rubens???*SPOILER* if there is anyone who haven't seen the GP yet...

Posted by jginete 
He did have time to get his hands off the wheel.
but he didn't know what was hwppening so he maybe thought that he could control the car. and when did he say that it was brake failure? i bet it was immediately after the accident, before seeing the TV images.

Apperently that is not the 1st time that has happened to the ferrari, the same thing happened when they 1st tested the car.

I do not have pics but a mate in italy was telling me it happened to Luca and put him in hospital
He might not have had a brake failure, but only 2 wheels were on the ground so the brakes are half as efficient as normal, so he wasn't going to stop anyway.

Baz

Rubens on his way back to the pits said to the reporters that he thought it was a brake failure, but he then said a photographer showed him a picture of his left rear at the moment he braked, so Rubens said it could have been suspension failure, but he was not sure exactly at that moment in time.
but he didn't know what was hwppening so he maybe thought that he could control the car. and when did he say that it was brake failure? i bet it was immediately after the accident, before seeing the TV images.

If u are traveling towards the wall at an alarming speed, u arent gona control the car if it had all 4 wheels, nevermind 3.

He said he had a brake failure during the race, Martin told us that.

Seeing TV images or not, you know if ur brakes were working.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
And...
To explain what happened, Ferrari said that it was Rubens fault.
Ferrari said that Rubens was "abusing" the car when passing over the track kerbs, and so, that caused that suspension braking!

This was the most ridiculous and stupid conclusion i ever heard!
Its not a correct comment cs its a blatent PR game

If they blame the car, fans become more worried, as does the press. Taking the blame from the car and saying it was a driver error gives the fans and press more reason to stay behind the team.

Its PR words, we will probably never know the real reason

But going by the following picutres, i still say either Tramission or Transmission casing failure

Unlike a "normal" suspension failure (example Herbert Sepang 2000) the wheel fully detached itself in an "explosion" type manner and took the drive train parts with the wheel. Thats unusuall in the fact it ripped the parts out the transmission (or the transmission failed and sent the wheel flying, complete with some parts also)

Same kinda picutre here

Check this out too

What generally happens in a suspension failure is the sudden load transfering ONTO the suspension breaks a part, the car then hits the deck, bottoms out, with the opposite front wheel in the air and the back end on the ground

Here, the whole rear suspension exploded as tho the joints were all borken at the same time. They are of course bolted to the transmission, so a crack in the transmission casing that finally gave way would cause something like this

Also note this happened when load was transferring OFF the rear suspension because it was just into the braking zone. If Rubnes had changed down, that wud have put a small ammount of stress through the transmissiob, possibly more than it cud handel if it had a fault

Thats my view anyway, make up ur own mind, but i dont buy Ferraris PR story here

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
so it was rubens fault while dealing with the gears, right???

I'd say that's quite a fair analysis dave. I agree.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
So once again it's Ferraris fault. :|

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
I'm by no means an expert, but I'll try!

Looking at the way the wheel was forced sideways, I'd say something in the diff gave way, or even exploded.

Are active/electronic diffs still allowed? I think so, cos looking at the Williams wheel, there is an adjustment button or two.

apparently one of the suspension toe hooks broke away,

thus making the wheel break away from the car, and ripping out the driveshaft with it.

this seems quite possible.

Yeah I go with that too.

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
if you look closely on the final corner when jpm is close up he appears to throw some kind of grppling hook towards the from of the car.
then at the end of the straight if you watch closely he brakes very hard a few milliseconds before rubens arse fell off.

also explains the 'steel front wing' thing - it has a winch built into it.

____
Tony

so it was rubens fault while dealing with the gears, right???

Almost, but not quite.

Rubnes wud have done the normal braking. He wud have hit the brakes, and the gearbox (or him) wud have started to change down through the gears. If there was a crack or fault with the gearbox casing, the sudden downshift of the gears wud have been too much for the crack and wud have caused the failure.

I dont see how taking the load OFF the suspension entering the braking zone wud have caused it to fail.

and if it was a suspension failure, its very odd since all the points in which the suspension attached to the transmission also failed.

Herberts suspension failure in Sepang was at a much higher speed, and an even better example was Kimi at Suzuka 2001, where simply the suspension borke, the car hit the track and Kimi lost all control

Sspension failures dont send bits of suspension flying all over the place unless ALL the suspension parts fail in one go.

i dont think the gearbox casing would have cracked

as an engineer, when i worked at mclaren i had a close look at the bearboxes as i worked with neil trundle in gearbox shop.

(i worked on kimi's gearbox from the monaco race in 2002 when rubens went up the back of him!)

anyway, the casing is made of a very string alloy, i doubt this fractured or broke.

i beleive as i said that the toe link on the suspension wishbone broke, the wheel thus broke away from the car ripping out the driveshaft.

the apparent 'explosion' is only because the car was travelling at 190mph with 900hp running thru the transmission at revolutions in the double figure thousands of RPM.

If a manufacuting fault happened (which is very possible, u see the jordan rear wing), then its very likly it wud have borken

the load was transferring OFF the suspension, which gives the idea that the suspension was under less stress

the stress on the rear of the car wud have been through transmission changing down, and the link between them is that the suspension is attached to the gearbox

Theres no reason a link wud ahve borken when load was removed from it.

Theres less stress on the back of the car udner braking than at any other point on the track.

The most stress on the rear suspension is under fully accleration which uwd be something like exiting turn 1, or the chicance at the top of the track, when the weight is shifted towards the back

the apparent "suspension failure" happened when load was removed. That doesnt make sense

I understand your reasoning for the shaft being thrown sideways, but then again, i dont see how remving laod can cause a failure.

I still go with a manufacuting fault with the transmission case, coupled with the bumpy track, hi transmission stress with the gear changing, lead to the fault becomnig to big to handel, a gear was changed down, that was too much for the fault, and it gave way, throwing the suspension out, along with a space for some drive shaft components also.

tbh, both expalantions are feasible

I still believe that Rubens did fracture the suspension arms through his driving.

Whatever caused the suspension to fail completely is open to debate but i do believe that RB driving was one of the factors.

Everything in the past is better than today.It's true,I read it on the internet.
TBH, i dont think Rubens can be blamed

These drivers are paid to push the car to its limits. IF the suspension failed through rubens going over a kerb, then u gota ask about the car not being able to take it

Anyone remember DC getting hit by MS? The front suspension ripped apart, but DCs rear was eprfectly fine. Same with the MASSIVE accident later when Fisichlla destroyed his car on the back of a Minardi and the mianrdis suspensino was also fine

The Mianrdi in particular took a MASSIVE load in a direction it was not desgiend to, with an entire car going into the back of it

I find it hard to belive that going over a ekrb the wrong way caused this failure, if 5 years ago cars were able to take much bigger impacts.

Front suspension i might have have belived, but this is the rear.

Doesnt seem correct to me

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy