Kimi to Ferrari: Is it done?

Posted by Karan 
Re: Kimi to Ferrari: Is it done?
Date: March 05, 2006 11:24PM
Posted by: mikef1
But would Kimi want to drive for a faceless, soulless, historically bereft team like Toyota? I doubt it and i hope not.
Date: March 06, 2006 12:16AM
Posted by: Muks_C
yeah my thoughts exactly. i read Firewings' post earlier, and was gonna post something along the lines of "I hope he doesn't go to Toyota, a team that has no history or passion, who are only in f1 to sell roadcars".

as a fan, i have no feelings towards them at all, as you say, a faceless corporate machine.

i have more feelings for Super Aguri than toyota, at least they want to be in F1 to race and are not trying to sell something.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: March 06, 2006 12:23AM
Posted by: marcl
toyota think money can buy anything, they are wrong
Date: March 06, 2006 01:49AM
Posted by: Slash
really????

ask Don Corleone!
Date: March 06, 2006 11:07AM
Posted by: gav
Muks_C Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> yeah my thoughts exactly. i read Firewings' post
> earlier, and was gonna post something along the
> lines of "I hope he doesn't go to Toyota, a team
> that has no history or passion, who are only in f1
> to sell roadcars".
>
> as a fan, i have no feelings towards them at all,
> as you say, a faceless corporate machine.
>
> i have more feelings for Super Aguri than toyota,
> at least they want to be in F1 to race and are not
> trying to sell something.

Are you so deluded to see that's why all the manufacturers are in? You think Renault are in for the sport of it? They said themselves that as soon as the benefit goes, so will they.

Much as it pains me to say it, the only manufacturer in it for reasons other than sales and brand awareness, is Ferrari. They probably make so much in merchandise and whatever, that the benefits outweigh the negatives before they even see the road cars.

I somehow don't think Kimi of all people is overally interested in historical aspect of it. Can't see him tootling along in a W196 at Goodwood anytime soon.
Date: March 06, 2006 11:33AM
no i'm not deluded, i understand that most of the teams now have major manufacturer backing, and are all there to sell their product, but Toyota just seems so much more faceless than the others.

at least Renault have someone like Flavio who is passionate, McLaren have Ron (until Merc takeover), Williams have Frank and Patrick and so on.

there's just something about toyota that seems different to the others.

Date: March 06, 2006 12:24PM
My feelings exactly. I mean, Japan apart, how many Toyota flags, t-shirts and caps do you see in the crowds at GPs during the year? Not many. If Toyota and Ferrari were doing as well as each other on track and you had to pick one of the teams to drive for, you wouldn't pick Toyota would you?
Date: March 06, 2006 12:38PM
Posted by: marcl
think all kimi cares about is winning.

Honda are still the main team people support in japan and that goes back to the 80's and 90's senna was very popular there and so is sato and toyota keep making a point that the f1 team is german
Date: March 06, 2006 05:57PM
Posted by: tripleM
...which is suitable in the boardroom in Tokyo not the real world

Date: March 06, 2006 11:44PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Kimi's manager told few days ago that Renault also have strong possibility to be a Kimi's next team , but he would want to stay with McLaren if they are competitive enough .Anyway Kimi said today that money and competitive car arent the only things that are important for him when he decides his next team but he admitted that there are more than one choice for his next team .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2006 12:16AM by vesuvius.
Date: March 06, 2006 11:59PM
Posted by: IWE
marcl Wrote:
> think all kimi cares about is winning.
>

Well if that is true why the hell he needs to get 2x more money than other drivers (except MS)? I think he many other drivers cares a lot more about racing and winning races than Kimi..

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: March 07, 2006 12:13AM
IWE Wrote:
> marcl Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > think all kimi cares about is winning.
> >
>
> Well if that is true why the hell he needs to get
> 2x more money than other drivers (except MS)? I
> think he many other drivers cares a lot more about
> racing and winning races than Kimi..
>
> -------------------------------------------
> I DONT HAVE SIGNATURE! AND I DONT NEED ONE!

first of all you dont know how much Kimi gets money but I think you are quite close the truth but I doubt that there are many other drivers out there who care more about winning than Kimi. Money is important for him like it's for anyone else but he likes to be a champion more than anything .
Date: March 07, 2006 04:39AM
Posted by: Slash

>
> at least Renault have someone like Flavio who is
> passionate, McLaren have Ron (until Merc
> takeover), Williams have Frank and Patrick and so
> on.
>
> there's just something about toyota that seems
> different to the others.
>
are you for real???

Renault have flavio who is passionate for throwing his drivers to the trash, look what happened to Jenson, Jarno, Wurz, RON?????? ron is throwing out a driver that you yourself say is a natural racer, and williams????? a team that wnats from their drivers what they don't give them......
Ron was so critical of alonso when the fight wis kimi was hot.., and then bum, he hired him!

man, open your eyes., eveybody is behind the big 0's
Date: March 07, 2006 07:12AM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
Thats called formula 1 Slash , 2 IWE , Ralf earns more money then more drivers in the field and he isnt even so suberb , kimi is so who deserves the money more ?

Date: March 07, 2006 10:50AM
Mistake in my last post: Kimi gets ALREADY 2x more money than other drivers except Schumacher brothers!

Ralf gets less money than Kimi but yes he (RS) gets so much because of his name! But Kimi is asking for even more! That is way too much specially because he havent done anything special atleast yet..

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: March 07, 2006 12:20PM
From F1 racing-live:
Intriguingly, Michael's younger brother Ralf, 30 (Toyota), is listed as F1's second highest earner, with a $20.4m coffer.

McLaren's pair Kimi Raikkonen ($14.4m) and Juan Pablo Montoya ($13.2) come next, followed by Rubens Barrichello ($12m), Jarno Trulli ($9.6m) and the reigning world champion, Fernando Alonso.

Renault's Alonso will earn 'only' $7.2 million in 2006, perhaps explaining his high-pay switch to McLaren at the end of the year.

Behind him is Mark Webber and David Coulthard ($7.2m), with Jenson Button seemingly paying the price for his Williams buy-out by earning the same retainer.

The remainder of the published list is as follows: Giancarlo Fisichella and Nick Heidfeld ($6m), Jacques Villeneuve ($3.6m), Nico Rosberg and Christian Klien ($1.8m).

I'd say Kimi is good value for money in my opinion!
Date: March 07, 2006 01:01PM
IWE Wrote:
> Mistake in my last post: Kimi gets ALREADY 2x more
> money than other drivers except Schumacher
> brothers!
>
> Ralf gets less money than Kimi but yes he (RS)
> gets so much because of his name! But Kimi is
> asking for even more! That is way too much
> specially because he havent done anything special
> atleast yet..
>
>
> -------------------------------------------
> I DONT HAVE SIGNATURE! AND I DONT NEED ONE!

yeah he hasnt done anything special yet ..... he has only crashed his team mates and have taken few wins the only reason why he isnt a champion yet is a Mercedes and it's McLaren's fault to pay that much money to Kimi they did it already when Mika was in that team ( he was paid almost as much as Michael ).I think all these drivers are over paid because there is more important things in a world then racing.

Date: March 07, 2006 06:33PM
yes but if you were a driver, or in any normal job, if someone offers you a lot of money, would you not accept it? what you are "worth" and what you actually get can be two very different separate things.

if Kimi is being offered $50 million, even if he's not worth it, why should he not accept it? he's not going to complain that it's too much. if a team or engine manufacturer is happy to pay that amount, then that's not his fault, is it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2006 06:47PM by Muks_C.
Date: March 07, 2006 06:42PM
He is ASKING for so much money! Nobody was talking about offering so much..

Date: March 07, 2006 06:47PM
well he deserves more than Ralf anyway...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy