>
>
>
> Wine of the Week:
> Vecchia Cantina Vino Nobile di Montepulciano
> D.O.C.G. (2000) - Tuscany, Italy
> Vine Variety: Prugnolo Gentile
>
> I am a sort of self declared compulsive obssesive.
> My wife believes that I'm actually ill.

HE WAS SLEEPING :-O ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2006 05:11AM by madotter.
Re: Turkey
Date: January 10, 2006 02:54AM
Posted by: Hakkinenf1

but honstley guys...don't u end up wacthing the race on the big screens

-------------------------
gooooz fra ba
Date: January 10, 2006 04:57AM
[travel.wwte1.com]

i think this is one suitable hotle and its cheap
but there is something i want to undersatnd

in the bottom its written

(Prices are per room with 1 guest. Prices do not include: taxes, service fees, and extra guest charges. )

does that mean that there is more money to be paid ,or does it mean don't worry we are not gonna make u pay for taxes and bla bla bla......

gooooz fra ba
Date: January 10, 2006 05:02AM
oh .....the link is right ,but maybe u have to go there from the start to get the right page...

gooooz fra ba
Date: January 10, 2006 06:27AM
Posted by: Slash
it means they're gonna rip you off with taxes, services,... etc

go don't be stupid, it'll be the best fun you'll ever had.... and do it this year so you can see michael.. who knows, maybe he'll retire...

cheers!
Date: January 10, 2006 03:17PM
Posted by: Muks_C
yeah that means you will have to pay these extras on top of the basic price: taxes, service fees, and extra guest charges

and yes at some points you will end up watching the big screens to see what going in at other parts of the track that you cannot see by looking directly at the track.

but the excitement is the fact that you are seeing them live with your own eyes. when they fly past you, you can recognise who the driver is by looking at the car and helmet, and its feel strange in your mind to think "oh look, that was Kimi Raikkonen, he just flew past me!"

the sound of the engines, and the vibrations of the cars through the track is so harsh, you cannot get the same feeling when you watch it at home on the tv.

they are just so much louder than you can imagine, and the first time you experience it, you will be amazed.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: January 10, 2006 10:54PM
Posted by: watercolours
3 day grandstands is 57$
bus trip to istanbul and back 86$ with the best company available. you can find much cheaper companies (the price is for the current time, it can change for summertime)
the track is outside the city but city to track transport doesn't cost so much, the local government launches public transports to track.
the most important thing that'l cost much is the accomodation. i don't think you will be allowed on the track, so you have to find a place.
Date: January 11, 2006 05:16AM
thanx Watercoloures
tell now all the prices seems very very reasnoble...
i have searched for 100 of hours for hotels buses and the track location
and it all seems very good....
Istanbull here i come...

one thing!!! how am i going to keep all this excitment for 8 monthes?

gooooz fra ba
Date: January 11, 2006 10:18PM
well, i've kept it for 24 months. 8 months is nothing :)
by the way, don't bother with silver or bronze stands. because grandstands are right in front of them mostly and you will have the chance to change place in groundstands :)
Date: January 12, 2006 12:21AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Hakkinenf1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> thanx Watercoloures
> tell now all the prices seems very very
> reasnoble...
> i have searched for 100 of hours for hotels buses
> and the track location
> and it all seems very good....
> Istanbull here i come...
>
> one thing!!! how am i going to keep all this
> excitment for 8 monthes?
>
> -------------------------
> gooooz fra ba
> -------------------------
>

just don't pee your pants and jump like a girl at a Backstreet Boys concert everytime you think of it ;)
Date: January 12, 2006 04:44AM
Guimengo Wrote:
> just don't pee your pants and jump like a girl at
> a Backstreet Boys concert everytime you think of

too late......

--------------------

watercolours

well, i've kept it for 24 months. 8 months is nothing
by the way, don't bother with silver or bronze stands. because grandstands are right in front of them mostly and you will have the chance to change place in groundstands
---------------------

realy ??? is the things are that loose over there...
r u sure of that...because i don't wanna get screwed after i get there.....

gooooz fra ba
Date: January 12, 2006 03:43PM
Posted by: Sete Gibernau
if your a true f1 fan it's worth the waiting...

Remember the legends
Date: January 12, 2006 04:18PM
Posted by: dada

If you want my advise

.you MUST see the race from grand stand 7 ( silver 2 ticket ) OR Grandstand 8 (Silver 1 )

I was there , it was amazing . You can see at last years video that all the action happend there . Believe me , after the race the "gold ticket-ers" were crying . The largest staight is at SF but ... the longest flat out distance is from t10 to t12 .... See last years video .... all the party was there

Dont forget that there is ( at least last year ) a GP2 race .... GP2 has a lot of "young guns" with "no much brain " who do everything ...everywhere .
( but GP2 is not at Sunday .... is Friday and Saturday )

. you must spend 1 day at the general Admition Area just down from Grand stand 4

This giver you the opportunitty to see the legendary Turn 8 . Its a 4 apex turn where everyone ...and i mean EVERYONE has difficulties. The general Admition Area there gives you the opportunitty to also see turn 9 . A very good ( not the best as t12 ) overtaking point especially for GP2 .

Dont do the mistake and muy a ticket for Grand stand 4 .... The general Admition Area there gives you a better potition for photos and you can move from the start of the T8 to the start of the T9

its 100% sure that you cant sleep at the track , neither in the hills near the track .....

Police and army is everywhere and believe me .. THIS IS A VERY BAD IDEA ( do you know that a Turk prison is ? )

You can find a hotel .... at the Race weekend they put MiniBus from Istanbul center to the track . If you are with a Tourist Bus you gonna need 1 to 1,5 hOurs to go to the track ... but with the minibus you gonna be ther in 45 minutes .

The best you can do is to be in a group that loves F1 and go to the track at 09.00 and leave at 20.00 .... YOU CANT IMAGE WHAT A "MOTORS DAY" is

CHEARS FROM GREECE

=================================================================================

Date: January 13, 2006 04:09AM
thank u very much Dada
those are great infos that covered every thing i guess
on there offical web site,they say that if i bought a ticket now,i will get a 15% discount, maybe i will do that,
and i will take ur advise and pic Stand 7,
(where Kimi passed Fisichella in the first lap ,right??)
the site has put the prises in (YTL) what the hec is YTL
its 255,00 YTL (GS 7)
hopefully my last Quiz,are we allowed to walk the track befor or after the events?

gooooz fra ba

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2006 05:24AM by Hakkinenf1.
Date: January 13, 2006 08:38AM
Posted by: dada
at turn 12

- Kimi passed GF and FA
- MW hit MS or MS hit MW ( what ever you believe )
- Button did all the overtakings
- MW mis-brake and went off
- JPM and TM had the accident
- at GP2 had 2 major accidents and about 3-4 triples overtakings

also
- there is toilet in 20 m ( you never know )
- there is a tent for food , water ect ( but 3 burgers and 3 cokes = 35 Euros )

The YTL ( Yelt Turk Lire ) is the money the Turks use ... but be careful with the Euros Equal .... 1 Euro = 1.666 YTL ( 5/3 wow this is difficult )

so 255,00 YTL (GS 7) = 153 E which is a good price ... i paid 180 Euros last year ..... Except for the bargain price thing .... dont worrie about tickets .... they sell at the main entry .... and believe me there is NO WAY to be "sold out " ( of course i would NOT start from my country to a GP without the tickets .... but even if you pay now , the tickets will arrive to you only 10 days before the race ...this happens to avoid something that in Greece we call it "black market" )

Also

They dont allow people to walk at the track before the races ( all the weekend ) ... but they open a Door at grand stand 8 ( 100 m from grand stand 7 ) just after the race ends ...so you can celebrate with the winners at the
pontium .

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2006 09:42AM by dada.
Date: January 15, 2006 11:15AM
well, ytl is "yeni türk lirasý" which is new turkish lira.
by saying i have waited 24 months, i meant from the time istanbul gp contract has been signed.

i was at the grandstands in front of bonze 4. you can see the turn 8 there. i suggest to go there at practices or qualis. since they drive on limits on practices, you can see lots of spins there. for race, webber has spinned out there and montoya got off track there. and there's a tv just ahead.
another good place to watch the race is the groundstand prior to silver 2. speed trap is there and most overtaking maneuvers had begun on that straight.
if there is no errors turn 8 can be boring. but on that straight, if nothing else, you can see the cars at top speeds.
Date: January 16, 2006 12:49PM
those are gr8 infos guys,u have realy been a great help
todays ago i relized that the gp is the 15 on the clander...
in there is two monthes for the first race....
its a realy long time,but for me if nothing happend ,i am determned to go.

gooooz fra ba
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy