Super Aguri TWR Arrows?

Posted by Covfan 
Super Aguri TWR Arrows?
Date: November 23, 2005 12:20PM
Posted by: Covfan
Super Aguri could run Arrows cars

Suzuki plans to head up an 11th team in Formula One next season
Super Aguri, the Japanese team seeking to enter Formula One next season, could run four-year-old Arrows cars.

Super Aguri have applied to become the 11th team in the competition but are racing to be ready for the first Grand Prix in Bahrain on 12 March.

Former Minardi boss Paul Stoddart bought five Arrows cars in 2003 when the now-defunct team folded.

"We are negotiating with them, it's the only thing that makes sense given the time scale they've got," said Stoddart.

"Minardi were running a 2002 car up to Imola 2005. We didn't change an awful lot in that period."

Stoddart has since sold Minardi to Red Bull but has retained the Arrows chassis and intellectual property rights.

Super Aguri, run by former Formula One driver Aguri Suzuki and set to be powered by Honda engines, have taken over the old Arrows factory at Leafield.

They are expected to run Takuma Sato after he lost his drive at BAR, although a decision will not be made on their entry until December.

Meanwhile, four teams on the grid - BAR, Sauber, Jordan and Minardi - have also applied to change their names for next season.

Sauber will be known as BMW Sauber F1, Jordan will be renamed Midland F1 and Minardi will become Squadra Toro Rosso.

BAR, who have been bought by Honda, have yet to reveal what they will be called.

Interesting.
Re: Super Aguri TWR Arrows?
Date: November 23, 2005 12:52PM
Posted by: Peat
The car was at best a mid field runner in 2002, it will be miles off the pace now. i dont know why they are bothering with next year, they should just focus on 2007.

Date: November 23, 2005 06:09PM
Posted by: chet
to see that car on track again would make me so happy :) i loved it!

@peat - with new suspension and 06 tyres it will be slow but not miles slower :)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: November 23, 2005 06:59PM
Posted by: bestobritish
its going to need alot of modification to make it legal for next year though. e.g. diffuser, moving the rear wing etc

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: November 23, 2005 07:06PM
well i dont think it will be done.. i think they just want to use the cars as they are.

Date: November 23, 2005 07:39PM
Posted by: rocker
It won't be possible, remember Minardi in Melbourne, they weren't allowed to use the car with 2004 wings.

--------------------------------------------
Rocker
Date: November 23, 2005 08:25PM
Posted by: danm
and what if they write off a few in friday testing at bahrain, or even still over the winter?!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: November 23, 2005 08:35PM
Posted by: marcl
i dont think it could be done either they would be so far off the pace. They would need to be changed to take the engine wings and every things its not a good idea at all infact it would be dangerous.

Plus its the same as buying a car from BAR its not theirs
Date: November 23, 2005 08:59PM
:O! SHIZZLEE!

THEY HAVE SAATOOOO!

THEY WILLL NEEEEEEEED LIKEEE LOAAAAAAAAAAADS!

Date: November 23, 2005 09:04PM
Posted by: whutom
Is it just me or is this team becoming a laughing stock already?
Sato as a driver, 3 year old cars!
What else will it take to make this lot more embarassing

Date: November 23, 2005 09:19PM
Posted by: danm
tractor tyres and jeremy beadle as team advisor??

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: November 23, 2005 11:18PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
its a bit silly. As said above, if arrows are possible to buy "as is" siurely a disused BAR chasis is equally legal?

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: November 23, 2005 11:19PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Isnt it that Arrows dont exist as a constructor anymore, and that BAR still operate?
Date: November 23, 2005 11:45PM
BAR no longer operate either so its the same thing. They will be buying cars from Paul S no different from buying the 2005 as the team no longer exist.

They may as well buy the leyton house from 1990 or something like that its getting stupid now.

The FIA should change the bloody rule, instead of banning pit lane stuff help new teams by letting them buy year old cars.

We would have 12 teams in 2007 if this mclaren thing take off, for christ sake they let sauber use the ferrari plans in 2004
Date: November 24, 2005 07:42AM
Posted by: zymolguy
Should be interesting in Bahrain to see what they bring.

Date: November 24, 2005 09:12AM
saftey?

for sure its not strong enough yet..

Date: November 24, 2005 09:37AM
they will race the 1990 lola that Aguri drove lol
Date: November 24, 2005 10:53AM
Posted by: Guimengo
I'm sure Honda could make a chassis similar to the 2005 BAR and sell it dirt cheap to Aguri's team, sounds so ridiculous that Honda would help so much and then not even do something that simple to have the team ready.
Date: November 24, 2005 11:53AM
Posted by: turkey_machine
BAR do operate, even though Honda own the team 100%, and the name will be changed to Honda, the team is still BAR because nothing's changed within the core structure. Arrows is a bit different since the team folded in 2002.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2005 11:54AM by turkey_machine.
Date: November 24, 2005 12:31PM
Posted by: rocker
If Super Aguri buys the cars design than they will own it's design, so it will be legal, that's what the rules talk about.

You need to have the rights of your car, and you don't need to build them, you can buy Dallara or Lola to build it.

Anyway, I want to see one more team next year!!! 22 cars!!!

--------------------------------------------
Rocker
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy