If its not what the rule book quotes, its not illegal - please read.

Posted by Palomino 
After those dammed threads on the B194. I have been thinking abuot this for a while, the rule book quotes that a software version of TC or LC is illegal, what if the TC or LC was hardware then? im sure the teams could hide something in the cars that would restrict airflow or movement in the pistons so it wouldnt over-rev, besides teams run all sorts of things under teh cover that never get discoverd by FIA. so to put this to rest, the '94 season was 9 years ago, give it a rest and the rest of us here. its 2003 and TC & LC is legal, so be it.

[www.kraftwerk.com]
the reason i've started the 94 thread is because it's constantly brought up yet there is no evidence it was used.
they used to use standard engine management systems iirc so controlling something in the engine was impossable

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
I dont know if anyone remembers this but they tried to cheat by using the pitlane rev limiter as a launch control device

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah, I remember hearing about Ferrari having a sort of TC in their gearbox, can't remember how, it may have been in 2001.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Maybe, not sure, but the extract I posted on the other thread indicates that Ferrari were running a form of TC in 1994. There were also suspicious about this following Schumacher's win in the rain in Spain. Can't say I've read a great deal about this though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Well the win in spain '96 proberly wasnt TC beacuse he wasnt on the pace all season of the williams except at a few races, and if you watch closely, he was able to spin the rear wheels very easily so i doubt he used it then, maybe in '00 and early '01 but:

******TC doesnt necessary make the car faster, just easier to drive******

so schumi wouldnt benefit THAT much from it anyway, only in the wet :P

[www.kraftwerk.com]
what i heard helped MS win spain 1996 was the fact the engine was only a V9 or something like that as it was breaking.
Thats corrct, his exhaust was cracked and he was running on 8 Cyl. and the 9th was cutting out.

[www.kraftwerk.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy