New Michelin Tyres Passed by the FIA!

Posted by McBain 
New Michelin Tyres Passed by the FIA!
Date: September 09, 2003 08:32AM
Posted by: McBain
The FIA have approved new tyres that Michelin intend to use at this weekend
Re: New Michelin Tyres Passed by the FIA!
Date: September 09, 2003 08:35AM
Posted by: Pooky
good.

i hope michelin will still be competitive

Date: September 09, 2003 08:53AM
Posted by: marcl
The problem is the tyres when tested were not all that, they have spent time on these whilst bridgestone have been making new compunds.

I really hope MS breaks down and is out of the title race.
Date: September 09, 2003 09:00AM
Posted by: McBain
What are the chances of that aye. McLaren should get Coulthard to take MS out of the race.

Seriously though McLaren and Willaims have been saying to get the Michelin tyres to conform with the new rules that have had to change the car setup and it has affected performance. I guess role on Friday and we will see what the situation is.
Date: September 09, 2003 09:03AM
Posted by: Ellis
tbh, i hope they wipe the floor with Ferrari

Wud be a kick in the face wudnt it?

"hey yuo moaned about our tyres and we're STILL better than you :p"

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: September 09, 2003 09:05AM
I would just love it if bridgestone were illegal
Date: September 09, 2003 11:24AM
Posted by: 97kirkc
It would be good to see Michael to have an engine failure since................................................well, erm.......................................? ;)

Date: September 09, 2003 12:32PM
Posted by: Imran
All michelin teams have said that the new tyres are more competitive than the old ones

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: September 09, 2003 01:02PM
Posted by: Oleg
A number of press reports have suggested that the FIA has changed or re-interpreted the tyre regulations. This is not correct. The maximum tread width has been 270mm since 1999. The FIA has never suggested that tread width was unlimited once the tyre was in use.

Here you go.Illegal tyres.

Everything in the past is better than today.It's true,I read it on the internet.
Date: September 09, 2003 01:55PM
Posted by: matthewp
A number of press reports have suggested that the FIA has changed or re-interpreted the tyre regulations. This is not correct. The maximum tread width has been 270mm since 1999. The FIA has never suggested that tread width was unlimited once the tyre was in use.

Here you go.Illegal tyres.

oleg you know that doesn't mean anything, the Michelin tyres did not exceed that maximum tread when new which means they were legal, they did exceed them when they were not new but that was not illegal before, it is now.
Technically the rule hasn't been changed, but how the rule is enforced is which is in effect the same as a rule change,

Post Edited (09-09-03 20:56)

Date: September 09, 2003 01:56PM
Posted by: Ellis
Matt give up, he just doesnt seem to get it. Rather sad. Everybody else does

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: September 09, 2003 02:18PM
Posted by: norseS4
I think he gets it allright, but he's just a Professional Shite Stirrer.

Date: September 09, 2003 02:23PM
Posted by: matthewp

I think he gets it allright, but he's just a Professional Shite Stirrer.

thats exactly what I was thinking, its quite sad really

Date: September 09, 2003 02:26PM
Posted by: jon
the funny thing is that because the new tyres haven't been tested that much, Ron Dennis has said that for all McLaren and Williams know, these tyres may be just as "illegal" as the old tyres as they ain't had as much time as they need to test them properley
Date: September 09, 2003 07:01PM
Posted by: G_Force
For these new tyres to be competitive i think that they'll need a lot more than 1 weeks testing. The teams would have had to change the toe-in, camber and suspension geometry on the cars to suit the new tyres, its not just a simple matter bolting two tyres to the front and saying "There you go boys have a good race".

I certainly hope that they have managed to find the right setup for the tyres but unfortunately i dont think the time they've had will be long enough for them. I hope im proven wrong though!

----------
[timblair.net]
----------
Homer Simpson: "Well i would like to live long enough to see the effects of global warming, cos i've got an inside line that its all a load of crap"
Date: September 10, 2003 12:51AM
Posted by: MysticalCrayon
or maybe if schumi was pissed and they wouldnt let him race cuz he was over the limit =P thatd be funny

Date: September 10, 2003 01:03AM
Posted by: rayg
I bloody glad that Michelin's new tyres have passed the test and maybe now the 1000 threads about the tyres can stop! :)

Michelin will still have the upper hand even MS said that it won;t make that much difference in the race so who cares, lets get back to raceing!!!

JPM will leave Monza with a 3 point lead over MS this weekend in the championship! come on my son!!!!!!!!
Date: September 10, 2003 01:23AM
If it does not make a difference then why did they complain?

It will make a difference they will be on tyres that are not fully developed or tested like the other ones.
Date: September 10, 2003 01:39AM
Posted by: rayg
The difference will be minimal they won't be .5 sec a lap slower so they wil be faster then Ferrari. Ferarri complained to get them changed now before Michelin keep developeing the tyre so they go bald afte a few laps.

Thats my opion only not factual!
Date: September 10, 2003 03:32AM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
i think the rule just wasn't involved enuf.. and ahd that loophole in it where Michelin could get away with what they were doing.

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC & GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy