Monza..... gone?

Posted by Lemming 
Monza..... gone?
Date: November 17, 2005 06:00PM
Posted by: Lemming
[www.itv-f1.com]

why???

well, easy win for f(ia)errari when italian gp moves to fiorano! and they could put drawing pins on random corners and tell schumi and massa where they are!!!

Re: Monza..... gone?
Date: November 17, 2005 06:20PM
Posted by: Advong
That's pathetic, these local residents would have known the track was there when they moved in, they made there choice and they should stick with it. Same thing happening a castle combe.

I've been to Monza for the Grand Prix, it was a great experience and i'd hate to think i could never go again
Date: November 17, 2005 06:23PM
Posted by: tripleM
well if it should come down to Mugello,Misano or Vallelunga for the replacement Mugello would be the obvious choice

Date: November 17, 2005 06:28PM
Posted by: tripleM
but then again people could have their wish granted with only 1 race in Italy

at least then there won't be attendance problems in Imola

Date: November 17, 2005 06:34PM
Posted by: bestobritish
thats a @#$%& joke, thats peed me right off. i cant believe some people, im too wound up to make a decent argument against these people!
Date: November 17, 2005 06:42PM
Posted by: matt3454
no offence but italy needs to lose a gp, so does germany. i dont get why they have 2 gp's while britain and belgium struggle to have one

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2005 06:52PM by matt3454.
Date: November 17, 2005 07:07PM
Posted by: markko

an unnecessary activity, dangerous and without any social benefit and which has a considerable impact on the environment.
So all those fans giving no money to local business? Bull.
Date: November 17, 2005 07:09PM
Posted by: Advong
I agree that italy and germany should both drop grand prixs, the european grand prix should change location each year. But i'd rather see imola go than monza
Date: November 17, 2005 07:22PM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Keep Monza AND Immola. If you want to get rid of a useless GP, Bahrain is the place to start.....

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: November 17, 2005 07:22PM
Posted by: Stan
Lemming Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >
> why???
>
> well, easy win for f(ia)errari when italian gp
> moves to fiorano! and they could put drawing pins
> on random corners and tell schumi and massa where
> they are!!!
>
>

care you explain how are they gonna fit 22 cars on a track that can barley take 2 ?

Date: November 17, 2005 07:23PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
I was thinking more along the lines of this safety issue, F1 is probably one of the safest sports around now-a-days with all the bits they stock the cars with and all the protection they put around the cockpit...
Date: November 17, 2005 07:23PM
Posted by: Nickv
Those stupid people should think before they are buying a house. Same is happening in Holland with our main airport. People buy a house next to it, knowing there will be noise, and when they are living there a few months or so, they are complaining about the noise, which they knew it was there! I don't understand such people.
Date: November 17, 2005 07:49PM
Posted by: anze89
Following a formal complaint by a group of residents

why the hell do people like this have to f*ck one of the most legendery races? People like this already f*cked up A1 Ring in Austria, and now Monza? Please, can someone kill these people?

Date: November 17, 2005 07:56PM
Posted by: DrDougal
no offence but italy needs to lose a gp, so does germany. i dont get why they have 2 gp's while britain and belgium struggle to have one

Here here!

But lose Imola rather Monza for sure. There hasn't been an entertaining race there since they put in the "traffic calming" scheme in 1995!
Date: November 17, 2005 08:08PM
Posted by: Nickv
Yeah, instead of having a rubbish race in Imola, we could have fantastic one in Holland! :)
Date: November 17, 2005 08:12PM
Posted by: Sauber89
monza needs to be kept though they've been racing there since july 1922 so those people knew that it would be a touch loud chuck the nurburgring and imola and bahrain theres more people at an ipswich town football game (30,000) than there is at circuit on race day, china needs a redesign the first corner's stupid and makes the point of the straight useless for overtaking. ditch the crap keep the best, that means monza it can't go.

Date: November 17, 2005 08:32PM
Posted by: Pooky
it wont go dont worry

no chance
Date: November 17, 2005 08:39PM
Posted by: harjinator
lol at the whole thing...

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: November 17, 2005 10:51PM
Posted by: The_Ozz_Man
This is So @#$%& Look at the tracks that have been on the chopping block in the recent past, Spa (prehaps the best race track on earth) Silverstone (the home of British Racing and a great race track to boot) Imola (not the best track but still better then some of the new ones) and now Monza which is up there with Spa IMO

When the GP first came to Meblourne we had protesters and we did not give them them time of day i can't understand why the italtian Government would bend to presure from a few tossers who can't afford ear plugs for a couple of days a year

The Thunder from Downunder

Date: November 18, 2005 12:26AM
Posted by: zeppelin101
lol ear-plugs I bought a few months back ought to do the trick... can't heard jack@#!% with 'em ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy