JV unfairly slams Wilson

Posted by Ellis 
JV unfairly slams Wilson
Date: August 14, 2003 07:04AM
Posted by: Ellis
F1Racing.net:

Jacques Villeneuve slammed Jaguar debutant Justin Wilson for 'trying to be a hero' at the start of the recent German Grand Prix.

The BAR ace said Yorkshire's lanky 24-year-old clipped his rear tyre as a melee unfolded at Hockenheim's first corner. 'If you qualify at the back, it means you're not quick, so there's no point in trying to be a hero,' said the French-Canadian.

'A bunch of guys went in crazily,' he added. 'but I'd say it is pretty normal for Justin - he's just out of Minardi and he thinks he can show what he can do.'

Wilson switched from the back-of-the-grid Faenza team after the previous Silverstone race in Jaguar's bid to charge for fifth in the constructors' chase.

Jacques said Justin's attempt to be a hero 'screwed my race, so that's a little bit annoying. We really didn't need that. It really cost me the race.'

Yet another dose of bad luck could hardly have come at a worse time for Villeneuve, as the beleaguered driver stares into an uncertain F1 future.

But 'I don't think it has much effect now,' says the highly-paid Quebecois who's out of contract and trying to convince his boss that he should stay at Brackley.

JV says 'all the damage' of a dismal racing season 'has been done by now. It simply can't get any worse.'

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Re: JV unfairly slams Wilson
Date: August 14, 2003 07:09AM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
YAY!!!!!!!!!! IT SAYS LANKY!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

But yeah, he can talk!!

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: August 14, 2003 07:45AM
Posted by: Muks_C
'If you qualify at the back, it means you're not quick, '

Something Jacques knows all too well in his BAR adventure!
Date: August 14, 2003 09:18AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Well okay its a bit harsh to voice that opinion publically, but fact is JV was spun by Wilson pushing too hard, also due to Firman......

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: August 14, 2003 09:43AM
Posted by: _Alex_
If you qualify at the back, it means you're not quick

Yes, this is perhaps the most breathtakingly audacious comment yet from Villeneuve.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: August 14, 2003 09:44AM
Posted by: Ellis
I persoanlly blame firman for the second part of the accident. When everyone else was able to slow down, he wasnt and hit HHF causing more problems for the people behind.

thats where the problem is IMO, not what Wilson did.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: August 14, 2003 11:03AM
Posted by: Pooky
of course JV would be upset but it is hard to blame wilson,

whenever there is a big incident, it always draws the concentration and attention away from the other drivers

lol - at least JV has a sense of humour talking about ' no more damage to my reputation could now be possibly done!!!!'

Date: August 14, 2003 01:26PM
I feel for him, I really do. He's a fine driver, certainly F1 standard. I freely admit he isn't worth anything like what he demands in pay, and ultimately this rather selfish attitude has cost him dearly, looking back, I think he would have done things very differently......but its too late now. Let's not forget JV is an ex WDC, and his car was class of the field, but you still need to keep a level head, hold it together enough to win the title (DH 96, MH!). This is the guy who isnt afraid to speak his mind, for better or worse. We need more outspoken men in F1, someone with some passion. Let's not forget Austria 2001, Indianapolis 2000, Brazil 2003 (he held it together, this from the man who can;'t drive in the wet!!), 1996, 1997, not to mention being the best of the rest in a shocking 1998 williams. This man had it, was one of the fastest, most exciting men of the post- 1994 era. I think a lot of people around here could cut him a little slack. He's not as good as he thinks, nor as good as he was, but he deserves his place in f1.

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: August 14, 2003 01:37PM
Posted by: urk10
Our good old

Jacques "The Slammer" Villeneuve!

LOL

Date: August 14, 2003 01:40PM
There no doubt he's a good driver, but he doesn't need to pick on Wilson. Of course Wilson will be trying extra hard in his first race to prove he is worth the gamble, but I'm sure Villeneuve tries extra hard when its his home race, or when it was BAR's first race, or when he made his debut in Australia 1996 etc. He is slowly becoming bitter and twisted.
Date: August 14, 2003 01:44PM
Posted by: anze89
It seems to like he is looking for an excuse for his bad performance.

Date: August 14, 2003 01:52PM
Or maybe he's jealous?
Date: August 14, 2003 02:44PM
Its not an excuse.....its the truth! He got wiped out by Wilson / Firman. As for trying extra hard, you may recall he was on pole in Australia '96.....

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: August 14, 2003 03:49PM
Thats what I mean! He (Villeneuve) tried extra hard cos it was his debut. Of course Wislon will try hard in his first race for a new team, but its unfair of JV to say he shouldn't try to be a hero.
Date: August 14, 2003 04:16PM
yeah it was a bit below the belt.

but justin can handle it.

i think the new F1 drivers are becoming more mature and able to handle the mind games

everyone throught button would implode, but he has handled JV very well, and thus has gained JV's respect

Date: August 15, 2003 12:31AM
Posted by: MysticalCrayon
=O i cant belive he said that !

Date: August 15, 2003 12:53AM
Posted by: Boils
I dont know what ppl are getting worked up about

"If you qualify at the back, it means you're not quick" i think he means that there is no point trying to win the race from the back of the grid and that he should be more carefull

JV's race was ruined by that accident and for that he finished behind JB

JV will probly be dropped from F1 next year just like the gilles villeneuve circuit, an excellent part of F1 history about to be thrown out the door...

And as for Wilson i bet he doesnt give a **** what any of the drivers say about him so why do you?

Date: August 15, 2003 07:55AM
Posted by: tax dodger
i agree with pretty much everything qwerty has said there about villeneuve. and i can see why he is angry at wilson. if you think someone took you out of the race then you will be angry at them, its natural for racing drivers to act like that

TAX DODGER ;)
Date: August 15, 2003 11:31AM
dont get me wrong, i totally understand JV's point too!

but funny for him to say it now, not immediatly after the race

Date: August 15, 2003 06:56PM
Posted by: Boils
well imo i think JV should say whatever he wants, he may not be in F1 next year and his bad luck this year is stoping him from proving anything

so if he wants to make any comment on any part of F1, well ill be listening

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy