Here's a great idea, let's stop ALL F1 development

Posted by NickKK 
Here's a great idea, let's stop ALL F1 development
Date: March 22, 2006 10:40AM
Posted by: NickKK
Yep he's at it again, it seems Mr Mosley just can't stand around ....NOT ruining F1 for more than a couple of weeks.

[www.f1racing.net]

Hey maybe once they freeze engines they should freeze chassis and tyre development, imagine the costs THAT would cut...hell I could enter the bloody thing...great isn't it...not.

Re: Here's a great idea, let's stop ALL F1 development
Date: March 22, 2006 11:28AM
Posted by: Peat
yep, why not a standard engine, chassis and tyre? That would make it so much better.

Date: March 22, 2006 11:29AM
Posted by: Peat
incase you couldnt tell, im joking.

Max is a wally.

Date: March 22, 2006 12:22PM
Posted by: marcl
Lets just make F1 indycar and be done with it
Or use GP2 cars painted into F1 colours.

yes, and not to forgot use same electronics, same lubricants, same driver type (always telling how good the car was, how effective the FIA is and what a charming old lad Mosley is....oh let me think, we are close to that already)

or what about tracks that look alike ....damn already have that as well
well but they surely could cancel races at monaco, that is a brilliant idea!!!

I am a bit sketchy on the details but the way i understand it

McLaren,BMW etc sign up they can negotiate the engine formula

or

they don't sign up,the factory supply becomes limited and it makes sence to freeze development

Date: March 22, 2006 03:16PM
Posted by: marcl
Part of f1 is in the development of the cars, we look forward each year to see what the cars are like etc, the FIA wish to stop this so i.e the 2006 is used to 2009, and if the car is crap thats it for the team tough luck.

So what is the point in teams taking part, i mean look at mclaren in 2004 and ferrari last year if that had been the car to last 3 years god help them
well The cars can be developed (at least aerodynamically) ; but I agree with marcl argument when it comes to engines... where is the challenge for an Enginesupplier if the engine shall be the same , over and over again?...That might work for DTM or Champcar, but not for F1. If that rule is going to last , I see the big manufacturers leave one after another, leaving Cosworth , Ferrari and maybe another semi works Supplier in F1. Well at least then Mosley would have succeded in scaring the Supliers away.

GOOD JOB MAX! KEEP UP THE WORK you B******* (in order to keep the forum *clean* i won´t write the word, but anyone can imagine what is meant ,-) )
anze89 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> **removed**
>
> First post: July 26, 2002 02:35PM

That's a bit strong.

Damn right it was - Morbid

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2006 11:40PM by Morbid.
Date: March 22, 2006 05:27PM
Posted by: sasjag
tripleM Wrote:
> I am a bit sketchy on the details but the way i
> understand it
>
> McLaren,BMW etc sign up they can negotiate the
> engine formula
>
> or
>
> they don't sign up,the factory supply becomes
> limited and it makes sence to freeze development

about the crux of it yeah, its just a negotiating tool, Max always throws some in that will get rejected.

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Max always throws something stupid in, when it looks like there could be a consense in some way with the manufacturers. And the fact that Teams have to sign in for 2008 until April 06 to be able to influence the rules is blackmailing, nothing more , nothing less.
Date: March 22, 2006 07:01PM
Posted by: mikef1
Strong arm tactics from Max, he usually gets his way.
Date: March 22, 2006 11:41PM
Posted by: Morbid
Deleted 2 messages and edited a quote in a 3rd. No more talk about murder.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2006 11:42PM by Morbid.
I think tripleM's got it.

This, for me is just max using a pincer movement on the rogue manufacturers - they must sign in the next few weks, and, oh, by the way if you don't you get no input on what direction F1 takes. We all know the manufacturers won't go to a new series.

THe engine manufacturers want to be in F1, but not if its frozen engine developments, therefore they MUST sign up now, to be able to stop the rule being introduced.

I could be miles off though, but it does seem that's what Mx is doing - forcing the GPWC to give it up. Hell, if we could see through it, the teams will too. But can they do anything but play along?

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: March 23, 2006 03:40PM
Posted by: sasjag
i was thinking about this last night, if max was c;ever he could say Petrol engines three year development freeze, and any engines that use alternative fuels can be developed as much as the manufacturer likes.

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: March 23, 2006 05:21PM
Posted by: Briere
dangermouseaix Wrote:
> GOOD JOB MAX! KEEP UP THE WORK you B******* (in
> order to keep the forum *clean* i won´t write the
> word, but anyone can imagine what is meant ,-) )

indeed, he's brilliant :)
Date: March 23, 2006 05:24PM
Posted by: anze89
Deleted 2 messages and edited a quote in a 3rd. No more talk about murder.

OK, LOL

I'll say it another way:
I think that Max is a sick person who should be put into a psychiatric hospital.

I think this sounds better :)

Date: March 26, 2006 05:34AM
Posted by: derry

why not put a f1 body on go karts,that
would really save money.

best stop giving max ideas
The f1 just need to throw away traction control , ban fuel stops , slicks back , salary of a driver and other personal from 35 million or something to 500.000 .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy