Date: March 03, 2006 07:55PM
Posted by: Karan
marcl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the best team mate he had was brundle, they were
> very close on race pace probably the only team
> mate ms has had that was

that was what? a proven race winner? ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2006 07:56PM by Karan.
Re: Kimi to Ferrari: Is it done?
Date: March 03, 2006 08:14PM
Posted by: gav
Karan Wrote:
> Well I dont think those were good moves by Mclaren
> first with JPM and then with Alonso. I dont think
> anything positive comes out of it for either side
> and IF these rumours about Kimi to Ferrari are
> true then its good theyre keeping it under wraps
> until the right time.

Think commercial my friend. ;-)
Date: March 03, 2006 08:43PM
Posted by: anze89
It would be nice if MS and KR would be at ferrari at the same time, but then I'm afraid that if KR beats MS (that's posible, considering MS age) people will start saying that he's a better driver than MS ever was, but the truth is that MS now, with a wife and 2 children, is probably more that 1,5sec slower than MS in 1994 or 1995. It would probably destroy MS image as one of the best drivers ever (even if we know that he's one of the best there ever was/be, the other people that don't watch F1 so often will start to think otherwise). I just hope that MS won't finish his carrer like Nigel Mansell and Damon Hill did.

Date: March 03, 2006 08:50PM
Posted by: Forgotten
LOL ?! 1,5 sec slower ?! LOL OMG ! LOL

ok ... 1,5 secs ?! !! he is probably a bit faster than what he was IMHO ..
Date: March 03, 2006 08:57PM
Posted by: Muks_C
but if they were together, i don't think that either one would completely destroy the other.

they might be close, and one of them would ultimately have done better than the other, but i doubt it would be by a huge margin.

it's not like MS is Esteban Tuero, is it? Kimi won't blow him away, but he might beat him by a few points or results.

MS' image will only be deflated if Kimi absolutely wasted him, which i don't think would happen.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: March 03, 2006 09:02PM
Posted by: anze89
Forgotten Wrote:
> LOL ?! 1,5 sec slower ?! LOL OMG ! LOL
>
> ok ... 1,5 secs ?! !! he is probably a bit faster
> than what he was IMHO ..

You said 'LOL' more times that I did in the last week, that's a bit scary :p

OK, maybe I was a bit overreacting but he's around one second slower than he was in the past.

Date: March 03, 2006 09:32PM
Posted by: Forgotten
eheh ;)
honestly I dont think so , that is to much. He is as fast as he was , dont forget he has a ton more experience than before , and that compensates for any lost raw speed
Date: March 03, 2006 11:59PM
Posted by: Karan
gav Wrote:
> Karan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Well I dont think those were good moves by
> Mclaren
> > first with JPM and then with Alonso. I dont
> think
> > anything positive comes out of it for either
> side
> > and IF these rumours about Kimi to Ferrari
> are
> > true then its good theyre keeping it under
> wraps
> > until the right time.
>
> Think commercial my friend.

well perhaps. I can see Mclaren playing Alonso's Championship title to their advantage in attracting sponsors (i.e Vodafone) but not sure if Ferrari needs to do the same thing, I would imagine having Michael Schumacher there is good enough ;-)

Date: March 04, 2006 12:00AM
Posted by: vesuvius
I dont think Michael is any slower then he was in the past .... he maybe doesnt take so many risks anymore but he is still as fast as he use to or even faster but I think Kimi could be a more than a match for him if he will be his team mate but it would be very close. Tomorrows Finnish newspaper Turun Sanomat (it's reliable) have a Kimi's interview where he says that he wants and it would be easiest to him to stay in McLaren but he first want to see how things will go in 2006 :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2006 12:38AM by vesuvius.
Date: March 04, 2006 12:38AM
Karan Wrote:
> well perhaps. I can see Mclaren playing Alonso's
> Championship title to their advantage in
> attracting sponsors (i.e Vodafone) but not sure
> if Ferrari needs to do the same thing, I would
> imagine having Michael Schumacher there is good
> enough

I wasn't really thinking of MS to be honest - just Monty and Alonso. But back to MS, perhaps the sponsors need a bit of reassuring/insurance just in case MS does leave. They wouldn't want to be left with Massa and some reject. Kimi, though hardly the most commercial driver, would probably satisfy them.

I'm just being hypothetical of course - might be totally wrong.
Date: March 04, 2006 12:44AM
Posted by: tripleM
What,Schumacher doesn't age now?

:-o

The reason why he doesn't take many risks anymore is because it's getting more and more difficult to safely pull them off.

Date: March 04, 2006 01:06AM
Posted by: marcl
was able to keep up with him in the races i meant to say very offen brundle was right behind him.

thats what i meant to say lol

u have to remember that mclaren lost their title sponcer so needed to attrack a new one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2006 01:07AM by marcl.
Date: March 05, 2006 03:42AM
Posted by: Slash
Everybody thinks "what happens if kimi beats michael", what if it was the other way around....., i mean look at JPM an Kimi, JPM came to mclaren overrated as it was, but it was consider as one of the best on the grid..., and after that season he's now strugglin to find a seat in f-1, at least a good one.., remeber kimi is not a champion., and the way things are looking now, i don't think he's gonna be this year.., so what happens if michael destroys him in 2007?? would that be the end?

cheers
Date: March 05, 2006 08:26AM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
I dont think kimi would be destroyed and i dont think neither kimi would destroy micheal , they are both one of the best drivers on the grid , things can change realy fast , remember last year ? Alonso was in the first few races beaten by jarno trulli , and then trulli was nothing (i still believe renault gave him other matrial becouse jarno isnt a bad driver but he couldnt score points in the renault anymore!!!) and now Fernando is world champion , Kimi isn't a world champion , isn't yet , i'm almost sure he will take it at least once but the question is , when ?

Date: March 05, 2006 10:57AM
Posted by: IWE
Possibly after he notises that 25million e for 1 season is way too much for him! And desides stay at McLaren... And if he can beat Alonso.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: March 05, 2006 11:32AM
Posted by: watercolours
he can beat balloonso.
Date: March 05, 2006 12:44PM
Slash Wrote:
> Everybody thinks "what happens if kimi beats
> michael", what if it was the other way
> around....., i mean look at JPM an Kimi, JPM came
> to mclaren overrated as it was, but it was
> consider as one of the best on the grid..., and
> after that season he's now strugglin to find a
> seat in f-1, at least a good one.., remeber kimi
> is not a champion., and the way things are looking
> now, i don't think he's gonna be this year.., so
> what happens if michael destroys him in 2007??
> would that be the end?

I wouldn't go that far. He's struggled to settle in, but by the end of the season there wasn't an aweful lot seperating them. He'll never be Kimi, but he's still one of the best drivers out there. There was rumours of JPM to Ferrari too, remember ;-)
Date: March 05, 2006 01:10PM
Posted by: marcl
would all depend what treatment kimi got at ferrari, i.e equal status
Date: March 05, 2006 01:24PM
Posted by: Muks_C
i think there would be nothing other than equal status if Kimi went to ferrari. Kimi has a big enough name and reputation to force Luca and Todt to make him equal to MS IMO.

the management know that MS only has 1, or maybe 2 years left, so there's is no need to support him as the no.1 anymore, expecially if they have a driver of the talent of Kimi. it would be insulting to Kimi, and he wouldn't accept it. he would have it written in his contract that he would have equal status, he wouldn't accept the Irvine or Rubens role in the team, as he has no need to, because he is capable of driving as well as, if not better, than MS at this point in time.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: March 05, 2006 10:05PM
Posted by: FireWings
I guess that for Kimi it doesn't really matter, all the teams want him. Toyota is said to have offered him a mayor long term deal and that one would be a good option, it would give Kimi a chance to do what Micheal has done with Benetton and Ferrari to build the team around him, but that would be a few year before that starts to pay off.

Ferrari is also an option but Kimi first has to see about the staff of Ferrari, is Jean Todt, Ross Brawn and the others leave with Micheal then there's a good chance that the team collapses, and that would also take a few year to rebuild.

Staying at Mclaren is also an option but since Mclaren and especially Mercedes has such a bad track record with the periods of their fighting for wins being short and their realibility wavering, that not a sure bet either. I would bet that Kimi could beat Alonse hands-down. Kimi is more of an actual fighter and Alonso drives more with his head.

Anyway, as I am a Kimi fan I hope that whereever he goes that we will keep fighting for the title.

Raymond Schram
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy