, even though i would love him to do it.

and Massa, that could happen to anyone, you've got to push. when MS makes a mistake, everyone doesn't say he doesn't deserve to be in Ferrari, so why judge Massa on only his 3rd race for the team? he's done well this year so far IMO.

@ Mimo, what translator have you used there mate? it sounds like Ronspeak! :)

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2006 06:15PM by Muks_C.
Date: April 01, 2006 06:36PM
Posted by: chrislewis
Give the guy a chance ffs its only his 3rd race with the team! just look at what rubens is doing...

The good thing about Rubens though was that he didn't make mistakes.

and Massa, that could happen to anyone, you've got to push. when MS makes a mistake, everyone doesn't say he doesn't deserve to be in Ferrari, so why judge Massa on only his 3rd race for the team? he's done well this year so far IMO.

Yeah but push within the limits. It's starting to get silly now.

Date: April 01, 2006 06:51PM
chrislewis Wrote:
> The good thing about Rubens though was that he
> didn't make mistakes.
of course hes not making mistakes ! hes going around in first gear everywere! ;)

Date: April 01, 2006 06:59PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Posted by: Sniper (IP Logged)
Date: April 1, 2006 05:36PM

Why is everybody blaming Ide????

Are you joking me? He went off 5 times, 3 in 1 lap. Screwed up recovering, caused a red flag, then denied Rubens a possible higher grid slot by messing about infront of him despite having no hope in hell of improving his time which was a massive 4 seconds slower than his team mate and 8 off pole. Name another driver in F1 history who achived that level of crapness in just 15minutes.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 01, 2006 07:13PM
Posted by: derry
Lemming Wrote:
> DaveEllis Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> >
> > Ide needs sacked.
> >
>
>
give ide a break,his mentor

is sato,what did you expect
>
>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy