Date: January 15, 2006 11:35PM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
-qwerty- Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Perhaps he should have a race win by now, but you
> guys are bing silly. DC never did anythig of much
> note in the macca, rubens has been awful for
> ferari

O.k. DC and Rubens didn't do anything except win a handful of races with McLaren and Ferrari. Why don't you get back to us when Button has done the same in F1.....

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Re: Blundell: Jenson May Not Win In '06
Date: January 15, 2006 11:37PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
I alreayd know the answer to that. "Button hasnt had a good enough car". Which isnt true. He has had a car that could win races if the right driver was in it :)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: January 16, 2006 05:01AM
Posted by: Red_Bull
come on even alesi only won 1 race and he was rated highly it all depends what car your in f1 is like that. It took mika years to win a race then the following year he was world champ.

yeah, but look at the amount of times their cars broke down while they were in a position to win the race.

button has not been in that position. he has always been beaten on the track by a superior, and sometimes, inferior rival.

i dont hate button, but i wish he'd just keep his mouth shut. i know alot of his comments are taken out of context by the british press, but seriously...
Date: January 16, 2006 02:37PM
Posted by: Echo1
Muks_C Wrote:
> YAY!! A Button fanboy who can't see that he isn't
> as good as he thinks he is!!! Sad...
>

Actually I support most of the drivers (have no favourite). I know JB is as good as I think he is. Have I ever stated that he is anything other than good? No I haven't.

I know it's more than the driver that wins a race and if any part of that package fails then there is no race wins. Sometimes it's the engine, other times the chasis and other times the driver that fails. Can't blame JB for all the failers....

Going back to my none-favourite driver coment; DC has always been high on my list. Last year I was supporting NH, JT, CK, JV to do well. As for teams: Sabuber, Williams, Toyota, Red Bull, BAR and Renault.

Fanboy my arse....
Date: January 16, 2006 04:06PM
Posted by: Muks_C
Echo1 Wrote:
> Muks_C Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > YAY!! A Button fanboy who can't see that he
> isn't
> > as good as he thinks he is!!! Sad...
> >
>
> Actually I support most of the drivers (have no
> favourite). I know JB is as good as I think he
> is.
Have I ever stated that he is anything other
> than good? No I haven't.
>
> I know it's more than the driver that wins a race
> and if any part of that package fails then there
> is no race wins. Sometimes it's the engine, other
> times the chasis and other times the driver that
> fails. Can't blame JB for all the failers....
>
> Going back to my none-favourite driver coment; DC
> has always been high on my list. Last year I was
> supporting NH, JT, CK, JV to do well. As for
> teams: Sabuber, Williams, Toyota, Red Bull, BAR
> and Renault.
>
> Fanboy my arse....

do you? is he? ;)

hey, you started it by saying " YAY!! More JB bashers! Sad....." :)

I was only humouring you, don't take it so personally.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: January 16, 2006 05:19PM
Posted by: Echo1
Maybe you weren't but the likes of 'other posters' who show a clear dislike for a particular driver is sad.

About if JB does start winning races - what will the haters say then? No doubt it'll be that the chasis/engine/team have improved so much even he can win a race.

As for RB beating JB. That's plauseable as he has won races in the past and has shown he has skill (remember him in the Stewart in '99?). But that only proves that RB is bloody good. I, for one wont be writing either off compared to the others' performance.

As long as both drivers take the team closer up the field (if the car is any good) then I'll be happy.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2006 05:22PM by Echo1.
Date: January 16, 2006 06:09PM
Posted by: Sauber89
it's any excuse to have a go at button and i'm not entirely sure why he hasn't even said anythin this time. The only race i think he should have won is china 04 where he had a poor start and didnt have the pace to make a two stop beat a 3 stop. i dunno wht there is to dicuss here really

Date: January 16, 2006 08:18PM
Posted by: Muks_C
what there is to discuss is the fact that people (Blundell) are already making excuses for him not winning, without even having the first race of the season.

by writing off his chances now, if he doesn't do well, everyone can say "we knew he would struggle this year/the car was never gonna be good enough against Renault/McLaren", but if he does do well, it'll look amazing, because of the negativity in the pre-season talk.

thats the issue there is to discuss here.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: January 16, 2006 08:25PM
Posted by: tripleM
heck,Jenson isn't Lester Piggot but if a car isn't good enough for him to win,then he won't win

that's my take on Blundell's words

Date: January 16, 2006 09:29PM
Posted by: marcl
yep agree with that. i mean look even ms could not do it in last years ferrari
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy