Speed Channel On Jenson Button....

Posted by Jagdpanzer 
Re: Speed Channel On Jenson Button....
Date: October 18, 2005 12:53PM
Posted by: J i m
I am a Button supporter, mainly because in many ways I'm a patriotic supporter, yes I'm English.

Is he over rated? By some yes, mostly by the ITV crew and the Fleet Street media, although former Brit drivers seem to have a fair comparison of him, Brundle seems pretty clued up and probably the most balanced and fair appraisal of him, Jacket Stewart certianly knows what he is talking about to.

Is he capable of winning Grandprix?, probably yes he's got the driving ability, fittness etc. But he isn't there yet mainly because (and forget his cars) he hasn't actually won anything in F1 yet apart from taking 2 pole positions. As yet he doesn't really know how to win a Grandprix. Is he capble of winning the championship? in the right car and the right year then probably yes he could probably become a champion, but certianly not a multi champion like we'd expect Alonso and Riakkonen to become imo.

Is he over hyped? silly question ofcourse he is, ITV pump up something horrendous, he only has to qualify 5th and Jim Rosenthal and James Allen would be rubbing their hands together basically saying that Button was about to win. Overhyping.

Are SpeedTv correct? Very probably yes.
Date: October 18, 2005 01:36PM
Posted by: marcl
if rs, trulli etc can win races then so can button
Date: October 18, 2005 04:04PM
Posted by: danm
b-tone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BAR in 2004 were the first team to finish second
> without winning a race since 1961. some record
> eh?

didnt damon hill do so in an Arrows in 1997?

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: October 18, 2005 04:06PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
He means finish 2nd in the championship i belive.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 18, 2005 04:15PM
Posted by: tripleM
"Jenson Button will be champion one day!"

wonder if this thread will ever be revisited ;-)

Date: October 18, 2005 04:20PM
The day he retires so we can say haha? :P

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 18, 2005 06:04PM
Posted by: b-tone
yeah, BAR got 2nd in constructors with no wins.
its only been done in 52, 57 and 61 previously.
although those guys had less than half the races to do it in ;-)

____
Tony

Date: October 18, 2005 07:22PM
Posted by: Echo1
> I do realise that, but thats nothing compared to
> the bullshit your blatently making up in this
> thread. You've spent the entire thead saying its
> just me who doesnt like Button when the thread was
> posted about Speed TV not liking him, and many
> many people in this thread have stated they dont
> like him
>
> If you have a problem with me, fine, i couldnt
> give a @#$%&, but stop acting like its just me who
> thinks Jensons a spolit little @#$%& because many
> people have said it on this forum alone. What you
> say about me, and what your sig says is a
> contradictions. Theres a reason nobody else is
> sticking up for Jenson, just you have yet to work
> it out.

>
>
What BS is that, then? When did I say it was just you? My sig says it all. You're most virbal when it comes to JB bashing it seems. I don't give a rat's ass if JB is a spoiled little prick - it's his driving that I'm interested in (as with all the others). Do I rant on about Kimi's drinking and whatnot or Ralfs tabloid exploits? No, cause they are paid to entertain us with their driving. JB has done a decent job in his short career.

Oh, and look at how many posts ARE sticking up for him. More than you'd like, I'm guessing...

Date: October 18, 2005 07:41PM
What BS is that, then? When did I say it was just you?

\/

Posted by: Echo1 (IP Logged)
Date: October 17, 2005 07:22PM

Face it Dave. You don't like Button. Any opportunity to slate him and you're multi-posting. Fine, you don't think the guy is top notch but that's your opinion only.

Looking back at this thread, its not only my opinion, its Jagdpanzer, Nemesis78, abcdefg, Red_Bulls, Lemmings (apparently), tripleM (apparently) and J i m (to a certain extent), SpeedTVs. Without having to look at other threads, i can tell you its also Vaders. My opinion only? Far far from it

Im also not the only person to multiple post in this thread like you imply.

No, cause they are paid to entertain us with their driving.

no there not. There paid to win races and championships. What races are you watching where the drivers drive purely for entertainment?

Oh, and look at how many posts ARE sticking up for him. More than you'd like, I'm guessing...

Look how many posts ARNET sticking up for him. More than you'd like im guessing...

Your not even bothering answering anything anyone says!

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2005 07:42PM by DaveEllis.
Date: October 18, 2005 09:18PM
look come on guys, each arguement has two sides.

something as inconclusive as this will not be settled until the day jenson hangs up his helmet.

Date: October 18, 2005 10:55PM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
DrDougal Wrote:
> Jenson Button will be champion one day!

Yeah, just not in F1! Maybe he will go on to DTM, or win LeMans or something, but F1? Are you serious?

BTW boys, if Button is such a damn good driver, why did he consistently lose position in almost every race he ran this year? Just look at the most recent,i.e. China. The idea is to go forward, not fall back several spots from where you qualify. If Button ever figures that out he might just get his win....

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: October 18, 2005 11:34PM
Posted by: chet
haha!

lol and you say u watch f1? wtf.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2005 11:36PM by chet.
Date: October 18, 2005 11:46PM
Posted by: Sauber89
Jagdpanzer can you please refrain from commentating on jenson because you talk so spitefully about him that its not even worth reading come back in 2006 with a balanced view please

Date: October 19, 2005 12:19AM
lol, why should he?

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 19, 2005 12:37AM
lol @ ellis

many drivers have made many mistakes before winning races and becoming even a champion. look at those who doubted mansell, and what about jean alesi hype?

button did a blindingly good debut in 2000 in an average williams, the most impressive being spa. schummi senior did something similar in 1991, and the jordan 191 wasnt that much of a rubbish car, it was pretty quick for a new entrant compared to other slower cars.

of all buttons cars so far, only one has been able to deliver good results consistently, wouldnt you agree?

if not write your argument below. explain what other cars he was able of winning races, and where he could have but his own personal skills and mistake lost him the race... benetton wasnt even CLOSE!

if you do agree that hes had only one car capable of winning, more than likely that car would be the BAR006!

and what did he do of it? well countless podiums and seconds. darn, second place, not a win. but when you consider the winner in most of those other cases where jense could have won, it was a mr michael schumacher.

the same mr michael schumacher who has 7 titles under his belt, and whose 2004 season was so dominatrix, youd expect your own mum to causally own bondage gear. the man gave a new meaning to ownage.

so button hasnt won yet. hes come close. very close. the only thing denying him in 2004 was the man who nobody else could beat.

button was best of the rest. schumacher never won a grand prix in the 5th best car on the grid. dont expect jenson either!!

yes hes hyped, yes he's british.
give him the goods and we will deliver, 2004 proved that.
(unless a ridiculously reliable ferrari is in the way)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2005 12:40AM by danm.
Date: October 19, 2005 12:47AM
there no point saying his only chance was 04 because then some1 will go and say they cheated. just to put him down even more :)

Date: October 19, 2005 02:52AM
button did a blindingly good debut in 2000 in an average williams

You just proved my point. Blindingly good? Come on. It wasnt that good. It was good, but you make it sound like he shook the very foundations of F1, which didnt happen.

of all buttons cars so far, only one has been able to deliver good results consistently, wouldnt you agree?

if not write your argument below. explain what other cars he was able of winning races, and where he could have but his own personal skills and mistake lost him the race... benetton wasnt even CLOSE!

Sorry if i dont understand what you mean here (i may have misread or just dont understand or whatever), but what your saying is, if the cars are consistant they are race winners? Only 1 car he has had has been capeable of winning a race, but all but 1 were good cars (the Benetton being a bucket of shite, but even so Fisi pissed all over Jenson that season).

so button hasnt won yet. hes come close. very close. the only thing denying him in 2004 was the man who nobody else could beat.

Button was best of the rest. schumacher never won a grand prix in the 5th best car on the grid. dont expect jenson either!!

There you go again! MASSIVE overhype! Thats not facts! Thats not even close to facts! Thats wrong information used to make Jenson look better than he is! Nobody else could beat Schumacher in 2004? Trulli (Monaco), Kimi (Belgium), Rubens (Monza, China) and Montoya (Brazil) all beat Schumacher in 2004. And Rubens was actually "Best Of the Rest". Jenson was 3rd.

And no, he hasnt come close, not very close. Hes never been close to winng a GP. Coming 2nd is not close to winning a GP. No GP has he been good enough to win. Monaco was his best bet when Schumacher was taken out, but Trulli easily out preformed him to the point where he backed off knowing Jenson couldnt pass him.

button was best of the rest. schumacher never won a grand prix in the 5th best car on the grid. dont expect jenson either!!

Schumacher, and alot of other drivers however did win races with the 2nd, 3rd, 4th best cars on the grid. Jenson hasnt

yes hes hyped, yes he's british.

...so what are you arguing about then!? You spend the entire time telling me how good he is then say he IS hyped!? Nobody has said hes crap. Theres a MASSIVE difference between overhyped and crap, but unfortunatly it seems Jenson Button fans dont know the difference yet!

Crap = crap
overhyped = not as good people say. This in no way or form says hes BAD.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 19, 2005 07:33AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
chet Wrote:
> haha!
>
> lol and you say u watch f1? wtf.
>

Apparently I watch it a little closer than you do:

Button 2005

Australia - started:8 finished:11

Malaysia - started: 9 DNF

Bahrain - started: 11 DNF

San Marino - started: 3 Disqualified

Spain - Disqualified

Monaco - Disqualified

European - started: 13 finished 10

Canadian - started: 1 DNF

United States - started: 3 DNF

French - started: 7 finished: 4

British - started: 2 finished 5

German - started: 2 finished 3

Hungarian - started: 8 finished: 5

Turkish - started 13 finished: 5

Italian - started: 3 finished: 8

Belgian - started: 8 finished: 3

Brazil - started: 4 finished: 7

Japan - started: 2 finished 5

China - started: 4 finished: 8

In case you missed it, not counting Button's 3 disqualifications due to BAR's cheating, and also not counting Button's 4 DNF's due to mechanical failure, in 7 of the remaining races he finished lower than he qualified. His only decent drives the entire year were at Turkey and Spa.

Which illustrates what I have said about Button all along. He's a career middle of the pack driver. Always has been, always will be. Doesn't matter which car he drives, he simply isn't talented enough to win, much less deserve a contract the size of what the idiots at BAR offered him. And next season after Rubino makes a monkey of him, BAR will wish they never heard of Button.

BTW, today I found another interesting tidbit on Button

[www.f1racing.net]

Stewart backs Barrichello to beat Button

"Rubens Barrichello will probably have the edge on 'Honda' teammate Jenson Button in 2006. That's the belief of triple world champion Sir Jackie Stewart, who ran Barrichello - the 33-year-old Brazilian who switches from Ferrari - at his own team in the nineties.

The Scot told the Mail on Sunday: ''I think Rubens is much more together right now. Rubens has got the peripheral lifestyle right and he has won races, so he has broken that barrier. Rubens knows how to be world champion.''"

Poor old Jens......

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: October 19, 2005 08:52AM
also in that interview he mentoined about button

"I rate Jenson very highly as a driver but I think Rubens is much more together right now."

AND...

When asked when he thought Button, who has started 100 GPs, would win a race he answered: "It is just a matter of when but I don

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2005 08:53AM by chet.
Date: October 19, 2005 11:34AM
Posted by: tripleM
arguing over Button,whatever next?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy