yellow ferrari perhaps?

Posted by Fincent 
yellow ferrari perhaps?
Date: February 23, 2006 12:34AM
Posted by: Fincent
An interesting thought has just come to me. I was reading the new F1 Racing mag before and i saw a piccie of an old mclaren in an alternative livery (1987 i think i was or something) and instead of having the marlboro red it had the marlboro light's yellow! lol, this took me back at first and then i thought about the modern day. what if ferrari (for a one off) painted their car yellow? i mean its entirely possible...ferrari pit crews always used to wear the bright yellow jackets, the badge is yellow and ferrari sell alot of yellow road cars.

do you think this could actually happen? it'd definitely be interesting if it did, lol.
-Fincent

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Re: yellow ferrari perhaps?
Date: February 23, 2006 01:10AM
Posted by: Muks_C

Ferrari's original house colour was yellow, so it would be sensible for them to change from Rosso Corsa.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: February 23, 2006 02:20AM
Posted by: 97kirkc
don't you mean Day glo orange? plz, the last "proper ferrari red" we had was 1996.

Also Ferrari have run in a yellow before iirc and they have certainly run in blue and white in a one off GP in the 1960s.

Date: February 23, 2006 02:24AM
Posted by: LS.
For me the proper Ferrari red colour were these, also you can compare the difference in red between the new order and the old guard

[www.grandprixgames.org]

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: February 23, 2006 07:01AM
Posted by: Slash
Well, the first time i saw a yellow enzo, it looked so much amazing than the red one, an a red enzo is a red enzo........., i would like to see a yellow f-1 ferrari, i don't think it would be that bad..., it wouldn't nbe the same "jordan yellow", would it?

cheers
Date: February 23, 2006 09:52AM
Posted by: Battousai
The "yellow" McLaren was associated with the Marlboro Lights cigarettes. It was not yellow, but gold and, if I'm not wrong, the pilot was Keke Rosberg in the Portugal GP of 1986.
Ferrari yellow painted F.1 were the ones run by Ecurie Ecosse and used usually by Belgian pilots. The blue and white ones where run by NART because officially Ferrari deserted the last two races of the 1964 WC because the 250 GTO model was not omologated by the Federation.

Battousai
Date: February 23, 2006 10:09AM
Posted by: bratwurst boy
it was yellow, and not gold

Date: February 23, 2006 10:23AM
Posted by: Battousai
believe me... live footage I have looks like everything but yellow... and I remember an interview where it was called gold.

Battousai
Date: February 23, 2006 12:25PM
Posted by: mikef1
It was yellow, it was supposed to match the colour of the local Malboro fag packets.
Date: February 23, 2006 12:54PM
Posted by: Brianf666
A very long time ago, even by my standards, there was colour coding for racing cars in international events. France had Blue, Britain had Dark Green and Italy had Red. That is one of the reasons Ferrari have tended to stay loyal to the national pride of the Tifosi. Does anyone know what other country's colours were?
Date: February 23, 2006 01:14PM
Posted by: bratwurst boy
iirc germany had silver... or grey. i'm not sure though, could be wrong ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2006 01:14PM by bratwurst boy.
Date: February 23, 2006 01:51PM
Posted by: Muks_C
silver, hence the "Silver Arrows" (Mercedes).

and "British Racing Green".

there was a section about this in a Top Gear episode a few months ago, where Richard Hammond explained it.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: February 23, 2006 04:47PM
Posted by: Stan
the blue and yellow ferrari was a private enterd car for fangio so it had a diff livery

Date: February 26, 2006 10:57PM
Posted by: Red Sam
you are right Muks - didnt Ireland host a race on behalf of the UK, and in return, Britain raced in Green.

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: February 27, 2006 11:38AM
Posted by: montana_uk
Red Sam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> you are right Muks - didnt Ireland host a race on
> behalf of the UK, and in return, Britain raced in
> Green.
>
Yep, that is exactly why, and it's stayed that way ever since. Not sure why - maybe GB won the race, and felt the colour was lucky.

Laters,

Montana_UK
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy