Webber will walk

Posted by SpaceAce 
Webber will walk
Date: November 10, 2005 08:32AM
Posted by: SpaceAce
Channel 7 news just reported that webber will walk if the car doesnt get better :)
where he will walk to is unknown.

GPGSL WDC Season 4
Re: Webber will walk
Date: November 10, 2005 09:09AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Probably BACK TO THE PITS! He does a lot of that sort of thing whoever he drives for!

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: November 10, 2005 09:20AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Good to know, I hope Williams sucks for the first 4-5 races of the season then ;)
Date: November 10, 2005 09:34AM
Posted by: Peat
Indeed. he is rubbish.

I found out something very interesting the other day, according to a senior williams engineer, he is a bulls**t merchant. He tells people what they WANT to hear, hence why Patrick Head likes him so much. So he isnt helping to develop the car as much as he could.

Date: November 10, 2005 10:02AM
Posted by: IWE
and if he is rubbish then also both McLaren drivers are.. thx bye...

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: November 10, 2005 10:17AM
Posted by: marcl
Look how much better jag/rbr done without him. Over rated driver hope he gets his arse kicked next year
Date: November 10, 2005 11:04AM
Posted by: v@sh
Indeed if he is so rubbish yet he still has outqualified all his team-mates.
Indeed if he is so rubbish yet the RedBull has a decent car. Many people forget the design the following years car happens around April/May of the previous year.
Indeed if he is so rubbish Mario wouldn't have asked him to go to BMW.
Indeed if he is so rubbish, then Toyota/Renault/Williams wouldn't have bidded for him the year before.

He came to Williams expecting a fast car (they won the last race of the season) yet when he turned up there they had wind tunnel calibration problems, poor traction control, an crap engine that needed rev limiting both in high and lower temperatures, a car that was crap on its tires early on, a car that was stiff and crap over the kerbs. And this is Williams, he had higher expectations than driving in the midfield again because they were Williams. And now that the car has been @#$%& and they have no manufacturer backing, he has every right to walk away because he expected more (and vice versa). He has had a disappointing season by his standards because normally he doesn't make so many mistakes. Watch his season both at Jaguar and Minardi - he made more mistakes this season than all 3 seasons put together at those teams.

Fans are as fickle as the sport comes when it comes to perceptions. If he wins a few races next year in a competitive enough car, everyone will be lauding him a champion. If you go to a team like Mclaren, Williams, or Ferrari you expect they have the right infrastructure and right people to be competitive and be at the front majority of the time. Williams on the other hand have gone backwards.

Fans laud how good drivers are technically etc. etc. etc. but the design team are the ones ultimately who create the car, not the driver. That is why Horner says Newey is bigger than Schumacher...because he is. He understands how to make a car go quick. Any competent driver would be able to win in a front running car with a reasonable gap. I'd prefer drivers like Webber/Raikkonen/Alonso/Button anyday over pay drivers...not to mention that Webber got where he is on merit, not on $$$.
Date: November 10, 2005 11:12AM
Posted by: b-tone
He has had a disappointing season by his standards

his standards are a 7th for minardi in a 9 car race.

heidfeld out done webber this year, and from this distance i've no idea what goes on there, but it seemed webber lost his cool. maybe if everything clicks he could be champion, but with hiedfeld i feel click or not he'll score points.
so do you want someone who will either get 1st if all goes well or last. or someone who will get 3rd or 4th all the time?

____
Tony

Date: November 10, 2005 11:14AM
Posted by: Red_Bull
thanks vash for what seems the most intelligent post on the webber subject i've seen yet.
Date: November 10, 2005 12:11PM
Posted by: chrislewis
Most people here I believe rate Heidfeld but at the same time say Webber is @#$%&. Yet while Heidfeld was racing it was the closest battle betwen teammates.

If you believe Webber is @#$%& than so me must be Heidfeld because he didn't do much better.

Date: November 10, 2005 12:34PM
as people know i have never rated webber. He is fast just not a good race driver and that was prooven in f3000 and f1.
Date: November 10, 2005 01:05PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Webber's a good driver, quick anyway. I look forward to his pairing with Rosberg, it'll be interesting. Just hop-ing williams build a good car.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: November 10, 2005 03:39PM
Posted by: Race_Monkey
I heared from someone who works at Williams that around the factory Webber is a bit of a prima donna, he also said that Nick was quite a nice guy who would spend a lot of time in the factory talking to the crew.

I quite liked Webber when he was at Jag and Minardi, but at Williams he has been disappointing, good car or no he was beaten pretty comprehensively by Heidfeld (who I never rated too highly until this year).

That said he did show a couple of competitive drives in the last few races (perhaps when the pressure from Heidfeld was gone?) so I wouldn't totally rule him out.

Date: November 10, 2005 03:54PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
arg shut up everyone that calls webber , OR THE MCLAREN DRIVERS a bad driver , and iwe , you are wrong again *zucht*

Date: November 10, 2005 05:01PM
Posted by: Nemesis78
I tend to agree with the general comments. I never rated Webber as having that great a potential. Certainly not in a Schumacher/Alonso/Kimi way. I put him in the same box as Jenson. If EVERYTHING goes right and the top 6 cars fall off the track at Turn 1. He may just win a race.

I'll admit I was pleasently surprised by Heidfields pace this year. And if you beleive the noises coming out of Grove regarding Nico. Hes a definete step above Webber in terms of racecraft and (crucially) car development.

I expect Nico to outscore Webber in 06. Im not saying race wins or even podiums until we see the first Spainish tests. But I think there'll be at least 1 driver between them too.
Date: November 10, 2005 05:23PM
Posted by: tripleM
I don't know how people didn't consider Heidfeld to be a strong driver before this year.

Date: November 10, 2005 05:31PM
Posted by: J i m
I wouldn't have thought they would be many other teams available to Webber.

Renault seem to be grooming Kovalainen. Even if Raikkonen went to Ferrari, the new golden boy would be Hamilton.

Maybe Toyota or BMW. But really he should stick where he is at Williams and try to turn the situation around.
Date: November 10, 2005 05:58PM
Posted by: Echo1
Frentzen whooped his ass in the Sauber in 2003. That aside, I rate Heidfeld pretty high.
Date: November 10, 2005 06:06PM
more like webber will be pushed out of williams, resent stories seem to be more along the lines that they are not happy with his race craft
Date: November 10, 2005 07:29PM
Posted by: Nemesis78
The main problem I see is that Frank only signed Webber because he was an Aussie. He likes the Tough aussies like Alan Jones, as they fit in with the teams straight foward "we design the car, you drive it as hard as possible" They just turn up and do the business

Problem is Webber isnt Jones.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy