Proof that Michelin tires "cheat"

Posted by SkAiFeY 
Re: Proof that Michelin tires "cheat"
Date: September 09, 2003 09:05AM
Posted by: Ellis
It that makes you sound as bad as them. (not ment in a harsh way!!!)

That comment was intended to casue offense to the rational Schumahcer fan. Just this board seems to ahve 1 or 2 fans (you know who u r), who seem to think Micahel can do no wrong. 1994 never happened, and in 97 Jacques hit Michael. Michael has never driven anoybody off the road, enver been DQ and never been thrown out of the championship

Its pathetic.

Heres the reason why ferrari arent as good: Bridgstone screwed up by taking on one team

Michlin have 3 top teams doing tyre testing, and through choice, bridgestone have 1. There fault, nobody eles's

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: September 09, 2003 09:05AM
Posted by: Zcott
This picture just reflects each tyre company's policy on racing. Michelin like to maximum the contact patch of the tyre for more grip, and Bridgestone prefer a narrower tyre for better balance and better aerodynamics.

Date: September 09, 2003 09:10AM
Posted by: rayg
Ellis, Now you talking sense again m8 ;)

I bet Bridgestone are wishing that Mclaren stayed now and not just picking Ferrari!

Its Like Martin Brundell said "when Michelin do well theres 6 cars takeing away point from Ferrari, when Bridgestone do well theres only 2 cars takeing points away from the rest!"
Date: September 09, 2003 09:21AM
yes ragy, thats the point i have been trying to make, but some blind fans refuse to accept it!

3 teams is always going to be better than 1, simply cos of the ammount of miles u cud do with 3!

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: September 09, 2003 09:30AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
I have to say Skaify i havent seen u around here for ages! i mean u used to be a regular poster back in the days when we all played LFS!

Re: Proof that Michelin tires
Date: September 09, 2003 10:24AM
Posted by: DEF
These tyres are the same ones that loses on some races.... but like Pierre Dupasquierre says they aren´t good loosers and they want to win with political things all that they don´t be able in the track..

Please Schumacher some day you got to win without team, team mate , dirty manouvers and political.

Post Edited (09-09-03 17:27)

When the others says you are the best, the worse error is to start to believe it. - Juan Manuel Fangio
Date: September 09, 2003 10:31AM
Dude, they arent good losers. They arent even good winners!

Date: September 09, 2003 10:35AM
Posted by: marcl
lolol ellis
Date: September 09, 2003 10:53AM
Posted by: DEF
Please guys check the rules the deform is in the rear wheels on the photo ( doesn´t mind ).......the problem is in the front wheels so see the right front wheel comparing williams and ferrari has the same deformation
see it!!!!!!!!!!!
PS Rear wheel is more freely for the FIA rules.

When the others says you are the best, the worse error is to start to believe it. - Juan Manuel Fangio
Date: September 09, 2003 11:12AM
Posted by: marcl
If u look at the 2 pics above the front tyres dont look any different, infact the rear bridgestones look like they have a bigger side wall and more road contact
Date: September 09, 2003 11:30AM
Posted by: Pooky
dumass, really? is it really under stress??

i didnt know that.

Date: September 09, 2003 11:32AM
erm, powerhorse, be pointed out that your wrong. Cos it mvoes its under suspect? Bull. Theres no rule about the tyre deforming under load, its free to do that. The problem is the contact patch, not how much the tyre itself deforms.

Date: September 09, 2003 11:41AM
ellis, i said it looks suspect, i did not say which part tho!!!!!!

the part i think looks suspect is how you can see the left rear wheel outer writing or wheel trim

look at the bridgestone, from the angle the photo is taken and quite rightly, you cant see the spokes or wheel, you can just see the tyre

but on the williams, for some reason you can see to the left of the LH rear wheel, you can see the rim or michelin writing

looks suspect thats all.

doesnt mean i think michelin is suspect, i mean the photo looks maybe edited

Date: September 09, 2003 11:59AM
Posted by: Zcott
There's nothing suspect about that. Michelin's approach to F1 is that the contact patch is everything, and their sidewalls are specifically made to deform like that when the car goes around a corner in order to use some of the sidewall as the contact patch, which maximises the amount of grip available by the tyre.

Date: September 09, 2003 12:03PM
Not edited, just the michelin tyre walls have more give in them than the Bridgestone ones

Even if it was edited, which prat spent ages editing it, and then relaising "opps, doesnt matter what i do to this image, it wont show the tyres are illegal since they can move if they want"

Date: September 09, 2003 12:07PM
that photo is inconclusive anyway because the cars are not on the same part of the track

the ferrari is further onto the curb

Date: September 09, 2003 12:30PM
Posted by: Imran
Ferarri and bridgestone are complaining that the front tyres are too wide,there is nothing wrong with the rears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: September 10, 2003 03:17AM
Posted by: chrislewis
270 mm BEFORE the race.

There was NO mentioning of IN the race and AFTER it. Only when Bridgestone complained about it, the FIA changed the rule AFTER Hungary. Since there hasn't been a race since Hungary, how can you say Michelin cheat?

Taken from [www.grandprix.com]

It has been argued many times that the Formula 1 regulations are loosely worded but when one considers the three different sets of rules (the FIA International Sporting Code, the FIA Formula 1 Sporting Regulations and the FIA Formula 1 Technical Regulations) they form a fairly bullet-proof set of rules.

Michelin and the teams involved are currently arguing that Article 77c of the FIA Sporting Regulations which states that "the tread width of the front tires must not exceed 270mm" suggests that this is only applied when the tires are new.

Unfortunately this argument is defeated by an article in the Formula 1 Technical Regulations (Article 2.4) which states that automobiles "must comply with these regulations in their entirety at all times during an event". The tires are included in the definition of the word automobile.

Furthermore, Article 2.4 goes on to state that "should a competitor feel that any aspect of these regulations is unclear, clarification may be sought from the FIA Formula 1 Technical Department" which, in effect, means that if there is any doubt over the rules the FIA should have been made aware of it.

It would seem therefore that the current arguments over tires are fairly clear-cut and the teams involved must now decide what to do when they go to the Italian Grand Prix at Monza.

If this has been argued before than please disregard it. Otherwise this article makes a good point.

Date: September 10, 2003 03:27AM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
hehehe

"How can they cheat? Up to Hungary the rule clearly said 270 mm BEFORE the race."

I KNOW, i jsut think it interesting.. those pics.. and they are at the exact same corner of the track.. looks like the williams is going quicker, as the ferrari tires aren't deforming at all.

"There's nothing suspect about that. Michelin's approach to F1 is that the contact patch is everything, and their sidewalls are specifically made to deform like that when the car goes around a corner in order to use some of the sidewall as the contact patch, which maximises the amount of grip available by the tyre."

i knew the photos were usefull in some way.. it shows exactly that.. even tho it may not be accurate.

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC & GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Date: September 10, 2003 06:59AM
erm, it shows nothing at all except that Michelin build less rigid tyres than Bridgestone

as the ferrari tires aren't deforming at all.

Actaully they are deforming slightly, but just not to the extend of the Michelins

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy