benetton launch control 94

Posted by Mark 
benetton launch control 94
Date: August 13, 2003 12:30PM
Posted by: Mark
the amount of times michaels car has been claimed to be illegal on this forum is well known,true the fia did find launch control software but it had been disabled, benettons explanation was that it was easier to disable the software than remove it as they believed that it would corrupt other software programs on the car.the fia found that by flicking the gearshift paddles andpressing the throttle and clutch pedals in the correst order it could be activated,benetton explained that the sequence was deliberatly complicated to stop it being activated by accident.

i personally don't believe it was used,because the team would of been in on it and that includes his race engineer pat symonds,joan vildeprat,tom walkinshaw,ross brawn as well as michael and flavio and i know what people think of michael and flavio but you are also accusing several other established and well thought of people in f1,and as some claim on here that some ex benetton mechanics have made claim that it was illegal i put down to mischief making.

for me traction control as we all know is audible on an f1 car so if it was being used it would of been obvious to everyone but the claim most levelled at the 94 car was launch control so i watched the 94 review again and have noted the following.

Brazil. 3rd on grid, blinding start falls to 3rd.
aida .2nd on grid ,good start 1st at turn 1
imola.2nd on grid,stays 2nd to first corner,at restart starts 1st cause of sennas crash another blinding start falls to 2nd.
barcelona.1st on grid, stays 1st
monaco.1st on grid,stays first
canada.1st on grid,stays 1st
france.[this race is the most used as evidence of launch control as michaek went from 3rd to 1st,simple explanation is that his car was lighter as he was 3 stopping.
silverstone.2nd on grid,stays 2nd
germany.4th on grid,stays 4th
hungary,1st on grid,stays 1st
spa.2nd on grid,stays 2nd
jerez,1st on grid,blinding start drops to 2nd
japan.1st on grid,stays 1st
australia,2nd on grid,1st at 1st corner,explanation being mansell had a bad start even hill went passed as well as ms into 1st corner.

the two races estoril and monza are not included as ms didn't take part.even when michael was on pole his starts were not spectacular so i'm wondering were the proof that launch control was actually used is as i can't see it from watching the start of the races.the amount of times alesi gets a flyer and nothing is mentioned,the same when he was at benetton in 96,the amount of times the commentary says and alesi get his customary flyer and no accusations,strange.

please bare in mind that this is just opinion from watching the races myself and i'll listen to any argument on the subjest
Re: benetton launch control 94
Date: August 13, 2003 12:50PM
Posted by: andrew_S
do we have to have this every 5 mins?

its the mannor of the starts not the position, anyway, i think weve had this enough times, end off

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: August 13, 2003 02:27PM
Posted by: Ellis
oh again

TC is illegal.

Ex-mechanics said that car was illegal.

Thats enough for me

france.[this race is the most used as evidence of launch control as michaek went from 3rd to 1st,simple explanation is that his car was lighter as he was 3 stopping.

Actaully thats the race the TC was found

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: August 13, 2003 02:31PM
Posted by: Vader
But why the hell did they build it into their cars if not to use it? TC was banned at the end of 93, so when Benetton build their new car they knew it TC was illegal. Again, why did they build it into their B194 if they did not intend to use it?

I don't care what ex-mechanics say - they can say a lot, just like the people you quote up there. It is not important what people say - they have all sorts of motives for saying things. It is more important what's in the car -and there was TC in the car, and TC was illegal in 1994, no matter what.

Btw, HHF did say more than once that riding behind a Ferrari in 98/99 he got the impression that the Scuderia used some sort of TC.

Even if I don't go for that witchhunt-like "Let's blame MS for everything" that goes on in here from time to time, I don't trust Ross Brawn as far as I can throw him.

Post Edited (08-13-03 21:34)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: August 13, 2003 02:57PM
Posted by: andrew_S
also they knew montreal 93 the writing for 94 was on the wall...

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: August 13, 2003 03:08PM
Posted by: thestarfishpond
"the amount of times alesi gets a flyer and nothing is mentioned,the same when he was at benetton in 96,the amount of times the commentary says and alesi get his customary flyer and no accusations,strange."

Alesi's well renowned for fast starts no-matter what car he's been driving. He uses his own TC system, his foot!
Date: August 13, 2003 03:10PM
Posted by: Pooky
i dont trust ross brawn either, but even more so todt!!!!

Date: August 13, 2003 04:39PM
Posted by: matthewp
HHF did say more than once that riding behind a Ferrari in 98/99 he got the impression that the Scuderia used some sort of TC

yes he said it made a strange noise and was incredibly fast exiting corners

Date: August 13, 2003 04:46PM
Posted by: Gonzalo Rodriguez
I think he was talking about a Sauber with a Ferrari engine in '01
Date: August 13, 2003 04:50PM
Even if I don't go for that witchhunt-like "Let's blame MS for everything" that goes on in here from time to time, I don't trust Ross Brawn as far as I can throw him.

Dude, even you couldnt even pick up roos brawn, never mind throw him!

TC was on the car: FACT.

Like Vader said, they knew it was illegal.

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: August 14, 2003 01:12AM
Posted by: _Alex_

They used it: FICTION.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: August 14, 2003 01:28AM
Posted by: Pooky
yeah he was. it was about a sauber in 2001 melbourne

Date: August 14, 2003 03:11AM
the point of this post is michaels starts with supposed launch control,where are these miraculous starts that you all claim he has had that year,only 3 races he actually went past anyone at the start,1 race he was light on fuel and another mansell had a bad start and both ms and hill went past.

so if their is supposed to be evidence that launch control was actually used can someone point to one race where it is obvioussly used,i really don't think some of you have seen footage of 94 and just jump on the bandwagon cause he certainly lost position in more races than he gained it.
Date: August 14, 2003 04:28AM
Posted by: sasjag
read this again, it basically says that they used it, the FIA knew it but in light of all the deaths and accidents in F1 that year, they colluded to allow Schumi/Benetton off the hook so as not to further damage the sport

[www.grandprix3.com]

cant help but feel if it happened in any ither season they woulda been outta there

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: August 14, 2003 06:59AM
Posted by: marcl
The thing is when LC was not being used in 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999 MS did not make good starts, even Alex has said starting is not one of MS strong points.

And it was not LC they were using it was TC.
Date: August 14, 2003 07:12AM

They used it: FICTION.

so you final belive that it was there but wasnt used? And how do you know its defiante fiction it wasnt used? The car with perfect starts and the LC and it isnt using the LC?

No rpoof it was used, but they knew it was illegal, and they knew a year in advance it was going to be illegal. why was it there? Probably same reason the fuel filters werent there..

Date: August 14, 2003 09:46AM
my whole point ellis to watch the 94 season where are all these perfect starts.only 3 races does ms make any position up
Date: August 14, 2003 09:50AM
Posted by: Zcott
He doesn't have to make up positions to get a good start, as he can start from pole, you know!:P

Date: August 14, 2003 09:55AM
nothing in that piece sasjag proves it was used and the fact that ms made more bad starts than good in 94
Date: August 14, 2003 10:09AM
Ok, lets get the facts stright

In France he got a great start correct?

In France TC was found

In 1994 TC was illegal

Benetton knew it was illegal but felt the need to build it into the cars anyway

seems a bit dodgy, just like the rest of the 94 season

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy