Re: Alonso to Mclaren for 2007!!!
Date: December 19, 2005 11:23PM
Posted by: chet
he will.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: December 19, 2005 11:39PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
No point speculating about something that could or couldn't happen just yet. Technically, there has been no movement from either side to suggest such a thing, it's actually the media's fault that this little seed has been planted, so how about we wait for even a smidgeon of evidence first?
Date: December 19, 2005 11:59PM
Posted by: chet
soo ok... u really think he will stay then?

you can easily say Mclaren cost kimi the title. and themselves.

he knows with Ferrari, they can build him a car that will finish and be quick, i mean had the tyres been good i bet the ferrari would have won again.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: December 20, 2005 12:29AM
Posted by: marcl
how does he know that.

Ferrari 1990 was great then it took them 7 years to get there again. Then from 2000 to 2004 they dominated.

Maybe 2005 was a sign of things to come who knows.

I think 2006 they will be back up there but maybe not champs as teams last year really upped their game.

and as rumored alot of people will be leaving ferrai over the next 2 years and we all saw what happened when a new guy built the 2005 car. All the testing and they still could not close the gap yep both mclaren and williams have shown they can turn a year round and win again 2003 and 2004 examples
Date: December 20, 2005 12:34AM
Posted by: Karan19
but with FA there at Mclaren, KR will never get to be a clear #1. There will always be team politics. Atleast at Ferrari,(once MS retires) KR will by far be the clear #1 (like Massa's gonna challenge him for that spot) and he'll be able to have all the team's resources behind his effort...Psychologically thats got to be a lot more positive than what he'll have at Mclaren. And especially now that Ron has gone and signed FA, it shows that he doesnt really have confidence in KR staying on with Mclaren. So when you consider that and the fact that Ferrari are going to offer KR an obscenely large amount of money what do you think he'll do? ;-)
Date: December 20, 2005 12:39AM
Posted by: zeppelin101
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> soo ok... u really think he will stay then?
>

Actually I said I wasn't speculating, so I didn't give an opinion either way :P

If he goes, it's good news for Ferrari, if he stays, then Mclaren will give their all into making a very good car, and no doubt they will hound Mclaren to make a reliable, and powerful engine

Date: December 20, 2005 12:51AM
kr has always said he dont care about this no1 stuff only one guy cares about that he wants to beat team mates fair and square just like jpm, webber, alonso etc wants to.

and being no1 did not help ms in 2005 did it. Its better being equal in the best car than no1 in the 4th best car. and i aint having a dig here so please dont take it the wrong way just a point of view.

I really think he will stay at mclaren unless he has signed already for ferrari.

ferrari do not have the money they did have and thats been said a number times in the press and losing vodafone is a blow to them and fiat can not pump money in. And when they lose ms, todt and brawn what will happen.

But on the other hand mclaren have lost newy and thats a blow.

I would hate to make the choice but i know which team i would chose and thats mclaren. Ferrari are a great team but with no tyre advantage like they had in 2002, 2004 their cars have not looked that good. 2003 was a funny year mclaren with an old car and ferrari with the best car but bad tyres and williams not getting it right. In 2005 even jordan and minardi closed the gap to them. 2000 mclaren blew that one with car break downs same in 2001

so on equal tyres ferrari will need the best car not rely on the best tyres

and as a mclaren fan i was happy with kimi there would rather him and jpm than alonso

(my Views)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2005 12:56AM by marcl.
Date: December 20, 2005 02:26AM
Posted by: LS.
marcl Wrote:
> kr has always said he dont care about this no1
> stuff only one guy cares about that he wants to
> beat team mates fair and square just like jpm,
> webber, alonso etc wants to.
>

to be fair had he been teamed up with schumacher & the current heiracy at ferrari he wouldnt have been granted equal status anyway

> and being no1 did not help ms in 2005 did it. Its
> better being equal in the best car than no1 in the
> 4th best car. and i aint having a dig here so
> please dont take it the wrong way just a point of
> view.
>

The reason MS failed in 2005 was because of the car and not his talent, that season proved without doubt he wasnt better than the car beneath him despite the myth he makes the team

> > ferrari do not have the money they did have and
> thats been said a number times in the press and
> losing vodafone is a blow to them and fiat can not
> pump money in. And when they lose ms, todt and
> brawn what will happen.
>

Ferrari still have the best resources and fiat underwrite ferraris bill every year unlike the other teams like mclaren or williams and renault

> But on the other hand mclaren have lost newy and
> thats a blow.
>

williams never folded after newey left, i think the newey myth is similar to the schmacher one, its the whole team effort rather than the indivdual.

williams form dipped for sure but it wasnt the be all and end all when newey left

> I would hate to make the choice but i know which
> team i would chose and thats mclaren. Ferrari are
> a great team but with no tyre advantage like they
> had in 2002, 2004 their cars have not looked that
> good. 2003 was a funny year mclaren with an old
> car and ferrari with the best car but bad tyres
> and williams not getting it right. In 2005 even
> jordan and minardi closed the gap to them. 2000
> mclaren blew that one with car break downs same in
> 2001
>

agreed. ferrari are disjointed now, the whole package that made them the force they were since 2000 is now in its decendecy and will struggle to capture the same form imho

> so on equal tyres ferrari will need the best car
> not rely on the best tyres
>

depends on whether bridgestone put all there eggs in one basket and plump to favour ferrari over the other teams, dont forget thats what made other teams switch to michelin which hampered ferrari later on

> and as a mclaren fan i was happy with kimi there
> would rather him and jpm than alonso
>
> (my Views)
>

that is a good point, one we will have to wait and see how it developes

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: December 20, 2005 02:29AM
Posted by: LS.
ITV-F1 commentator and former McLaren driver Martin Brundle believes that Ron Dennis has pulled off a masterstroke by signing world champion Fernando Alonso for 2007.

"I know how (McLaren team owner) Ron Dennis likes to get things out early, because it's good for the team's image, sponsorship packages and so on, but this gives them the high-ground on so many levels," he told ITV-F1.com.

"It's a massive coup."

Brundle reckons the Spaniard's defection to McLaren will also give Dennis an advantage in his team's rivalry with Renault and, significantly, in his negotiations over Kimi Raikkonen's future.

With Alonso in one McLaren, Raikkonen and Juan Pablo Montoya are left to fight over the remaining drive.

"You now have two drivers looking at one seat," said Brundle.

"Effectively the music has stopped and there is one chair up for grabs. Unless one of them has already jumped ship for '07."

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: December 20, 2005 02:46AM
Posted by: Slash
Somebody heard in a colombian radio that montoya was told to perform at the start of the first few races..... if he doesn't, he'll be seated! and supposely it was a Mclaren source that inform the radio....

I think Montoya is going back to the U.S, as far as i am concerned.....

Fsico And Jenson to ferrari

cheers!

Date: December 20, 2005 03:25AM
Posted by: Covfan
Slash Wrote:

>
>
> Fsico And Jenson to ferrari
>
>
> cheers!
>
>

Oh God, please let that happen!
Date: December 20, 2005 03:39AM
Posted by: calimbo
Slash Wrote:
> Somebody heard in a colombian radio that montoya
> was told to perform at the start of the first few
> races..... if he doesn't, he'll be seated! and
> supposely it was a Mclaren source that inform the
> radio....
>
> I think Montoya is going back to the U.S, as far
> as i am concerned.....
>
>
>
> Fsico And Jenson to ferrari
>
>
> cheers!
>
>

that doesn't even make sense!!!! Hello!!

Montoya is one of the best drivers on the grid, why he would go to the US again?

For me, i think the normal thing is that Kimi goes to Ferrari, and Montoya stays in McLaren, Kimi has been a long time now with McLaren and has lost 2 times the WDC running with the same team.

Anyway, here's what Pablo Montoya, Juan Pablo's father said:

"Alonso's move from Renault to McLaren was a rumour since some time ago now, and this is the reason: Renault is quitting or is going to sell their team, and I think that was one of the things that in some way, made Alonso look for a new destiny, adn obviously, been a World Champion, he had to look for a team like McLaren, who this season was the strongest car on the grid.

"Right now, the first option for both Kimi and Juan Pablo is McLaren, about the rest we don't know anything. The second option depends on Kimi signing with Ferrari, and we don't know anything, nor the conditions of that team with Michael Schumacher; no-one knows that. But if Raikkonen signed for Ferrari, well even better, cause the driver who stays in McLaren would be Juan Pablo."

jejejeje look what i found:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2005 03:55AM by calimbo.
Date: December 20, 2005 07:01AM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
It's simple I think , if Kimi doesn't go to Ferrari then Mclaren would take Kimi , if Kimi does then Mclaren take Juan Pablo .

Date: December 20, 2005 07:10AM
Posted by: Sil3nt-War
i just dont see why mclaren would take juan pablo. hes just gonna be another dc for the team. Will win on occasion but will always shadow his team mate.
Date: December 20, 2005 08:25AM
Posted by: b-tone
true, but why sack him effectively after one year?
i'm sure kimi has told rom he's had other offeres and if mclaren dont provide a good car in the first half dozen or so races he'll leave. he'll also be keeping an eye on those other offers to see how they perform too.

so for ron there was probably had a 50-50 chance kimi would leave, and a 75-25 chance monty would break a toe nail or something, so when offered alonso he took the risk.

No point speculating about something that could or couldn't happen just yet.

but thats why we come here :p

____
Tony

Date: December 20, 2005 08:28AM
thats what i mean LS even MS being no1 in the team with all his skill could not get the ferrari up there, so y be no1 in the 4th best car
Date: December 20, 2005 08:59AM
Posted by: Joeku
i think kimi will proablally stay at mclaren.

We could have a Senna/Prost season all over again. There was no clear number 1 there. I think they could be equal drivers

________________________________________________________________________________

Date: December 20, 2005 09:16AM
Posted by: derry
kimi to ferrari fisi gone if not a good year. schumi to bmw maybe,big maybe
Date: December 20, 2005 10:09AM
Posted by: tripleM
"ferrari do not have the money they did have"

No.

"losing vodafone is a blow to them"

No.

"fiat can not pump money in"

they never did to the extent of other manufacturers

Date: December 20, 2005 10:17AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Your posts are always a treat tripleM. You don't seem to think it necessary to ever back up what you say with any proof!

Losing Vodafone probably was a (short term) blow to ferrari. Its not a major concern for them because their brand image is so strong, so iconic. But certainly it was a blow. It wasn't a positive step!

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy