Fisi to Sauber

Posted by Oleg 
Fisi to Sauber
Date: August 23, 2003 08:09AM
Posted by: Oleg
Oh well,guess my prediction was wrong.:)A step forward although with a 2 year contract he may miss the boat when it comes to deciding the seats for 2005.

Expect Massa to be the second driver with the rumours of the straight swap between him and Heidfeld(which will be great for Ferrari IMO) or Nick may be dumped to Jordan should Mercedes honour their commitments.

Everything in the past is better than today.It's true,I read it on the internet.
Re: Fisi to Sauber
Date: August 23, 2003 08:49AM
Posted by: marcl
I think its a bad move unless he knows things that we do not
Date: August 23, 2003 09:25AM
Posted by: stevewaller
I think its a bad move unless he knows things that we do not

how can it be any worse than staying with jordan, they are rubbish and in my mind it is a slight step up for him. This is fisi's best chance in getting into ferrari in a few years time and that has probably influenced his decision.

Steve ;)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jenson Button and BAR..........Watch them fly in 2004
Date: August 23, 2003 09:40AM
Posted by: chrislewis
Its strange that people now think Sauber is the path to Ferrari. It never has been and theres no new reason to be.

Post Edited (08-23-03 16:45)

Date: August 23, 2003 10:22AM
Posted by: Oleg
Its strange that people now think Sauber is the path to Ferrari. It never has been and theres no new reason to be.

Perhaps.On the other hand it would be unwise for Fisi to reject offers from Jaguar and Toyota if he were to get stuck at Sauber with no hope of a promotion.

Everything in the past is better than today.It's true,I read it on the internet.
Date: August 23, 2003 11:09AM
Posted by: Todays_Horse
According to 'the voice of formula one' on ITV today, he has the contract in his 'breifcase' ready to sign but is waiting for Justin Wilson to be kicked out of Jaguar so he can go there instead

'The beak of Ayrton Senna's chicken is pulling ahead!' ~ Murray Walker
Date: August 23, 2003 12:59PM
Posted by: Pooky
i think sauber might be a smart move.

they will have their state of the art new windtunnel running soon, so should be good. also have decent engines.

so hopefully they will produce a chassis like 2001!

problem is, i doubt they will switch to michelin tyres due to having Ferrari engines, and ferrari will want to keep sauber on bridgestone for info. / data purposes, so i think this will hinder the team

Date: August 23, 2003 02:42PM
Posted by: Zcott

Really? What about Felipe Massa, who is now testing for Ferrari? A certain M Schumacher also tested the Sauber a while ago. I guess Fisi is just taking a risk here that Sauber might prove a path to Maranello since they share some of the finer things in life, like engines and gearboxes and rear ends. If it doesn't work, Fisi could end up nowhere. Sauber just seem so.....un-Fisichella!

Date: August 23, 2003 04:57PM
Posted by: Orpheus
fisi will never get to ferrari, he is too old. he is not a young upandcoming talent anymore. in 2 years he will long b past his sell by date :S

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: August 23, 2003 05:37PM
Posted by: Fisico2k3
shitcakes, lets hope he makes it to ferrari (i wish it were mclaren, but hey)...and by then todt might decide fisi and massa are on equal terms....and nobody has to pull over for anybody...maybe i should change my name to fisico2k5?

Disclaimer - I am not trying to start an argument with anybody here, so just don't, kay?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Currently Driving: Watkins Glen Original
Current PB: 1:07.43
Using: Xbox Controller
Date: August 24, 2003 12:15AM
Massa will blow Fissi away next year and that will be the end of him
Date: August 24, 2003 02:54AM
im not sure!

its gonna be great if massa does partner fisi

2 very fast driverS!

Date: August 24, 2003 03:15AM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
"fisi will never get to ferrari, he is too old. he is not a young upandcoming talent anymore. in 2 years he will long b past his sell by date :S'

You say that, but then again Rubens wasn't very 'up-and-coming'.

Post Edited (08-24-03 10:29)

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: August 24, 2003 03:20AM
Fissi will never go to ferrari as long as MS is there cause he would beat him even Rubens is doing that at the moment
Date: August 24, 2003 04:32AM
Posted by: chrislewis
Really? What about Felipe Massa, who is now testing for Ferrari?

Massa was already under contract to Ferrari at the time so the Sauber seat didnt exactly get him the Ferrari contract.

Date: August 24, 2003 04:34AM
yes, but massa was in sauber before getting ferrari test contract

Date: August 24, 2003 04:12PM
Posted by: Orpheus
lanky lad - rubens was 28 when he went to ferrari and he was old enough. fisi will b 32 in 2005.

according to some articles, fisi will have a chance to go to ferrari if he blows his teammates away in the nxt 2 years.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: August 24, 2003 05:37PM
Posted by: Todays_Horse
Does that depend on who his teammates are? Ralph firmans not really a good yardstick is he

'The beak of Ayrton Senna's chicken is pulling ahead!' ~ Murray Walker
Date: August 25, 2003 09:26AM
Posted by: Muks_C
On ITV before the race Fisi said that he wants to go to Sauber because their windtunnel will be the best in F1 next year when its finished, and he likes the idea of having a Ferrari engine/gearbox to use. The fact that he mentioned Ferrari makes me think that he feels Sauber is a road into Ferrari in the future. He has said many times in public that his dream would be to go to Ferrari.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy