LOL.

Posted by chet 
Re: LOL.
Date: February 20, 2006 09:05PM
Posted by: Muks_C
well yeah, that's right too.

they dangle a large enough carrot in front of their driver in the hope that they don't go elsewhere, but the salary doesn't necessary equal the talent of the driver. i mean look at Ralf, he is reported to be 2nd only to his brother in terms of wages, but he clearly isn't even in the top 5 drivers in F1, nevermind 2nd.

but you can't diss Ralf for that, he's made a fool of Toyota and took a sh*tload of cash from them, so good luck to him and his (ex)manager.

but for MS, i doubt money is a factor anymore. i mean if someone offered him 40 mill, and ferrari responded with 45 mill, i don't think the extra 5 or 10 mill would be an influence on his decision either way.

i think he would drive for free if he felt it was a good opportunity to build a team somewhere else.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: February 20, 2006 09:18PM
Posted by: tripleM
Thing is if Toyota had a chance to hire better drivers than Ralf they would have paid them more.

Date: February 21, 2006 05:20AM
Posted by: Slash
i'm sorry but i'm a ralf fan........ he's gonna shine this year!, i hope so...

he's not as bad as people think he is.., the thing is that being a schumacher, people expect him to be more than what he is., i recognize that he's not the best or 2nd best.., but you gotta love the way he approaches a corner and breaks..., and he's quite fast..... too fast, and that's what makes him unreliable......, this year he's gonna beat trulli to prove how fast he is...

ok going back to the real subject....., i think a true reflection of what you'tre talking 'bout is jaques villeneuve.., he was one of the highest earning drivers of the field, but as soon as he got kicked out of bar... well, he got dumpled.., but that didn't happen with ralf, it did happened with coulthard, it did happened with irvine, and it did happened with trulli........., could it be that this guys (team owners) see something that we don't???., i mean they can0t get any closer, can they?., if you know what i mean!

cheers guys, take it easy
Date: February 21, 2006 09:38AM
Posted by: requenov
Well, I'm sure they can see telemetry and can compare his race pace with Jarno's and discover that he is much faster than the italian.
Date: February 21, 2006 10:16AM
Posted by: chet
Ralfs good, but not worth what TF are paying him.
No doubt he is good though. Hes just very inconsistant.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: February 21, 2006 10:17AM
Posted by: b-tone
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Muks_C Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > come on Chet, you're intelligent enough to
> see
> > B-Tone's post was pure 100% sarcasm.
> >
> >
>
> >
>
> > -------
>
>
> His usual posts in here involving JB tend to be
> against me. So i assumed it was.
> But meh.

hehe, against you? poor diddums. i tend to go for an anti-button stance rather than anti-chet ;-)

but what i says has some truth. buttons getting ridiculous money for doing nothing in 6 years. if he injured himself and never raced again he'd lose out financially.
kimi on the other hand - as shown in nurburgring and a few other times - is not worried about crashing if it means he can win.
perhaps thats the big difference between those that will win at any cost, and drivers like button.

____
Tony

Date: February 21, 2006 10:38AM
After Monaco 03 im sure Button isnt afraid of crashing.

A crash like that can only do a driver good.

Knowing the limits of the car, knowing the limits of himself etc.

Since then i think JB has come on massivley. :)

Only reason hes getting the amount he is, is because only they know how good he is. Nothing in 6years, its not about what he's done, its about what he's going to do ;-)

Date: February 21, 2006 12:10PM
Posted by: b-tone
a big risk though.
it will also cost honda a fair bit if he was to suddenly finish racing. so either they know he's worth it, or they just like paying thier drivers rediculous amounts. hmm, jacques was well payed for doing nothing wasn't he?

A crash like that can only do a driver good.

not only. it can also do him bad. theres a lot of drivers who lost the edge after a big crash. mika said that suspension failure took his confidence and he didn't do anything after that.
for button to walk away from the monaco crash he'd either be thinking 'im invincible' or 'i got lucky. that time'

____
Tony

Date: February 21, 2006 02:08PM
Posted by: marcl
rs is good when the car is perfect and the track is clear and there are no cars near him and he does not need to defend or pass anyone.

He is a fast driver just not a good racer.

Patrick head said the monza crash affected rs big time.

Also piquet was never the same after his imola crash.

JV loved his big crash in spa.

Karl W was not the same after his crash.

And i think if ms had a bad crash now like silverstone 1999 he would quit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2006 02:28PM by marcl.
Date: February 21, 2006 05:03PM
Posted by: Stan

chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> After Monaco 03 im sure Button isnt afraid of
> crashing.
>
lol...
wasnt it 04?
also, how much was that due to Trulli actualy slowing down and controled Jb then the other way round?
also a crash is never good for a driver, ask Wurz..

Date: February 21, 2006 05:15PM
no, JB crashed in practise for Monaco in '03.

in '04 Trulli won the race, with JB right behind him for the last 10 or 15 laps.

Date: February 21, 2006 05:54PM
Posted by: marcl
trulli said he slowed down and controlled the race.

As we saw in 1992 with senna mansell even a faster car can not pass without an error
Date: February 22, 2006 03:27PM
Stan just got confused in what i meant.
muks got it right.

its a shame he crashed aswell. he could have done well :P, but nope, he stuck it in the barrier, well ermm 3 ;)

Date: February 22, 2006 03:30PM
it was a big shunt, sideways into the big barrier, impact right at the sidepod, as shown by the red target in your sigpic.

Date: February 22, 2006 03:34PM
Lol.
These cars are quite amazing!
Its amazing to think that the F1 cockpit is probably more safer than the Pitcrew lol.

Either way Satos loose ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy