Alonso to Mclaren for 2007!!!

Posted by ajkundi 
Re: Alonso to Mclaren for 2007!!!
Date: December 19, 2005 01:17PM
Posted by: MrMan
Anyone else see the story also about Renault may be pulling out of F1 after 2007? Maybe there is some grain of truth in that story, and therefore would explain why Alonso has jumped ship.

[formula-1.updatesport.com]

Ci
Date: December 19, 2005 01:18PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
Yes , i readed that and i already thought that to

Date: December 19, 2005 01:19PM
Posted by: marcl
can not wait to see a press release from renault, think flav was leaving at the end of 2006 if i remember right.

Renault have not even track tested their v8 yet
Date: December 19, 2005 01:26PM
Posted by: Peat
i DID NOT see that coming!

Date: December 19, 2005 01:29PM
Posted by: montana_uk
Yep - Flav had said that he would run Renault for one more year, before leaving to concentrate on his driver management program, to which Alonso is his prize driver. Therefore, can anyone imagine the atmosphere in the McLaren paddock in 2007, with Ron and Flav in the same area, seeing as Ron doesn't think highly of Flavio.

As for Alonso's 2006 season ruined already, because of this news, then just remember who his manager is, and remember that he's the team boss. He's not gonna bite the hand that feeds him.

Laters,

Montana_UK
Date: December 19, 2005 01:41PM
Posted by: kaid
but isn't mclaren having 2 teams in 2007. Maybe kimi or JPM are going to that team

Date: December 19, 2005 01:52PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Kimi will leave to Ferrari if MP4-21 isn't good enough .JPM will maybe go to Red Bull and if Renault will continue in F1 in 2007 Heikki Kovalainen will take Alonso's place :)
Date: December 19, 2005 01:58PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
Date: December 19, 2005 02:01PM
Posted by: fulcoboy
I think this news also means the end of the Michael Schumacher Era :) He will stop after 2006 because there will be enough young talented drivers to take his place (i'm just thinking of Kimi :))
Date: December 19, 2005 02:11PM
Posted by: tripleM
Isn't Alonso one of those latin drivers who don't have the right mentality?

;-) ;-) ;)

Date: December 19, 2005 02:12PM
this means that if kimi will leave mclaren 2007 mclaren is no more my favourite team because I really don't like Alonso:( but Ferrari will not be my fav team either...
Date: December 19, 2005 02:13PM
iCeMaN pAuL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >
>
>
>
>
>
>

Replaye his name (that fernando alonso) to vodafone

Date: December 19, 2005 02:23PM
Posted by: Muks_C
Holy big sweaty hairy bollox!!!

I thought this was an early April Fools joke too!!

I though Flabbio had Alonso down to a 50-year watertight contract or something?

about Renault sabotaging FA now he's leaving, i doubt they will do that, cos for a start, he and Flavio have a father-son relationship, unlike Trulli and Flavio, where they never really got on that well. and Trulli's cock-up at France where Rubens passed him in the last couple of corners was the final straw.

Alonso hasn't done that sort of stupid mistake (apart from crashing out at Canada), so there isn't the animosity between them, like it was with Flavio-Trulli.

and about Renault possibly pulling out ofF1, thats been a rumour since they came back in, as they wanted to win the championships, then leave, as they would have succeeded in their goals.

and the new head-honcho of Renault isn't an F1 fan, so would like to pull them out, and now they have won their titles, its very possible they could pull out after 2007, especially if they don't win again.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: December 19, 2005 02:26PM
Posted by: Lemming
wow where did this come from??! thought it was a joke till i read it on other sites.

what does this mean for other drivers? fisi stays at renault? i read in this month's f1 racing that kovalainen was "90% certain to race" for renault in 2007, i assumed he'd be replacing fisi!

kimi to ferrari? must mean schumi's retiring, or jpm is getting dumped. i can't really see kimi at ferrari, but then i never would've thought alonso would be going to mclaren!

Date: December 19, 2005 02:32PM
it will be interesting to see Alonso in mclaren tough because his driving style is so strange compared to other drivers .
Date: December 19, 2005 02:33PM
Posted by: Lemming
yeah, altho montoya was having problems with the handling, then they changed the front of the car to help him, which really helped from silverstone onwards, they'll have to do the same for alonso...

Date: December 19, 2005 02:46PM

Date: December 19, 2005 02:47PM
HE LOOKS LIKE A MONKEY !

Date: December 19, 2005 02:55PM

Date: December 19, 2005 02:56PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
Iceman-Kimi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> HE LOOKS LIKE A MONKEY !
>
>

a space monkey

"you are not a beautiful and unique snowflake, you are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else, and we are all part of the same compost pile"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy