Williams Exhausts

Posted by markko 
Williams Exhausts
Date: August 23, 2003 07:12AM
Posted by: markko
Anyone realised that one of the williams exhausts is bigger than the other?

Well the outlet is bigger than the other. It tends to vary from race to race.

Re: Williams Exhausts
Date: August 23, 2003 07:23AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Date: August 23, 2003 07:25AM
Posted by: Priddo
Got a picture for us to see it from?

Date: August 23, 2003 07:33AM
Fraid not, keep ur eyes open on TV Coverage

Date: August 23, 2003 07:50AM
Posted by: Muks_C
Earlier in the season the right hand side was bigger than th eleft, then for a few races they were both the same size, and now in Hungary the left hand side is bigger than the right.
Date: August 23, 2003 08:20AM
Yup. Any ideas why?

Date: August 23, 2003 08:29AM
Posted by: Oleg
Cooling outlets for oil and water radiators?

Everything in the past is better than today.It's true,I read it on the internet.
Date: August 23, 2003 09:15AM
Posted by: Palomino
Yes the exhausts for the oil and water are differant, because the the oil is on the right and the water is on the left, thats basiclly why, but im mistifyed why they are differant sizes..i would of thought a symetrical car was better....

[www.kraftwerk.com]
Date: August 23, 2003 10:58AM
Posted by: Todays_Horse
I didnt know you needed exhausts for oil and water, thats a first for me! I was under the understanding the radiators are on either side of the car, i.e one is water one is an oil cooler, but as to why they would have exhausts specifically for those im totally lost.

I thought they were the engine exhausts, and maybe they found somthing in the windtunnel thats made them try different outlets for them

'The beak of Ayrton Senna's chicken is pulling ahead!' ~ Murray Walker
Date: August 23, 2003 12:33PM
Posted by: broders
well if you look closely, at ferrari's exhaust for example, on each of their 2 exhausts, there are 2 parts to it, one top one botton, look closely, there is a bit of exhaust separating it into 2 halves. this may be what he's on about, because there also has to be an exhaust for the engine.

Post Edited (08-23-03 19:44)

-=-=-=-=-=-
VT Driver
Broders
Date: August 23, 2003 12:43PM
found a picture about the ferrari thing, but its the same on the toyota, and the toyota one you can see it more clearly

maybe you understand me now ;)

-=-=-=-=-=-
VT Driver
Broders
Date: August 23, 2003 01:04PM
Posted by: Palomino
thats right, toyota is a japanese ferrari so they are the same, except one is over second slower than the other :P

i'd say the top part of the half in the exhausts are for engine and then the lower parts of the exhaust are for the oil and water (all i know is that they have oil and water exhausts just why the oil and water need exhuasts is beyond me or proberly from what Todays_Horse said.

[www.kraftwerk.com]
Date: August 23, 2003 01:08PM
Posted by: Pooky
nope i think you are wrong

both those halfs are for the engine exhausts

there are no cooling/oil exhausts

they have just split the end to try and keep the exhaust gases exiting under higher pressure thus reducing wake and drag

Date: August 23, 2003 01:20PM
Posted by: Oleg
So how does the cooling air come out?Just curious.:)

Everything in the past is better than today.It's true,I read it on the internet.
Date: August 23, 2003 01:32PM
it doesnt :P

-=-=-=-=-=-
VT Driver
Broders
Date: August 23, 2003 03:43PM
Posted by: Todays_Horse
It does, they have vents on the side of the pods.

'The beak of Ayrton Senna's chicken is pulling ahead!' ~ Murray Walker
Date: August 23, 2003 04:39PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
I had a thought.....maybe (long shot!) on anti clockwise tracks have (for example) high left side exhausts, while clockwise tracks have high right side exhausts....perhaps they have some kind of aero effect that the teams could use to their advantage. Just a thought.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: August 24, 2003 02:27AM
Posted by: MViper
-qwerty- :

yep, i was thinking the same .. But that theory collapses when u saw what they did in Austria, the right exaust pipe was taller than the left, and Austria is a clockwise circuit..

"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Date: August 24, 2003 05:54AM
Posted by: MysticalCrayon
ones from hungary

Date: August 24, 2003 03:22PM
Posted by: Imran
It depends on whether there are more high speed left handers or right handers. Not whether it clockwise or anti clockwise. Its just an aerodymanic aid.

Anyone noticed taht toyota copy everything ferrari do?the Tf103 is just a copy of the F2002,the exhaust is a copy,they now have the cooling grills on the side of their side pods as well!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy