Firman crashes.

Posted by jawwad01 
Re: Firman crashes.
Date: August 23, 2003 05:03AM
Posted by: stevewaller
There is no way he will continue this weekend, a huge impact. I think that Firman is **** anyway but i am glad he is ok, Jordan are also poor this year.

A lucky escape!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jenson Button and BAR..........Watch them fly in 2004
Date: August 23, 2003 05:13AM
Posted by: marcl
He has a cracked heal and there other driver is now gonna drive the car
Date: August 23, 2003 05:14AM
Posted by: broders
from jordans website

This morning the permanent bureau of the Formula One Commission unanimously agreed to issue Zsolt Baumgartner with a superlicense based on his Formula One testing experience with Jordan Ford this season and the FIA have permitted the team to enter Baumgartner as the driver of car number 12 for the remainder of the weekend.

-=-=-=-=-=-
VT Driver
Broders
Date: August 23, 2003 05:14AM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
....who is...?

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: August 23, 2003 05:18AM
Posted by: broders
Zsolt Baumgartner ;)

-=-=-=-=-=-
VT Driver
Broders
Date: August 23, 2003 05:22AM
Thats not very fair! First ever competitive lap in an F1 car and it's first out in a Qualifying session?!? ;)

Post Edited (08-23-03 12:22)

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: August 23, 2003 05:52AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
How are they allowed to enter him in his place? as at the start of the weekend, Firman was registered as racing, didn't think they could change that after they have started qualifying?

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: August 23, 2003 07:10AM
Posted by: Zcott
I'm sure the FIA will have noticed that this is some "extraordinary circumstance" and will have decided to issue Zsolt a superlicence. He did the Friday Morning Track Cleaning for Jordan, so he has two hours running. But I don't think after that session he'll have known he was actually going to be racing that car!

Date: August 23, 2003 07:26AM
To take part in a race you HAVE to take part in 1 of the qualyfing sessions.

Post Edited (08-23-03 14:27)

Date: August 23, 2003 07:32AM
Posted by: Priddo
stevewaller wrote:

There is no way he will continue this weekend, a huge impact. I think that Firman is **** anyway but i am glad he is ok, Jordan are also poor this year.
>

sorry if the quotei screwed...

firman is pretty good he has done well to match fisi the majority of the season....

Date: August 23, 2003 07:54AM
Posted by: Muks_C
Baumgartner tested on friday morning with Fisi and Firman, so its ok for him to take-over the rest of the weekend if the regular driver is out for any reason.
Date: August 23, 2003 12:06PM
Posted by: bigears
Whereabouts did he crash? I can't make it out from the video clip.

Is it at the left hander after the first back straight? (where the old chicane was)?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did your birth certificate come with an apology letter from Durex?
Date: August 23, 2003 01:04PM
Posted by: Pooky
no he crashed in the run up to turn 4 up the hill, the corner that goes over up hill over to the left, right where the sector 1 timing beacon is

Date: August 23, 2003 03:15PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
yeah the lovely little kink place after the little grey bit on your map

Date: August 23, 2003 11:33PM
Posted by: b-tone
quite a crash.

____
Tony

Date: August 24, 2003 12:18AM
Posted by: Guimengo
who said the fiber doesn't bend?

Date: August 24, 2003 02:31AM
Posted by: Marcow_nl
Always scares the hell out of me those crashes at this speed. He did not even notice losing his wing? These crashes have to stay in computergames! Unbelievable that he came out alive, only having a foot-problem.

I thought it was Sir Jackie Stewart who once said, in my time racing was dangerous and sex was safe. Now it's just the other way! :)

Ibanez guitars played by people like Joe Satriani and Steve Vai make me wanna go fast!!

Come and compete to other GP3 hotlappers [www.gp3Hotlaps.tk]
Date: August 24, 2003 02:47AM
Posted by: GLD
The rear wing broke off because of a crack along the bottom part of the support fasteneing on the lower rear wing. The Technichal director dude, can't remember his name, was showing it on Qualy 2 on ITV1. Apparently it was caused by vibrations on the car which meant either Firman's suspension set up was too stiff or that there are engine issues with Ford, i.e. the engine vibrates too much causing the crack......surprising tho considering all the testing that is done. They pulled Fisi from practice to make sure his wing was ok.

Please click my sig!
Date: August 24, 2003 02:56AM
Posted by: Pooky
yeah. Gary Anderson is Technical Director.

Date: August 24, 2003 02:57AM
I was surprised the way the Marshall's acted. They didn't signal to him or try and tell him that his bloody rear wing had come off! :-(

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy