Mika or Schuie?

Posted by Mini Maestro 
Re: Mika or Schuie?
Date: March 05, 2006 12:41AM
Posted by: Slash
Senna died being chased by michael schumacher.........
Pressure???

"oh my god, the guy everyone's talking 'bout is behind me!!"
Date: March 05, 2006 01:12AM
Posted by: marcl
no one knows what went wrong at imola, car or senna driving to fast and we never will know.

And we still dont know if the benetton was legal or not all we do know about 1994 was that senna totally kicked hills arse on the quali runs and in brazil till he spun he was driving the wheels off a car that was not good.

Senna was already 20 points behind ms by imola and who knows he may have caught him he may have not we will never know so it aint worth talking about.

and 1995 hill and dc totally messed up in a car that was better than the benetton.

But mika never had 2 easy championships. !998 went to the final race as did 1999.
Date: March 05, 2006 01:17AM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
marcl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But mika never had 2 easy championships. !998
> went to the final race as did 1999.

the reason they went to the last races was because mika wasnt good enough to finish them earlier ;)
Date: March 05, 2006 01:19AM
no the reason was due to car failures and team mate probs in 1999 and 2 stupid errors by mika in imola and monza. And eddie has solo let him win in germany and ms let eddie win in sepang.

1998 there were a number of car probs as well.
Date: March 05, 2006 01:21AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Slash Wrote:
> Senna died being chased by michael
> schumacher.........
> Pressure???
>
> "oh my god, the guy everyone's talking 'bout is
> behind me!!"

You better just be making a sick joke.
Date: March 05, 2006 01:29AM
Posted by: Muks_C
MS would not have made the 2 mistakes Mika made at Imola and Monza '98, 2 races leading at the front with no pressure.

so although McLaren had car problems, Mika made 2 vital mistakes that cost him certain wins, which would have killed the title off earlier instead of taking it to the last race.

i just can't help thinking that MS in the '98 McLaren would have been something similar to 2002.

1999 Mika got lucky cos of MS' accident, so only had to deal with Irvine.

MS won 2 races in '99 before the accident, and the car was looking good with Irvine taking the win in Melbourne also, so without missing 6 races, he could have taken the fight to Mika, and possibly won the title.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: March 05, 2006 01:29AM
Posted by: Hakkinenf1
to be honset,i am starting to take Michael's side for Jerez 1997
as he was turining to take the corner,and JV showed no sign that he was going to make a move,he just through his car,all over Michael,
i guess if Michael was the one with the 1 pt behind,ppl would have blamed JV badly,because i love his move,but it was very stupied,and if Michael didn't stop him,he would have ended up on the gravel

Mika Vs Michael thing is a big post to make,so i will save my self a headache and ignore the whole thing.

-------------------------
gooooz fra ba
-------------------------
Date: March 05, 2006 01:38AM
dunno spa 1998 he shoved it in the back of dc under no presure :)

got lucky in argentina went off the road and got away with it under no presure.

usa 1999 he spun under no presure. The thing with ms he used to get away with things like that.

The reason ms got stick about 1997 was after he hit jv he carried on turning the wheel that was the problem. Jv said he would have slowed down enough but others say he would have hit ms anyway hard to say and again we dont know.

Mclaren lost their way in 1999 after the ms crash they seemed to all back off. Mika made 2 errors but broke down in australia, wheel fell off in britain, flat in germany, dc austria, dc spa.

Germany and gb were certain wins so that was 20 points lost there as well.
Date: March 05, 2006 01:57AM
@ HakkinenF1, please share your views with us. obviously you will favour Mika, but give us reason why also.

@ Marc, well Spa was a different situation, rain and spray, DC not accelerating when he should have been, or should have moved off the racing line.

1999 there was no race in USA, that was 2000 :) he was playing with the buttons on his steering wheel cos he was way out in front, and lost concentration.

and it's debatable whether or not JV would have gone straight on and into the gravel had MS not been in front of him to slow him down.

we'll never know of course.

about Hockenhein '99, the sniper did a good job on Mika's tyre ;-)

Date: March 05, 2006 02:08AM
yes meant 2000 lol

i was joking about spa.

Date: March 05, 2006 02:08AM
Posted by: Karan
marcl Wrote:
and 1995 hill and dc totally messed up in a car
> that was better than the benetton.
>

the 95 williams was better than the 95 benetton...really? ;)

> But mika never had 2 easy championships. !998
> went to the final race as did 1999.

thats because he made them hard for himself ;) both championships shouldve been a walk in the park for him.

Date: March 05, 2006 02:15AM
as i said 1999 there were 3 car problems where he lost wins. 2 mistakes by him

If u remember 1995 it was spain i think until the benetton was a winning car. And then u had hill crash into ms in gb and italy. From what i remeber most people said the 1995 williams was better than the 1995 benetton.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2006 02:18AM by marcl.
Date: March 05, 2006 09:50AM
Posted by: Forgotten
Benetton was only better for 3 or 4 races IIRC , and when the fw17-b ( I think it's this number ) started to race from Estoril on , It was more than obvious what car was the best
Date: March 05, 2006 10:52AM
Posted by: IWE
Karan Wrote:
> marcl Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> and 1995 hill and dc totally messed up in a car
> > that was better than the benetton.
> >
>
> the 95 williams was better than the 95
> benetton...really?
>

Yeap. It was. Benetton did use same car as Ligier...

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: March 05, 2006 01:28PM
well Ligier used a Benetton, not the other way round.

Hill got fired at the end of '95 for losing the title in what Williams and Head thought was the best car in which he should have walked the title. of course he won the title in '96, but the decision had already been made a year previously, so Hill had to go.

many people think Williams fired Hill after he won the title, but they fired him before the '96 season even began.

it's like if Alonso wins the '06 title, then moves to mclaren for '07, if they hadn't announced the deal already, people might think he was fired after winning the title, but we know that's not what happened.

Date: March 05, 2006 01:33PM
Posted by: mikef1
"many people think Williams fired Hill after he won the title, but they fired him before the '96 season even began."
Yep and they waited a long time before they actually told Hill that he was fired, which i thought was rather unfair.
Date: March 05, 2006 01:43PM
ah, i didn't know about the delay in telling Hill.

when did they tell him approximately?

they took the decision because he failed to win the '95 title which they though he should have easily won.

Date: March 05, 2006 01:45PM
hill also made hard work of 1996 the year he finally won, jv pushed him all the way and it was his 1st year.

Saying that prost made very hard work of 93
Date: March 05, 2006 01:50PM
Posted by: mikef1
AFAIR it was at Monza '96 before they told Hill that he was being replaced by HHF.
Date: March 05, 2006 01:51PM
Posted by: tripleM
Taking the title with 2 races to go?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy