Why is DC still at McLaren????

Posted by Marco1 
Re: Why is DC still at McLaren????
Date: August 21, 2003 05:49AM
Posted by: b-tone
theres some on that list who i think are better than dc, but its hard to judge just on wins.
fangio only has twenty something i think, but the championships only had 6 or 7 races then. even later many seasons had a lot less than the 16 or 17 they have now.

____
Tony

Date: August 21, 2003 06:04AM
Posted by: chrislewis
Lets first clear this misconception you have of me. Im not an MS fan. Oh and another thing, I dont think DC is ****.

You never really answered my question did you? You probably dont read my posts but you like to hear yourself talk dont you? You wasted youre whole time typing up that list of drivers points but there is not one on that list that answers my question. Actually it does.

all you have is oh hes been there since 96 and only won 13
You forgot Williams buddy.

you may like to concider posting an intelegent post rather than insulsting, and arrogant as can be seen several times in this topic

You started posting arrogantly first mate. Scroll up to your reply to one of my posts and than you might see why I think youre an idiot. This reply of yours by claiming things about me which are wrong and not even bothering to read my question lowers my opinion of you even more.

Post Edited (08-23-03 16:03)

Date: August 21, 2003 06:26AM
Posted by: andrew_S
im not going to get personal, here, so i will stop now, all i will say on that subject is, that, if you dont like other peoples opinions, there arent much point in going to a free disc forum, and from what ive seen, your post was more pro schumacher than anti DC so i made those coments, christ, this is a forum, dont take it so personal.....

is that i was refering to him being at mclaren since 96, nothing to do with williams, your question is un answerable, as there is no one, bar micheal schumacher whose been in a top team longer, and the only record in F1 that DC isnt ahead of is schumacher

why i posted that list, well, ok well for a start, i copied it of forix, let me explain, there has been several drivers through the history of the sport who have been in the same situation as DC top team, for several years, they are all bellow DC on that list, infact the only man above DC to not have won the championship, is Sir Stirling moss, you cant get much higher company than the company that DC is in....

really you need an appriciation of history to understand that

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: August 21, 2003 06:35AM
Posted by: rayg
"and the only record in F1 that DC isnt ahead of is schumacher"

I'm lost!, please explain what you mean by that as schumacher has sooooo many records more then DC, and I'm not talking about Elvis Presley ones either! ;-)
Date: August 21, 2003 06:43AM
well of the current crop no driver that has as many wins as DC bar schumacher

Date: August 21, 2003 06:45AM
JV is only 2 behind though and he hasn't been in a top team for long, 2 years!
Date: August 21, 2003 06:45AM
Its good we can solve this instead of continuous name calling. Sorry if I attcked youre opinion. I felt you did it to me so I obliged. My original comments were more pro Rubens than anti-DC. I dont care much for M Schumacher really.

My feelings on this topic are that ,I dont think DC is **** or that he hasnt made a name for himself, but that he has been in the top for so long that its time for another driver to have a go. I find F1 boring with the same people in the same (top) teams year after year.

Post Edited (08-23-03 16:02)

Date: August 21, 2003 06:50AM
I find F1 boring with the same people in the same (top) teams year after year.

your gonna get bored very quickly then cause thats the way its going in F1, long contracts, and no driver turn over at the top, schumachers been at ferrari the same length btw, which seems to have been convineintly forgoten

Post Edited (08-21-03 13:52)

Date: August 21, 2003 06:53AM
I think you long term stability so you can watch a driver grow/fall as the years go by.

Changing it every year would be bad as you would'nt know if the driver was quick or the car as you would'nt always knwo their background!
Date: August 21, 2003 07:00AM
well, drivers going from top teams to top teams is great, again look back, what about prost and senna at mclaren, prost and mansell at ferrari, or mansell piquet at williams as an example, all within the space of 3 years, change is nice, theres no question and thats how it was for 40 years, only recently stability has come into it

Date: August 21, 2003 07:01AM
Well I would rather see M Scumacher fighting for the championship each year than having him be ruled out for the title chase halfway through the season. If MS wasnt fighting for the championship in the last few races each yearthan I wouldnt want him there either.

Post Edited (08-23-03 16:02)

Date: August 21, 2003 07:03AM
"andrew_S" Compleatly agree with you!

What I was saying is about new people comming in all the time, I'm looking forward to JPM going to Mclaren against Kimi in the same car, Bring it on!! ;-)
Date: August 21, 2003 07:05AM
Well thats exactly my point.

Post Edited (08-23-03 16:01)

Date: August 21, 2003 07:22AM
Well I would rather see M Scumacher fighting for the championship each year than having him be ruled out for the title chase halfway through the season. If MS wasnt fighting for the championship in the last few races each yearthan I wouldnt want him there either.

so basically what it comes down to is that you like schumacher and hate DC? as that has nothing to do with my original statement, or yours for that matter i mean

but that he has been in the top for so long that its time for another driver to have a go

so why is that different for schumacher than DC?

Date: August 21, 2003 07:47AM
Posted by: Muks_C
I think its different for Schumacher than DC because DC has had relatively small success in his long time at a top team, so it might be time to bring in someone fresh. Schumacher has had huge success in the team he is in, so there is no reason why he should move over and allow someone else to reap the rewards of all the hard work he along with a lot of other people have put in for the past 7 and a half years. DC has had his shot at success in a top team and not really made much of it. I know he has had bad luck and good teammates, but I feel he has become too comfortable and is happy to just go along and collect the money. He knows that whatever happens, he is getting a big fat pay cheque. If he were to go to a team such as Toyota, his experience along with their massive budget could become a race-winning team in the future. He could do with a team like Toyota what MS did with Ferrari.
Date: August 22, 2003 01:24AM
Posted by: Boils
"he is getting a big fat pay cheque"

nah, i think DC really wants to win the championship and he knows his only chance of doing it is with McLaren, some of you will agree :)

"who else in modern F1 has had less victories than Coulthard but has been in a team, as long as he has, that is capable of winning a grand prix each year? "

Might just be a Cyber miscommunication or something but this question
makes me think, that u think DC is ****, sorry if i over reacted

oh and DC wins atleast 1 GP every year since he enter F1? nah more like since 97 where he won 2? cant remember!

Date: August 22, 2003 02:56AM
so basically what it comes down to is that you like schumacher and hate DC? as that has nothing to do with my original statement, or yours for that matter i mean

Again youre making an assumption.

so why is that different for schumacher than DC?

Im not going to repeat myself so read Muks_c's post to see about how I feel on this topic.

Might just be a Cyber miscommunication or something but this question
makes me think, that u think DC is ****, sorry if i over reacted

Yes it is a miscommunication.:)

Post Edited (08-23-03 15:57)

Date: August 23, 2003 10:55AM
Posted by: Todays_Horse
He still has a big chin though. Special helmets as well i hear

'The beak of Ayrton Senna's chicken is pulling ahead!' ~ Murray Walker
Date: August 23, 2003 01:46PM
Posted by: JC
DC is a great driver but he is not world championship material, he needs to be even better then he is now to stand a chance of winning a world championship. Its a bit like Tim Henman really lol...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy