Poor Ralf: It's Michael's Fault I Suck So Bad ....

Posted by Jagdpanzer 
Poor Ralf: It's Michael's Fault I Suck So Bad ....
Date: February 23, 2006 10:46PM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
[www.planet-f1.com]

Ralf blames sibling rivalry

"Ralf Schumacher claims his brother's success has harmed his own dreams of Formula One glory.
Schumacher, whose brother Michael is the sport's most successful driver, has struggled to step out of the shadow of his older sibling since joining the grand prix grid in 1997.

By that point Michael was already a two-time world champion and Ralf confesses he has not always felt welcome in the Formula One paddock.

"People have always felt that one Schumacher is enough, especially in my case where there was always more focus on the team-mates I had than the other way round," the 30-year-old told Autosport.

Schumacher, who has won just six grands prix to his brother's seven world championships, claims he was dogged by negativity in his four years at Williams."

Wow! So thats the reason Ralf suxs so bad, Michael has been holding him back all these years!

Poor Ralf, he says "there was always more focus on the team-mates I had than the other way round," but apparently hasn't realized that if his teammates didn't constantly outperform him this might not be the case. If I were Ralf I would worry about Jarno Trulli embarassing me every week and then get on my knees and thank my brother every day, since chances are that if he wasn't Schumi's little bro he would probably racing touring cars or in CART instead of in F1. There are plenty of drivers out there as good or better than Ralf, the only difference is they are not Schumachers.......

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2006 07:34AM by Jagdpanzer.
Re: Poor Ralf: It's Michael's Fault I suck So Bad....
Date: February 23, 2006 10:49PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Well I wouldnt say that Ralf is bad driver but he isnt a top driver but anyway I think he will have a good seaon this year and we shouldnt forget that he beated Trulli last year in points even if he was slower in qualifyings ....
Date: February 23, 2006 10:54PM
Posted by: tripleM
He did seem to get a lot of bad press for reasons unbeknown to me.

Date: February 23, 2006 11:05PM
Posted by: Forgotten
"If I were Ralf I would worry about Jarno Trulli embarassing me every week "

If I were Ralf I would be laughing to Jarno Trulli for finishing the season in front of him. Ralf finished with 2 more points than Jarno if I am not mistaken.

anyway , he is just sad for no reason , he should show more on the track his values than worrying about that kinda stuff ...
Date: February 24, 2006 12:41AM
Posted by: keiran
Ralf is still in F1 because of his brother. It's also the reason he gets paid so much money because Toyota advertise the name "Schumacher" instead of "Ralf Schumacher". Although he can be a good driver at times more often that not he throws it off and blames something else but himself.

Keiran

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:
Date: February 24, 2006 04:53AM
Posted by: Hakkinenf1
i don't like Ralf,but i think there is some truth in his words.
and he was amazing in 99 and 2000 ,but when Montoya came,all press went prasinig Montoya.

-------------------------
gooooz fra ba
-------------------------
Date: February 24, 2006 05:05AM
Posted by: Slash
Ralf's stronger point is making the car better, i remember when he was in williams with montoya, montoya sometimes had to use ralf's set up because he couldn't find it himself.., i could be mistaken but i do think that if he had another last name things would be different, in terms of people getting on his back every now and then., the press always tries to harm the hero of the movie when this ones destroys the opposition, and they couldn't do it for many years with michael, so they went to ralf......, everything that ralf did was in the media everytime.......... the thing is and i think i said it before, it's that being a schumacher, people expect him to be as good as his brother, and simply he isn't. nobody on earth is, but he's not as bad as people think he is...

i mean, if a list was made to trhow people out of f-1 he wouldn't be in the top 5....

cheers,
Date: February 24, 2006 05:14AM
and @Jagdpanzer, listen, if you hate ralf so much, why on earth would you read a news on him, and start a topic on aforum about it........, i think you're one of those persons consumed by the media 'bout hating the schumachers..., i'm right, right?

Date: February 24, 2006 05:16AM
Forgotten Wrote:

> Ralf finished with 2 more points than Jarno if I am not
> mistaken.
>

Wow. 2 whole points ahead of Trulli. How many times did he out qualify Jarno? Look, I'm not slagging Ralf just to praise Jarno, but Schumi Jr. has to be one of the biggest whiners in F1. Not only does he blame his brother for overshadowing him, he blames Williams beacuse they found someone quicker than him, blamed Eddie Jordan for costing him the win at Spa in 1998 when Damon Hill got the victory and he finished second, blamed the people at Toyota last year for not setting the car up specifically for him instead of Trulli, and then when he got the car set up to his specifications he STILL didn't win, though he did improve a tad.

I saw today where he came out and said Michael couldn't possibly win at Ferrari this year, and lets not forget he said Michael tried to kill him at Monaco last season when he left the door open on the last lap and Michael blew past him because of it.

Ralf is certainly a top-notch crybaby, but not a top-notch driver....

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: February 24, 2006 05:20AM
Slash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> and @Jagdpanzer, listen, if you hate ralf so much,
> why on earth would you read a news on him, and
> start a topic on aforum about it........, i think
> you're one of those persons consumed by the media
> 'bout hating the schumachers..., i'm right,
> right?
>
>

Uh, no... you aren't right. I have an opinion, and a Forum on F1 topics is usually set up so people can share their OPINIONS on F1, Hey if, I hit a nerve with you I'm sorry. Maybe you should slip into your Ralfy Schumacher pajamas and take a nap before you become more upset.....

Date: February 24, 2006 05:27AM
yeah, you're right i will...

i think someone got a little sentimental....
like you said, i was just sharing my opinion, there's no need to slagg me off 'cuz of it!!

RALF SCHUMACHER THE BEST!, F*CK THE REST!
Date: February 24, 2006 05:29AM
but you seem to know more about him than me!,., i've seen you've been taking note every time he whines scince 98...
Date: February 24, 2006 06:37AM
Slash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> but you seem to know more about him than me!,.,
> i've seen you've been taking note every time he
> whines scince 98...

Well slash, Ralfy has made it a point to whine a bit over the years hasn't he? He should be careful. If he keeps it up people will start to confuse him with Jenson Button......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2006 07:30AM by Jagdpanzer.
Date: February 24, 2006 06:47AM
Posted by: Razorsedge
How could that happen??...

Ralph is a Race Winner on his day.

Date: February 24, 2006 07:28AM
I will give him that Razor.

Look folks, Ralf certainly isn't untalented, though I rank him somewhere in the middle of the pack, he does win on occasion. I don't dislike him at all.

I just wish he wouldn't play the blame game so much. I'm sure it is tough being Michael's little brother, but for Ralf to say that this has hindered his progress as a driver is a bit melodramatic in my opinion. If anything being Schumi's brother helped him get into F1, and for sure, it helped him get his job with Toyota...

Re: Poor Ralf: It's Michael's Fault ....
Date: February 24, 2006 07:36AM
Posted by: marcl
if Rs did not have that surname he would have never got to f1 when he did.
Re: Poor Ralf: It's Michael's Fault I Suck So Bad ....
Date: February 24, 2006 11:26AM
Posted by: montana_uk
Yeah, between having the Schumacher surname and having Wili Weber as his manager, he got into F1 way too easily and quickly.

Yes, he has shown he can win a race or 2, but only if the car is working fine, and he doesn't have any pressure from anyone else.

He's a chicken otherwise, and he rarely will attempt to overtake someone. How many times have we seen him content to just sit behind MS, because he's too scared he'll crash and take both of them out. The last thing he wants is to upset big bro again, like he did in Nurburgring 1997/1998, when he made an ambitious move at 1st corner of opening lap, and took out half the grid (including MS, in a Championship attempt). Apparently, there was lots of German swearing coming from the motorhome, with MS livid at his little bro.

Laters,

Montana_UK
Date: February 24, 2006 02:42PM
Posted by: tripleM
"he would have never got to f1 when he did."

He would have eventually.My memory is failing me a bit here but he had very good showings in Monaco(pole?fumbled start?-help me on this one) and Macau in the mid 90's in F3.Plus he performed a lot better in Formula Nippon than the drivers who supposedly got to F1 on "merit".

Date: February 24, 2006 02:55PM
Posted by: marcl
am not saying RS would not have got into f1, he would have done maybe a year after he did.

There have been some very good showings but only when he is required to drive fast and not pass anyone i.e imola his 1st win, canada when he beat ms. But there have also been some really bad errors due to clumsyness i.e germany 2004.

I still think his best ever drive was the Europenan gp 1998 only a flat tyre stopped him winning.

I dont think he could put a whole year together and win the championship he would be able to win the odd race though.
Date: February 24, 2006 03:06PM
Posted by: Muks_C
Toyota wanted a big name, so got Ralf.

they hoped to impress everyone by advertising they have a "Schumacher" in their car, and hoped to fool them into thinking he is as good as bis brother, which is clearly not the case.

i think he may have got into F1 on merit eventually, but i don't think his "talent" deserves the money he gets, or has got over the years.

2nd placed in wages, yet only mid-field in terms of talent, and accident-prone as a bonus.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy