Murray: Jens Is No Mansell

Posted by Lucasinio 
Murray: Jens Is No Mansell
Date: January 23, 2006 12:23AM
Posted by: Lucasinio
Formula 1 commentating legend Murray Walker says Jenson Button lacks the showman

Date: January 23, 2006 12:29AM
Posted by: LS.
none of the current drivers in F1 can give the amount of entertainment we got from "our Nige" in my opinion

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Re: Murray: Jens Is No Mansell
Date: January 23, 2006 12:36AM
Posted by: marcl
yes none of the moan as much :)

f1 aint the same anyway never has been for me without the rivaly like we had with senna, mansell, prost and piquet.

f1 then was a sport and used drivers skill

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2006 12:36AM by marcl.
Date: January 23, 2006 01:53AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
“This is a crunch year for Jenson because if he can’t beat Barrichello, it’s debatable whether he can become world champion [in the future],”

Debatable if he can do it even if he beats Rubens tbh

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: January 23, 2006 02:47AM
Posted by: LS.
what happens of the opinin of him if he does?

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: January 23, 2006 02:57AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
If he what? If he beats Rubens? Or wins the title?

If he beats Rubens, then i still dont rate him. Mainly because i dont rate Rubens and i think if Jenson doesnt beat Rubens then hes doing badly.

If he wins the title, it depends how its done. If he goes out on equal footing (or a worse car) than Alonso/Kimi/Schumacher/whoever and wins it, then fu*king top notch! Full credit! If he does a Damon Hill or JV and has the chance practicly handed to him on a plate and then still almost screws it up then he wont jump up much in my opinion of him.

Jensons a good driver. But currently hes no where near as good as Kimi, Alonso, Schumacher, or even Montoya or fisichella. The performances put in by Alonso and Kimi this year were so far ahead of everyone else. Alonsos maturity through the whole year and Kimis, well, stunning speed and display of skill on several occasions was a great example of what a champion needs to do. Jenson doesnt display that. Hes by no means a bad driver, hell no. Hes far better than Sato or Ralf or any random back of the grid driver that Midland have picked up, i just dont think hes good enough for a championship.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: January 23, 2006 03:57AM
Posted by: pedropadilha
Barrichello had the same problem here in Brazil. He was considered the heir of Senna. But even though he has won a few races he still has many critics. We had Fittipaldi, Piquet and Senna. Barrichello. He will never reach their success. Well, but he still thinks that Schumacher isn't faster than him. How does he explain such huge difference in performance? Ferrari orders? It will be interesting what they will be able to achieve this year. Barrichello will begin the last part of his career. It will be his last chance to gain the respect and recognition he thinks he deserves. He has to beat Button to do that. If Button is beaten by Barrichello he will be the next Barrichello. A very good second driver, but not good enough to be world champion.
Date: January 23, 2006 09:22AM
Posted by: chet
haha lol
of course hes not
no1 else can be.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: January 23, 2006 12:38PM
Posted by: mikef1
Jenson definately lacks Nigels toughness and bravery on the track, he was an exciting driver to watch and always gave 100%.
Date: January 23, 2006 01:25PM
Posted by: Joeku
Yea even thou Nigel moaned he was a legend , he was fearless would always go to over take .

*thinks for a moment then goes and watches Nigel Mansells grand prix victories ( doesnt not incluide adelaide 94 :) ) .. Comes back *
, Jenson will never be that good.

If he ever wins a race it will be like when panis won that race in monnaco *i cant spell it properly*

________________________________________________________________________________

Date: January 23, 2006 05:59PM
Posted by: chet
lol
wats the point in comparing the two? :\

Alonso is no Senna, nor is kimi or JPM lol

its pointless comparing completley different drivers.

Mansell lacked things JB doesnt etc..

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: January 23, 2006 06:04PM
Posted by: b-tone
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Mansell lacked things JB doesnt etc..
>

like a big fat 0 in the wins column?

____
Tony

Date: January 23, 2006 06:53PM
Posted by: Red Sam
Mansell was big and fat in other places....

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy