Montoya in serious talks with Renault

Posted by calimbo 
Montoya in serious talks with Renault
Date: February 09, 2006 10:07PM
Posted by: calimbo
This is the last from spanish website Marca. Julian Jacoby, Montoya's succesful manager is already in talks with Renault, not with Flavio Briatore, about a long-term contract at the blue and yellow team. That's one of the conditions. The other one, is that he has a great salary and have a sort of number one status on the team.

Another thing is Telefonica, spanish brand that sponsors Renault, is pushing the team to have Montoya driving one of their cars, since they cannot go with Alonso to McLaren (Vodafone-clash).

I don't like too much the idea of him going to Renault, since as it has been said today, the team could dissapear whenever Renault's president wants.

And this is serious, cause Montoya's gossips are known for being out to the light almost inmediatelly, remember going from Cart to Williams, Williams to McLaren?

Re: Montoya in serious talks with Renault
Date: February 09, 2006 10:09PM
Posted by: marcl
well know one knows whats going on at renault or mclaren for that matter.
Date: February 09, 2006 10:12PM
Posted by: vesuvius
I think Renault wouldnt be so bad place to go even if their future in F1 isnt so sure ,they will be there in 2007 anyway.
Date: February 09, 2006 10:28PM
Posted by: Lemming
how much longer is montoya gonna be in f1 for tho? i bet he'll just get fed up soon.

Date: February 09, 2006 10:55PM
I don't think so, you're just saying that because of the bad season he just had

Date: February 10, 2006 12:31AM
Posted by: Muks_C
remember, JPM was with Williams before he went to CART. Frank sent him there to gain experience then come back to F1 when he was ready.

i can't really see him in a Renault.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: February 10, 2006 03:54AM
Posted by: Sil3nt-War
JPM is over rated. Hes had his chance.
Date: February 10, 2006 04:01AM
Posted by: 97kirkc
Sil3nt-War Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> JPM is over rated. Hes had his chance.

erm, yeah.

Date: February 10, 2006 04:13AM
Posted by: RonnyF1
what chance, are you serious? raikkonen have been in F1 for the same time as jpm and hasent won a championship. Over-rated how? a good case of OVER-RATED is Jenson Button.

Montoya had a bad year (last half was decent though). He did quite good at williams challenging the championship in 2003 with a not-so challenging car. He might not be the best option for renault (i would pick raikkonen), but hes a very good choice for any team.
Date: February 10, 2006 04:31AM
Yes, I don't get some people, who said in 2003, that Juan Pablo was a great driver, he's fighting for the championship, bla bla. And now, he's the bad guy in this movie. if you're going to say something, you better don't regret it later. I mean, some of you are judging him for what he did last year, but he was on a transittion year!!!! with a car that wasn't made exactly for him. Withmarsh even said to colombian radio, Montoya made a great effort, to make the car work the way he wanned.

I don't say, he's Raikkonen, because for sure he's shown better skills, but Montoya showed to in the past, that he could beat his teammates, he can make a team work around him, and if there's no chance to win races, just keep on working.

Date: February 10, 2006 04:44AM
Posted by: RonnyF1
totally agree calimbo.
Date: February 10, 2006 10:41PM
Posted by: Slash
and i taught drivers that built teams around em' where hated!.... shumi?
Date: February 10, 2006 10:49PM
Posted by: sega
calimbo Escrito:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> I don't like too much the idea of him going to
> Renault, since as it has been said today, the team
> could dissapear whenever Renault's president
> wants.
>

well, that could happen in any manufacturer team, not just renault

Saludos desde Colombia.
Date: February 11, 2006 01:11AM
Posted by: Alex@[GP]
i'm suprised McLaren dont want to keep him on tbh, Raikonnens pretty much going to Ferrari..

[www.evoracingteam.co.uk]
Date: February 11, 2006 02:48AM
mclaren feel the jpm cost them the constructors last year with his errors and i think the shoulder thing as well.

they dont seem to accept the fact that the engine failures cost more points than jpm did, and the mess up in canada also cost them a 1-2, they just look at germany, turkey, spa and japan
Date: February 11, 2006 03:17AM
Posted by: 97kirkc
I still don't see Raikkonen going to Ferrari and with JPM in talks with other teams this pretty much gives us more than a clue.

Date: February 11, 2006 01:55PM
pedro is also in talks with renualt
Date: February 12, 2006 10:27PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
Yes and Yooung is in talks with Williams :P

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy