Proof that Michelin tires "cheat"

Posted by SkAiFeY 
Re: Proof that Michelin tires
Date: September 10, 2003 07:29PM
Posted by: Xero
Totally right Ellis! The philosophies the two manufacturers have behind tyre construcion are as far apart as could be! The sidewalls of the Michelins have been constructed to allow this to happen. Bridgestones obviously don't!

IMO, Ferrari are always looking to change rules in their favour! If opposition make technological advances that they can't compete with, they whine to the FIA until it's made illegal! Remember in 1998 (I think!? maybe 1999?) Ferrari got McLarens clutch/gearbox system banned because McLaren had a massive advantage over them! Ferrari are going to land in serious trouble if they keep doing things like this! Other teams may protest against them and get them thrown out of F1! It's unlikely, but a possibility!

Post Edited (09-11-03 02:31)
Re: Proof that Michelin tires "cheat"
Date: September 13, 2003 03:49AM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
"Ferrari got McLarens clutch/gearbox system banned because McLaren had a massive advantage over them!"

wow really i never knew about that! sounds.. that soudns bad ay.. did this really happen?

"Other teams may protest against them and get them thrown out of F1! It's unlikely, but a possibility!"

don't bullcrap :)

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC & GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Date: September 13, 2003 11:05PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Michelin went against regulations, so it's cheating and they should be punished for it. BUT, FIA never looked at that before....

Date: September 14, 2003 03:53AM
Posted by: Kimi Räikkönen
If Ferrari had won the Hungarian GP, they wouldn't have said anything...

Sorry guys, my forum is down. :(
Date: September 14, 2003 09:20AM
Posted by: Ellis
wow really i never knew about that! sounds.. that soudns bad ay.. did this really happen?

Yes. And McLarens 3rd pedal was also banned in 1998, depsite being perfectly legal

I think the FIA were a little upset of the idea of McLaren dominating the entire season and allowing DC to fight Mika with vastly superior cars

Of course, recently they have had no problem with ferrari blowing everyone away, and Rubnes not being allowed to even think of winning

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: September 14, 2003 09:28AM
Posted by: Todays_Horse
But rubens did win. DC didnt fight Mika all season long, MS did.

'The beak of Ayrton Senna's chicken is pulling ahead!' ~ Murray Walker
Date: September 14, 2003 10:06AM
MS wudnt have had a chance if the McLaren had been allowed, as the rules said it shud. Only did a rule change and banning McLarens advantage ever get Michael near him

rubens won becasue Ferrari couldnt move him over. They done it in Austria and got the helled boo'd out of them, even by ferrari fans. even Todt is ot so stupid to do it again. If he thought he cud have gotten away with it, u think rubens wud have been allowed to win those races?

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: September 14, 2003 10:09AM
Yes

Date: September 14, 2003 10:17AM
lol, they done it once, and the only thing that stopped them doing it again was the getting boo'd They dont care about Rubens, they care about how many points Michael can get and if the easiest way

Date: September 14, 2003 10:20AM
So it seems pointless that ferrari even bother running two cars by that statement

Date: September 14, 2003 10:21AM
Posted by: Oleg
Quit muddying up the waters.Michelin's faster tyres didn't help them today.But let the battle resume at Indy.

P.S.I paid a tribe of local indians to do the rain-dance there.

Everything in the past is better than today.It's true,I read it on the internet.
Date: September 14, 2003 10:23AM

So it seems pointless that ferrari even bother running two cars by that statement

Course not! they need two cars! Its too blatent to get Ferrari pwoered Saubers to move over :p

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy