De La Rosa: "Alonso is going to a superteam, whose waiting him with open arms"

Posted by calimbo 
Ok, since i like so much to make translations from spanish to english, here's my latest one :p

Pedro De La Rosa thinks Fernando Alonso is right in his decision to drive for McLaren in 2007, because he's going to a "superteam", "Where people is witing him with open arms". McLaren's test driver said he would love working with Alonso, but with one year in the middle, he considers "it's a slim chance".

"In one year a lot of things happen, and there's a whole season ahead. I would love to work with Fernando, because i haven't done it with a World Champion, and even less with an spanish, but chances are slim", he said, adding "...I wish neither Montoya nor Raikkonen continue with the team" in 2007, since that would give me him better chances of a seat. De La Rosa has it clear when he says today's champion is going to will have "a hard season ahead" with the defense of the title with Renault after he announced he's leaving to McLaren for 2007.

A "very politic" season

"It's going to be a hard season for Fernando, very politic, and we'll have to see what the team gives to him and how honest they can be with him, because what is sure is that he's going to give his 100%", he said. Facing what McLaren can do this season and the MP4-21, that is going to be launch on february, the catalan is "optimistic", and he trust they're going to be fighting again for both drivers and constructors championsihp. "Everything looks good, but the movement is running. The other teams have been putting a lot of effort into their V8's, and we wont have the new car untill the last week of January. We must focus on the new car, and overpass the other teams".

For De La Rosa this new season is "full of questions", for them as well as for the other teams, because of the new changes, and the world championship could be very different than last year's, dominated by Renault and McLaren. "We still have plenty of questions. Talking about the chassis is really good, as it was last year, and talking about the engine there's a lot of work ahead. Looking back at Jerez, Ferrari is ahead and it's going to be the team to beat, Honda is doing well too. Everything is going to be very even, and competitiveness will be strong. In a bad day you could be 14th"

The V8 is 10 steps backwards

What DLR is not conviced are the changes Fia introduced because, in his opinion "The V8 is 10 steps backwards". "Formula 1 should be the best. We'll suffer it, drivers and fans. Is more easy physically for the drivers too. That is bad for me because young drivers coming will have it easier. We're rolling 3 seconds slower. Is like if you say to a Marathon-man to pass every kilometer in 3:20 instead of 3:15", he said , adding that "Everything that is put obstacles for young drivers is good for me". So, DLR is facing this season "At my all, assuming my test driver role". "This year should be difficult for me, because last year there were a third car for fridays and at least i could shine".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2006 07:14PM by calimbo.
you meant the last one you'll do, or your latest one?

i agree with him, f-1 should be the best regardless of the show....., i watch em' for the speed and the technology they have in those single seaters.., if you want show go watch irl, if you want to see the best drivers controling cars that are imposible for 99% of the people in this planet to control....., watch f-1.,

FIA should change their whole staff. LOL

ps: thanks for the article!
p.s. i like your sig calimbo. montoya is my fav driver too.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Thanxs i like it too, plus i'm from Colombia, so...

we will see whether they will become super team, or something else

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB
i dont get it.

wouldnt cars that are harder to drive make better racing? (more mistakes, more passing ect.)
what worrying is that Ryan tested a toyota and then a champ car and said that the f1 car with a v8 is not longer faster and harder to drive.

F1 is in danger of not being the top form of motor sport.
thats what we must avoid at all costs. not to be too "on a throne" kind of thing but what attracted me to f1 in 1998 was not only the racing but all these engineers whizzing about with laptops and all this machinery in the garages and supercomputers and when i saw the documentary series called the limit or f1 or something like that i was shocked to see that much go into just 2 hours of racing!

I.Tz No Problem
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
i know what u mean i am not a fan of all the gizmos like tc etc and they should go.

But what f1 should not lose sight of is that it must be the fastest form of car sport and if and indycar can lap canada only a second slower thats bad. Its not happened yet but could do within the next 2 years.

Stories are renualy might be leaving at the end of 2006 even with the cost cutting stuff.

As for this superteam thing i have no idea what Pedro is going on about. Does he really think he will get the drive?

F1 can only try to be the pinnacle of single-seater motorsport. many will validly say that there are other forms of motorsport already better than F1 (WRC, Nascar etc).

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Nascar? pffft

*waits for Dave*

I.Tz No Problem
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2006 06:46PM by rapid_f1.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy