Super Aguri F1 Ltd OFFICIAL website

Posted by Peat 
Re: Super Aguri F1 Ltd OFFICIAL website
Date: February 14, 2006 05:26PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Autosport Wrote:
The Super Aguri Formula One team moved a step closer to being ready for the season-opening race when they completed the first shakedown of their car, autosport.com can reveal.

The Honda-powered squad turned up at the Kemble airfield in Gloucestershire, England, with two trucks, one containing the car and a second one with Honda F1 Racing livery.

Japanese driver Takuma Sato, who is the man expected to land one of the racing seats in the team, was in charge of testing the SA05 machine, which is based on the 2002 Arrows bought from former Minardi owner Paul Stoddart.

The car, without livery, was first fired up around lunch time and then again later in the afternoon, completing two runs.

Sato is expected to be confirmed as a Super Aguri driver soon.

Super Aguri will begin their first proper test at Barcelona in Spain on February 21-23 and will then carry out a further shakedown at Silverstone on February 28.

The team plan to start the season with the SA05, but they are hoping to launch their new Honda-powered SA06 for the European season.

They face a race against time after the FIA finally confirmed their entry had been accepted last month.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: February 14, 2006 05:52PM
Posted by: lobo288
hahahahaha, i guess nobody here can see the hidden button in aguri website ;)

Date: February 14, 2006 06:13PM
Posted by: Yulcsa
why? where is that button?

Date: February 14, 2006 06:27PM
Posted by: kizz360
looks like they really modified that a23, i mean the white paint must have taken ages for them to design

Date: February 14, 2006 07:25PM
Posted by: marcl
if they are miles off the pace i really dont think they should be allowed to race it will be a danger to the other teams, have these cars even passed the crash test.

Date: February 14, 2006 07:26PM
Who says its modified? The main points would be rear wing endplate, front wing height, and engine cover size. Those are the 3 main aero mods since the Arrows ran. That car in the photo is just a stock Arrows A23. There is no aerodynamic changes to it and it isnt currently legal.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: February 14, 2006 08:35PM

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: February 14, 2006 08:39PM
Posted by: ralphi
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Who says its modified? The main points would be
> rear wing endplate, front wing height, and engine
> cover size. Those are the 3 main aero mods since
> the Arrows ran. That car in the photo is just a
> stock Arrows A23. There is no aerodynamic changes
> to it and it isnt currently legal.

perhaps they just wanted to test the engine in th car... see how it's cooled down and what not, maybe they have a modified aeropackage but they just didn't use it?! having said that... they probably don't..

Date: February 14, 2006 08:44PM
Well they did say we wouldnt be able to recognise the car because its been modified so much. So far it seems they have spent the last few months painting it white.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: February 14, 2006 08:48PM
Posted by: ralphi
well you know, getting the right type of white can be very tricky, and as you can see from the pic's they managed to get the right type of white ;)

Date: February 14, 2006 09:57PM
Posted by: sega
looking at those pictures is clear that front and rear wing (among other things) of that white car aren't legal for 2006

Saludos desde Colombia.
Date: February 14, 2006 10:35PM
Posted by: Karan19
uhmm how bout the diffuser? It may not be the biggest aero change visually but certainly its one of the main ones performance wise.
Date: February 14, 2006 10:45PM
Posted by: Sauber89
i doubt they're going to get to the grid it's unmodified i mean why shake it down they know how quickly the a23 was round tracks waste of money imo

Date: February 14, 2006 10:57PM
Posted by: Forgotten
Maybe because the car has been stopped for years ? ;)
Date: February 14, 2006 11:07PM
Posted by: Alvin Meister
Yep, they must have been seeing whether they needed a new battery, or could jump start the old one.

Good job it didn't rain or else the emulsion would have started showing the orange underneath.
Date: February 15, 2006 08:40AM
Posted by: Eagle
Well, found out who's gonna be driving for Super Duper Aguri for 2006..

the lucky kamikaze driver is....

Yuji Ide!!

WHO??

from Wikipedia

Yuji Ide was born in Saitama, Japan on January 21st 1975. He is a racing driver and spent 2005 participating in the Formula Nippon series. He is currently said to be in the running for the second seat at the Super Aguri F1 Team, to partner fellow countryman Takuma Sato in 2006.

Now the full grid is confirmed for 2006!!

Sadly, Taki Inoue won't be appearing...unless theres Super Taki Racing in 2007 :P
Date: February 15, 2006 09:58AM
Posted by: mp4-dave
It's clear why the team ran the un-modifyed chassis, with those planes around they didn't want to risk Sato destroying the only complete set of body work they have! Either that or they didn't manage to get on the new series of pimp my ride.

I walk through walls and inanimate obstacles
By educed a reduction of cells and molecules
Date: February 15, 2006 11:55AM
Posted by: dangermouseaix
that PIMP MY RIDE idea is nice... Would be the first DRIVING Videowall in F1 ;-) ..with a swimmingpool, Bar and high end Subwoofer.
Deffinately would a Sight!!!
Date: February 15, 2006 12:52PM
Posted by: lobo288
why are all of you saying that this car is completly unmodified.

i look at it and i can found anything old.

maybe it´s because i don´t take them like a joke??

come on, stop doing that and take a look to this absolutly new car designed for Aguri´s boys and talk seriously, ok????!!!!

Date: February 15, 2006 04:34PM
Posted by: Muks_C
lol Lobo. i thought you were being an idiot, till i saw your pic. nice one :)

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy