I just watched official review 1994 for the first time.......

Posted by Pooky 
I just watched official review 1994 for the first time.......
Date: September 09, 2003 04:44AM
Posted by: Pooky
and anyone that says schumacher was or is unsporting hasnt got a clue

schumacher dedicated that championship to senna, and he was very sporting about it.

i have never really believed schumacher was this arrogant, self-assured, ruthless unsporting driver.

and this confirms my view that he is a sporting man.

He also cried at monza a few years ago when he equaled sennas number of wins.
so how long will he put up with the 'arrogant, self-assured, ruthless unsporting ' ferrari management?

____
Tony

I'm not going to accuse Schumacher of being those things (don't want to get into that) but saying he isn't just becuase he says he dedicates his championship to Senna is stupid, he's always been obsessed with his public image so he's bound to say that and anyone would had won the championship that year would have done exactly the same. Actions speak louder than words

yes, but you should have seen him

he was affected by it, close to tears, and those were his true emotions.

its not just his dedication to senna tho, it all little things like patting hill on the head after he won, and praising other drivers etc.

Powerhorse, it was an act. Just like Austria 2002 when he pretended he didnt want the win

Not unsporting? Passing Hill on the parade lap was defiantly sensible and sporting? Driving into Villenuve was of course brilliantly thought out and sporting?

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Every now and again MS does things that i think i may have got him wrong then he goes and does some thing or says some thing stupid and it gets rid of all the good he done to make me think he was ok.

As Else said them things plus brazil 1992 France 1992 the way he drove in 1993 and they way he and his team cheated in 1994.

I was actualy upset that he dedicated 1994 to senna, senna would never have wanted to win in an illegal car getting banned for races waving to the crowd when a driver crashed.
to be honnest i agree with matt, plus most of us have seen it powerhorse, most of us watched the season, and that says anymore than any season review, which if you watch seasons you have actually seen, you will find out they are good for seeing what happend in races but not much else, they dont tell the full story, i mean a murder isnt concidered not to be a murderer just because he feels compation, and sees the errors of his ways and it doesnt mean he is not a murderer, and its the same kind of analogy here, just because schumacher dedicates it to senna doesnt mean he is sporting and didnt collide with hill or partake in the afformentioned incidents, thats such i nieve view, of life, the world, and this incident, also theres a hell of a lot of ppl here who watched it, and watched it live, saying they dont have a clue, and there opinion is invalide, is a bit harsh concidering youve only just watched the review for the first time....

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Did you notice that after Senna's crash all of the drivers retired to the pits except for Michael Schumacher, who immediately drove to and parked his car in pole position on the grid (Senna's position)?

You should also have a look at the earlier F1 review videos where Schumacher complains most bitterly about Senna's tactics several times while never having very kind words for him.

It's amazing how with the passage of time he became so close to someone whose teammate he never was and rather was not a very friendly rival of.
yeah.. he has done a few stupid things hasn't he

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC & GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
On the day after Imola '94, when I was still quite shocked by Senna's death I opened the newspaper and what did I see? Not a picture of a sad and depressed Schumacher, but a very happy man who jumped on one of his mechanics celebrating his victory.
Dedicating his WDC to Senna means nothing. I can say I dedicate my next win in GP3 to Senna, what's the differnece? It's not like he gets anything from it, the history books will always show Michael Schmuacher as champion for '94 and they will never Say: World Champion 1994 - Ayrton Senna; dedicated by Michael Schumacher
So it's not really that big a deal if he dedicates the championship to Senna.
But I must agree, in the early days Schumacher was quite likeable. Tough, not necessairly fair but more... "human" than now.
I think when he moved to Ferrari and became the richest athlete (generally speaking) in the world he lost it.

''Madness in great ones must not unwacht'd go.''
Hamlet, Act II, Sc. I
"Did you notice that after Senna's crash all of the drivers retired to the pits except for Michael Schumacher, who immediately drove to and parked his car in pole position on the grid (Senna's position)?"

u are joking? :|

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
I have the '94 review on order and should receive it later this week. '94 was the first time in my life I knew F1 existed, and the unfortunate thing that brought it to my attention was Senna's death.
i must say i think the crap ppl say about imola 94 and what schumacher did, is a bit far fetched, and not really fair on schumacher himself

u are joking? :|

Unfortuantly that was true

Andy, apart from what Jackie mentioned, Micahel had nothing to do with the Senna crash.

Senna crashed for whatever reason. We cud argue all day and all night about that, but Michael had nothing to do with it

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
No matter how sporting he is, we can't excuse his team for producing one of the most illegal F1 cars ever created. Also, I don't see how anyone can justify Michael rushing ahead of Damon Hill at Silverstone and then ignoring the black flag he received for that.

And then have the guts to take out Hill in Adelaide!

Dedicating the championship to Senna was the only thing he could do, to be honest.

about MS taking the grid after sennas crash and everyone else pitting,

no-one knew that senna was dead then!

so when schumacher drove to the grid all he knew was that senna had had a crash and was out of the race

ok, his antics at the start were dodgy, but thats just schumacher playing phycological games with damon, and that 2 race ban was harsh!

It was the same as mansell in 1992 he slagged senna off at the end of 1992 for monaco then in the senna life story prog he prasied that bit of driving.
Senna crashed for whatever reason. We cud argue all day and all night about that, but Michael had nothing to do with it

never said he did, i was just saying what people say about it is bullshit, powerhorse is right on that one, he didnt know senna was dead, although, it was pretty obvious it was very very very very serious, i dont know why ppl hold that against schumacher

lol, u dont park ur car on pole. Everyone else went back to the pits, what gives him the right to decide hes going up to pole position?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy