Don´t change the names!!!

Posted by toltecbr 
Don´t change the names!!!
Date: March 10, 2006 06:29PM
Posted by: toltecbr
Hello everyone,
here, in Brasil, we watch the F-1 only at the GLOBO TV...
but, there is 2 problems:
1- they change the name of the teams just because they dont get any money from them!!!! Example:

Redbull is called RBR
Toro Rosso is called STR

ahn, but Ferrari or renault or even honda isn´t a company name too? why they don´t change it?

who knows????

2- The narrator... pls, Make him shut up!!! He is stupid and don´t knbow the diference between a helmet and a wheel!!!!
the brazilians know his name (GB) hehehe...

THAT´S REALLY DISGUSTING!!!!

- Nelson Piquet - F1 WORLD CHAMPION 81/83/87 -
Re: Don´t change the names!!!
Date: March 10, 2006 06:39PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
Uh, I'm from brazil too...and uh, they just call Redbull as RBR to shorten the name...same thing with ToroRosso. It's not a question of money really. They say rebull all the time in the races anyway...
Date: March 10, 2006 06:44PM
Posted by: MLAM
Isn;t it more to do with te FIA captions? I remember last year RedBull Racing was displayed as RBR Cosworth, same again for this year I guess
Date: March 10, 2006 07:18PM
Posted by: HBF1
In the last years also "British American Racing", known as BAR, everyone calls it "BAR" and not with the full name. I think Red Bull Racing and Scuderia Toro Rosso are too long for the Display Info so they cut it!
Date: March 10, 2006 07:36PM
Posted by: ralphi
yeah it's just because it's to long, how would it look if they wrote West McLaren Mercedes? or Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro that's actually there full names.. "Reanult Mild Seven"? or maybe it was just Reanutl F1, but never the less it's just long so they shorten it..

Date: March 10, 2006 07:39PM
Posted by: Muks_C
Mild Seven Renault F1 i think it is...

but yeah, it's nothing personal, or because of financial reasons.

how much time would they waste every time the commentators have to say Scuderia Toro Rosso, when they can just say STR.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: March 10, 2006 07:42PM
Posted by: Guimengo
I'd love to watch a GP with Galvão Bueno commenting, and saying Tôro Rôço ;)
Date: March 10, 2006 07:43PM
you're right.. but the new name is actually renault f1 the old one was Mild Seven Renault F1 Team dunno why the change :|

Date: March 10, 2006 07:47PM
well cos tobacco sponsorship is supposed to be banned from Europe now, and will eventally be banned worldwide, so it'd be pointless to have a cigarette manufacturer in your name if you can't say the name in a certain country.

Date: March 10, 2006 07:49PM
but i think ferrari might still be called Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro, they might have changed that too... you do have a point tho..

Date: March 10, 2006 07:53PM
well everyone except for Ferrari can see that the future of F1 (and the world in general) is tobacco-less, so are slowly making provisions to achieve it.

Date: March 11, 2006 11:44AM
Posted by: anze89
I still don't get this tobacco thing. If someone wants to smoke then he will smoke, it doesn't matter if there's marlboro on ferrari and mild seven on renault. And people don't start smoking because there's marlboro on ferrari but because they think it's cool (spelling) to smoke

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2006 11:46AM by anze89.
Date: March 11, 2006 02:44PM
you know that, i know that, but the PC brigade and idiot politicians don't see it that way. they feel they must protect us from anything even before it happens.

instead of banning tobacco advertising, why not just ban all forms of automated transport, including racing, commuting, and any activity that might hurt anyone anywhere in the world. if we all wore crash helmets and breathed through filters, and never left our homes, we might be safe.

Date: March 11, 2006 02:56PM
Posted by: DaveEllis

Posted by: anze89 (IP Logged)
Date: March 11, 2006 11:44AM

I still don't get this tobacco thing. If someone wants to smoke then he will smoke, it doesn't matter if there's marlboro on ferrari and mild seven on renault. And people don't start smoking because there's marlboro on ferrari but because they think it's cool (spelling) to smoke

Perhaps some people just dislike an industry which causes millions of deaths direclty from there products, and no nothing to stop it, being associated with a sport they enjoy

Honda for example is just a rolling death advert. Its a disgusting heap of @#$%&.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: March 11, 2006 03:44PM
Posted by: Nickv
It's not a death advert, if they would liked to be that they'd put SMOKE SMOKE SMOKE on their cars (like you did in your sig). There is only Lucky Strike on it, that's it. They only want the people who already smoke to smoke their brand.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2006 03:44PM by Nickv.
Date: March 11, 2006 03:50PM
Posted by: Dahie
think about it, their customers are constantly dying out ... so they need always new ones ...

Website | Blog | Twitter | CTDP: Site Blog Twitter
Date: March 11, 2006 05:03PM
Posted by: 97kirkc
Nickv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's not a death advert, if they would liked to be
> that they'd put SMOKE SMOKE SMOKE on their cars
> (like you did in your sig). There is only Lucky
> Strike on it, that's it. They only want the people
> who already smoke to smoke their brand.

Erm, take a look at the Honda car then get back to us ;)

Incase you cant see it, it basically is SMOKE SMOKE SMOKE on their cars, cause they have TWENTY THREE LUCKY STRIKE logo's.

Date: March 11, 2006 05:06PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Dahie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> think about it, their customers are constantly
> dying out ... so they need always new ones ...

Exactly!

These are just adverts for sticks of death, nothing more.

"Smoke Lucky Strike. You'll get cancer faster than our car goes from 0-60"

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: March 11, 2006 05:27PM
Posted by: Morbid
Most smokers are recruited when they are 12 to 16. Smokers have a hard time quitting. For most it takes 3 to 8 honest attempts to stop before they are able to, and quite a few start smoking again after a few years of being a non-smoker.

I just quit. I know how this stuff works. For some 3 or 4 weeks now, I feel this constant urge to light it up again, even though I don't want to.

Smoking doesn't outright kill you off. It just speeds up the process a bit more. On average, you lose some 8 years or so, about the same amount you would if you slack off and never exercise.

The real crux is all the downsides you have before you die. You smell bad, you taste bad, you lose a significant amount of smell and taste, your general health drops, healing is slowed down, you waste a substantial amount of money, you are a slave to a habit, your fertility drops, you get more diseases and as you get older they get more severe, your lung capacity goes down, you have bad breath, you are extra pale and so on and so...

Smoking feels good. It really does. I liked it for the 15 years I did it. But despite how good it feels, it is not worth all the above effects. I'd rather chew gum.

Smoking adverts are not death adverts. Death is what they in ethical terms call "an unintended side effect". Smoking adverts advertise a lifestyle - a lifestyle that is quite overrated.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: March 11, 2006 06:05PM
this should be in the next Lucky Strike/Mild Seven/Marlboro/B&H/Silk Cut advertising campaign:

"You smell bad, you taste bad, you lose a significant amount of smell and taste, your general health drops, healing is slowed down, you waste a substantial amount of money, you are a slave to a habit, your fertility drops, you get more diseases and as you get older they get more severe, your lung capacity goes down, you have bad breath, you are extra pale......

but it's damn COOL!!! so SMOKE Lucky Strike/Mild Seven/Marlboro/B&H/Silk Cut

you're gonna die anyway, why waste your life not smoking
??"

anyone seen that film (can't remember the name, was it The Whistle Blower??) with Russell Crowe about the Philip Morris company in the 60's, in which he played Geoff Wigand?

funny quote: "why would the cigarette companies lie (they said tobacco was not addictive or harmful), if we're dead, we can't smoke anymore!"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy