Why we lost Jordan

Posted by Hakkinenf1 
Why we lost Jordan
Date: October 18, 2005 04:57AM
Posted by: Hakkinenf1
in 2001 ,Jordan's main aim was to be back to where they left off in 1999
it was mentioned about 20 times in any interview with any Jordan driver or member
the downfall in 2000 was due to 1999 ,i remember there techinchal directore saying at the 2001 launche(in 1999 we did something a small team never does,developing the car right to the end,that was because Frentzen was doing so well,which realy didn't give us time to build the 2000 car earler ,and it was unreilibel)
and Eddi Jordan said that the 2001 is a make or break season ,becuase they paid a lot of money to build the 2001 contender,and they had the offical Honda engine.well as we saw,it was a break season for the team.
they Enterd the 2001 season thinking they are the third best team and they said they gonna fight for title,atcually the car was good,in the first 10 races,J Trulli was allways in front of at least on Mclaren,one Williams,or even on Ferrai
he was almost never under 5 tenthes from the leader,but he did alot of mistake,and HHF was not fast at all,he was 7 tenthes slower the JT in most races,
and they finished the season in 6,that was a big hit in my opinion for the team,as saw we that the 2002 car was there worst since1996,and it got worse all the way to 2005.

-------------------------
gooooz fra ba

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2005 05:18AM by Hakkinenf1.
Re: Why we lost Jordan
Date: October 18, 2005 05:14AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Wasn't it Jordan suing Vodafone as well? Bad move if you aim to attract other sponsors
Date: October 18, 2005 05:15AM
Posted by: Hakkinenf1
yes and that too.

gooooz fra ba
Date: October 18, 2005 08:46AM
Posted by: Nickv
Since they don't have the animal on the nose anymore, it went really bad.
Date: October 18, 2005 08:57AM
Posted by: Red_Bull
the 2000 contender was a decent car when it wasnt rolling to a smoking stop. i think they were very lucky in 1999, picking up the pieces when mclaren and ferrari failed...which was frequently. in 2000, those teams decided to not throw away points as often and it meant jordan and the rest couldn't capitalise i guess. they probably would've won a couple of races if their cars didnt break; trulli at monaco for instance.

i remember frentzen saying in an interview at melbourne in 2001 how he reckoned he had a great chance of the winning the championship...

the incident and fallout at hockenheim hurt the team badly i think, honda sucked in 2002, sato writing off chassis after chassis, jordan himself took his eye off the ball and delegated roles to other people when he should've done them himself...and of course the vodafone case didnt help.

it's a sad decline and a sorry end to what was once a great little team.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2005 08:58AM by Red_Bull.
Date: October 18, 2005 09:07AM
Posted by: matthewjohnson
The team tried to grow to quickly. In 1998-99, it had 2 successful season and after the near miss of 1999 Eddie Jordan wanted to win, so he took on extra staff, thinking that was the only way, but there is no point having extra staff if you don't know what to do with them
Date: October 18, 2005 09:18AM
Posted by: marcl
all your pics are at the start of the race where trulli would quali well and drop back just like this year and other years.

1999 they done well it was a good car.

the 2000 and 2001 car broke down near the end of gps far to much and thats what cost them points. Then they lost the honda engine that spelt the end for them simple as that.
Date: October 19, 2005 09:41PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
The 2000 car was so reliably bad because EJ ordered that the car be pushed to it's technical limit. The result was the reliability problems that plagued Frentzen's and Trulli's car. Frentzen was nearly in tears when he got his podium at US 2000, because in 1999 he was a championship contender and in 2000 he was nowhere.

Mind you, Jordan were nowhere near as bad as Prost in 2000. They had reliability problems coming out of their arses!
Date: October 19, 2005 10:44PM
Posted by: Alex@[GP]
i miss jordon :';(
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy