Schu Hints At Racing Beyond '06

Posted by Lucasinio 
Schu Hints At Racing Beyond '06
Date: January 24, 2006 07:19PM
Posted by: Lucasinio
Michael Schumacher has hinted that he may opt to continue with Ferrari beyond 2006, despite continued speculation that the seven-time champion is considering retirement at the end of the season.

Schumacher told weekly German magazine Focus that to renew his Ferrari contract "would be the most logical thing to do. "

At 37, Schumacher is already the oldest driver on the grid and an extension could mean that he races well into his 40s.

But no-one is under the illusion that this could affect his ability to compete with his rivals, least of all him.

"Unlike soccer players F1 drivers don't have an age at which they have to retire," he said.

"With the passing of the years your reflexes slow, but that is compensated for by experience."

Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo once again reiterated at Ferrari's Mugello launch on Tuesday that it is up to Schu to decide whether to continue or not.

"I don't really need to feel anything different," Schumacher said at the launch.

"There's one thing that is in your passport and another thing that you feel in your body and your brain.

"I've seen those guys around for quite a while now, I know them pretty well - we play soccer and do things together - and I don't have a feeling that I am an old man hopelessly lost against these young guys."

itv-f1.com

Date: January 24, 2006 07:36PM
Posted by: cynic
"Unlike soccer players F1 drivers don't have an age at which they have to retire," he said.

Try telling that to Rene Arnoux.;)

Re: Schu Hints At Racing Beyond '06
Date: January 24, 2006 08:01PM
Posted by: marcl
yes and now some ferrari people are staying on 2 years more
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy