Renault´s "b4 breaking SW button"

Posted by fcarmoracing 
Re: Renault´s "b4 breaking SW button"
Date: August 30, 2003 07:44AM
Posted by: Muks_C
Yes Lanky-Lad. Did you hear Martin Brundle comment during the Hungarian GP, something like, "I'd hate the poor sod to have to change the gears himself!"
Date: August 30, 2003 02:24PM
Posted by: Pooky
at the moment i am not in awe of the drivers skill at driving the car

now, if they banned TC/LC autogears, power steering,

then i would be in total utter awe at the drivers skill

i know this because i am in the gp4 hotlap comp. and i drive with TC and with autogears

now if i turn those 2 aids off, i can still drive but i would be no where near as fast! - (unless i practice a lot without them)

Date: August 30, 2003 02:49PM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
The things is all the drivers are easily able to drive without them. :|

It's not like they're incapable of driving without them. :|

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: August 30, 2003 03:57PM
Posted by: Todays_Horse
i know this because i am in the gp4 hotlap comp. and i drive with TC and with autogears

Do you have a road car? Is it automatic or manual? If manual, do you have trouble selecting gears for the next corner? Braking, and down shifting at the same time? Its not really hard is it!

The reason its difficult in a game is because your relying on what your eyes see, nothing else. No feeling. I can turn the T/C off in my road car and i dont go spinning about all over the place. I know a F1 car is different, but in real life you have much more to judge whats going on, in a game it just cant replicate real life. How would you cope with a manual shift round monaco in a game? And a clutch on your pedals?

I know im simplifying things here, but could you step into a real F1 car and lap Spa in the times you do? Game v real life, its just not the same.

Please feel free to flame and abuse me below!

'The beak of Ayrton Senna's chicken is pulling ahead!' ~ Murray Walker
Re: Renault´s
Date: August 30, 2003 09:23PM
Posted by: fcarmoracing
The reason its difficult in a game is because your relying on what your eyes see, nothing else.

true Todays_Horse, totally agree with you!!!!

still, about that button, they were using it a lot on the race powerhorse, not only on this race, but since the start of the season I think!!!! At least, when I saw any onboard take from them on a GP , I always seem them pushing that button b4 breaking!!!!

You can download any onboard video from any race, you will see that Ranault´s drivers always use that button!!!!

Post Edited (08-31-03 04:24)

Now you CAN sponsor me, click picture and know how
Date: August 30, 2003 09:38PM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
i know this because i am in the gp4 hotlap comp.

Purely the nature of that comment made me crack up laughing. It's a game, people! I'm sure if they made a game of "driving to the shops and back" featuring a brand new manual ford festiva, there'd be issues with the car that reflect nothing into the reality of it, kinda like what todays horse said.

Date: August 31, 2003 02:13AM
I went Karting not so long ago, went around a corner and the back-end stepped out. I corrected it automaticly and hardly without thinking. I could feel exactly what the kart was doing because i was sitting in it. If I play a game, say F1C, I have to wait till i can see that I'm going a way i shouldn't before I can correct.

Is this what it's like Fabio? About the automatic thing? :)

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: August 31, 2003 02:25AM
no you doofasses,

you dont need to tell me how unrealistic it is!

i just meant the difficulty side of things would be the same. it is MORE difficult to drive with NO aids, and thus i would be more in awe of the drivers

and todays horse you wrote:

Do you have a road car? Is it automatic or manual? If manual, do you have trouble selecting gears for the next corner? Braking, and down shifting at the same time? Its not really hard is it!

hahaha!!! lol! your road car has 70bhp, NOT 900bhp, and you are not approaching a corner at 200mph

I can turn the T/C off in my road car and i dont go spinning about all over the place.

are you taking the piss??;) you got 900bhp in an F1 car!!!

no seriously tho, i know what you mean. i have driven a single seater, and you can push harder and feel the limit and correct slides etc. also i do that on the road in my Metro and in my Asda delivery van!!!

Date: August 31, 2003 02:49AM
HAHA!!! YOU WORK AT ASDA!!!! LMAO!!! ;) (j/k :P)

Date: August 31, 2003 06:49AM
Erm, my road car hasnt got 70bhp, its got 170bhp. Its not a metro either. I wasnt inferring that driving a road car is the same as driving a F1 car, but the principle is the same. My road car has a 'limit' just as a F1 car has. I know when its approaching because i can feel it. In a game you cant. even with forcefeedback. You think you can, but you cant!.. Many factors tell me whats happening in my road car apart from what my eyes are telling me.

You cant compare a game to driving a real formula one car, thats my point. You may find it hard to drive in the game without T/C and autogears, but thats down to mastering the game, not a real car.

Date: August 31, 2003 08:46PM
@Lanky:
actually in go-karts that´s what it is, you can fell the back-end is going away pretty easily.... but in a single sitter is pretty much different.... specially the ones with autoblocking diffs.... as on acceleration it´s pretty difficult to feel if you are getting wheel spinning or not....

it doesn´t make any sound (like in GP4), so you must know the limit of the car, coz it won´t tell you that it´s gonna spin!!!! but it´s really fun tough.... hehehe...

Post Edited (09-01-03 03:54)

Date: August 31, 2003 10:08PM
Posted by: Ellis
erm.. TC can be found in road cars so it mamkes sense that it is in F1

you can also have 4 wheel drive, active stability control and many many more gadgets on ur cars. Just look at the Nissan Skyline and see the ammount of computer controller stuff in that, which is probably more than any other road car.

You dont see that in F1 do you?

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: September 01, 2003 12:34AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

you can have dvd players in road cars, so by that theory lets have Fernando alonso watching "the Matrix" whilest hes racing :)

Date: September 01, 2003 02:31AM
lol korn

Date: September 01, 2003 03:07AM
@ Fabio

Really! That surprised me! :) Hats off to you if thats how you have to drive!!
I'm never gonna drive a single seater, so that's changed my whole perspective!

Date: September 01, 2003 10:08AM
yeah.... sometimes you are coming out of a harping, you think everything is fine, pushing the throttle, changing the gears up, then sundelly the back end flyies away, and you spin.... you just don´t understand why that happend....

it takes some time for you, to realize that it happened coz you where getting wheel spin, even going up the gears.... it took one day and a half for me to get used to that (my first F-Renault test was on the rain).... then I got to know the limit of the car, and could be able to know when it was going to get wheel spin, before it happens!!!! That´s how we control that.... antecipating the reactions of the car!!!!

Date: September 01, 2003 10:43AM
:D

Cool! I'll think about that the next time I play F1C

Date: September 01, 2003 10:49AM
Posted by: Ellis
Thats how i do it in Gran Turismo. turn off Traction Control, use a wheel and u know when the car is going to do whatever.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: September 01, 2003 12:39PM
Gran turismo is a far far far far far far far far better driving sim than GP4. Period. The driving model is almost perfect. You can feel the oversteer, catch it before its spat you into the barriers, drift, everything. I dont know how it does it, but its bloody good. You know where your going wrong and can instantly improve your lap times by altering your lines, braking, early or late apexing, its great. I could go on and on and on and on but i wont. You can almost feel the tyres on the track, its that good. Roll on GT4:)

Post Edited (09-01-03 19:40)

Date: September 01, 2003 01:15PM

GT4!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy