Championsip Tie

Posted by rayg 
Re: Championsip Tie
Date: September 12, 2003 08:44AM
Posted by: norseS4
FIA Rules & Regulations Sporting Regulations Points

26) If two or more constructors or drivers finish the season with the same number of points, the higher place in the Championship (in either case) shall be awarded to :
a) the holder of the greatest number of first places,
b) if the number of first places is the same, the holder of the greatest number of second places,
c) if the number of second places is the same, the holder of the greatest number of third places and so on until a winner emerges.
d) if this procedure fails to produce a result, the FIA will nominate the winner according to such criteria as it thinks fit.

Date: September 12, 2003 09:45AM
Posted by: X_Acto
FIA will nominate the winner according to such criteria as it thinks fit.

I really hope that never happen!!!!!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------

Date: September 12, 2003 09:50AM
Posted by: sasjag
"d) if this procedure fails to produce a result, the FIA will nominate the winner according to such criteria as it thinks fit."

that is just a joke :| surely they can come up with something more related to there performances

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: September 12, 2003 10:14AM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
Tis not a joke, what else would they do?
Date: September 12, 2003 11:10AM
Posted by: cynic
See I told you! It will be down to narrowest tyres. ;)
Date: September 12, 2003 11:47AM
Posted by: markko
They will choose Schumacher wont they? The FIA always rigs it towards him. GO KIMI BTW

Date: September 12, 2003 12:40PM
Posted by: Big_F1_Fan
i agree. schumacher will clearly be the chosen one.
Date: September 12, 2003 01:10PM
Posted by: Vader
If two drivers have the same time in qualifying the driver who got the time first starts ahead of the other driver.

I guess it's pretty much the same with points. If two drivers score the identical number of points and are equal in all ther respects, the driver who scored his amount of points first is the winner.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: September 12, 2003 01:47PM
Posted by: jginete
and if they scored their amount of points @ the same time???
Date: September 12, 2003 04:13PM
Posted by: Vader
How can they have scored the same amount of points at the same time having the same amount of wins? Since you cannot have two winners in one race (or drivers who score the same amount of points in one race) someone must have been first. Think logically!

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: September 12, 2003 09:50PM
Posted by: Dizzoau
If two drivers have the same time in qualifying the driver who got the time first starts ahead of the other driver.

I guess it's pretty much the same with points. If two drivers score the identical number of points and are equal in all ther respects, the driver who scored his amount of points first is the winner.

For qualifying that makes sense, for the championship, it sucks.
Date: September 13, 2003 03:55AM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
the car that's red will eb declared the winner.. because.. its umm, err, red :) j/k

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC & GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Date: September 13, 2003 04:03AM
Posted by: Pooky
it woudl go to a world council meeting woudnt it??

and a vote by each member would provide the outcome

Date: September 13, 2003 04:52AM
Posted by: sasjag
wouldn't it make more sense to go into laps led :| then laps in 2nd place, laps in 3rd place etc

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: September 13, 2003 04:54AM
Posted by: Oleg
It will be decided by the toss of a coin.Honest.

Everything in the past is better than today.It's true,I read it on the internet.
Date: September 13, 2003 07:52AM
Posted by: stevewaller
if this procedure fails to produce a result, the FIA will nominate the winner according to such criteria as it thinks fit

Schumacher will win because becuase the FIA love him and want him to beat Fangios record and Ferrari will win the Constructors becuase the FIA are up their ar*es (& vice versa)!!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jenson Button and BAR..........Watch them fly in 2004
Date: September 13, 2003 10:17AM
Posted by: Kimi Räikkönen
Lol!!!!!

Sorry guys, my forum is down. :(
Date: September 13, 2003 12:11PM
Posted by: norseS4
"Schumacher will win because becuase the FIA love him and want him to beat Fangios record and Ferrari will win the Constructors becuase the FIA are up their ar*es (& vice versa)!!"

*inhales* just what I was going to say* put fingers in the ears and waits for an explotion called Oleg* ;-)

Date: September 13, 2003 09:05PM
Posted by: Todays_Horse
What utter bollocks.

They should have a shoot out at a track selected by somone unconnected to F1, say a 10 lap shoot out, winner takes all.

'The beak of Ayrton Senna's chicken is pulling ahead!' ~ Murray Walker
Date: September 14, 2003 03:58AM
Posted by: Kimi Räikkönen
Lol!!!!! Now that would be good!!!!!

Sorry guys, my forum is down. :(
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy