Re: JAMES ALLEN
Date: August 07, 2003 03:46PM
Posted by: Pooky
he wrote about michael schumacher

and in it, there is a photo of him interviewing a famous driver in 1993

Date: August 07, 2003 03:47PM
Posted by: andrew_S
yeah, i remember that, it was on midday saturday, here! (midlands) and in 94, he actually wrote mansells auto bio, i think, with mansell assisting, not mansell with allan assisting, i think he also worked for brabham, and a couple of other teams that slip my memory, as press officer

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: August 07, 2003 04:33PM
Posted by: LS.
Hes often on talksport on a friday during mike rutherfords motorshow from 12.....................

and that prick mike rutherford always refers to JA as "the voice of formula 1"

that really pisses me off, i know it should'nt but it does.

There is only one and always will be only voice of F1 and thats murray walker

i think mike rutherford is also doing a great disservice to martin brundle with that comment too.

James allen is nothing compared to murray and martin brundle

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: August 07, 2003 04:38PM
Posted by: Todays_Horse
LOL i have to laugh at Mike rutherford sometimes, he really doesnt think before he speaks. 'Friend of the show' voice of formula one' etc

Hawksbee and Jacobs!! Porky and Brazil back monday!

'The beak of Ayrton Senna's chicken is pulling ahead!' ~ Murray Walker
Date: August 07, 2003 04:40PM
Posted by: Ellis
Martin Brundle is the voice of Forumla one.

James just lets the words flow out. Martins tight trousers anyone?

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: August 07, 2003 04:57PM
Posted by: LS.
Porky and Brazil back monday!

sung to the tune of dj otzi's hey baby

Heyyyyyyyyyyyy, heyyyyyyyyy porky ooohhh aahhhh!!!

i wanna knowwoahaoaoah who ate all the pies !!!

and their other rendition, a take on wake me up before you go go by wham

wake me up before the show al, think i need another bacon roll pal etc.....................

excellent stuff :)

i once had an email read out by richard kaufmann when he was lambasting F1 for being boring last year when ferrari were dominating everything and fixing the results

richard had simon taylor on from autosport and he agreed with all my points about impoving F1 :)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: August 07, 2003 05:09PM
Posted by: Todays_Horse
Nice one. I love the new trail about beaky and 'the boy cascarino'............................hoooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrssssssssseeeee!

Ive texted hawksbee and jacobs that much i gave up. Never been read out once! Richard Kaufman never had a good word to say about F1, But this Bill Young bloke seems to follow it.

I think weve strayed a little off topic here, but so what! Im enjoying the daily updates from Rhyll, North Wales..........

'The beak of Ayrton Senna's chicken is pulling ahead!' ~ Murray Walker
Date: August 07, 2003 06:32PM
Posted by: Zcott
The thing about James Allen is that he's been "brought up" to be a journalist, if you like. He's a natural commentator, because he's been doing that kind of thing for years. Martin, on the other hand, had to learn how to commentate. And he's done a fantastic job. I don't think Martin could lead the commentary duo, and James couldn't do the technical aspects (have you noticed how wrong he gets things sometimes?), but I'd rather have Martin stay and James be replaced with someone who doesn't want to dumb things down.

Date: August 07, 2003 06:34PM
Posted by: Ellis
Im getting sick of every qualifying James epxlaining the rules and every race james expalining the tyre situation

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: August 07, 2003 08:09PM
Posted by: kit-kat
James allen is pish!!!!!!!

talks a load of **** that has nothing to do with the race!!!

could be a big pile up & he's talking about b.a.r testing or something like that!!!!

martin has to then go in over him & tell the viewers what's happing in the RACE!!!!!

seen it happen a couple of times!

I thought he would be perfect to replace murry as he was doing a very good job in the pit's side, didn't listen to him last year as i had f1 digi with Bed Edwards & john watson they 2 only talked about what was happening on screen with times between drivers ect

only thing that was crap about f1 digi was the price @ £12 a race all though they done a half term ticket for £50 & Perry McCarthy & Jeremy Hart who were total plonkers!!! :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUIT DREAMING THIS IS REAL LIFE BABY!!!
Date: August 08, 2003 12:32AM
Posted by: norseS4
Being a comentator can't be that easy, can it? Remember, they are not there only for you guys that knows "everything" about the sport. The majority of the viewers don't know very much/ watching for the first time, and the reason for repeating the qualifying rules every race-weekend is for that part of the audience.

As I'm not living in britain / watching the british tv, so I don't know about this particullar guy. But the commentators on our ( Norwegian) broadcasts do the same kind of commentating I guess. Every race repeating much of the same things, like qual-rules, tyre situation etc., and it's ok considering the audience they have. There is only a handfull of F1 "experts" compared to the majority.

Give the guy some slack, put yourself in his headset and imagine transponding to some millions which are not regular pit-lane walkers

Date: August 08, 2003 02:05AM
Posted by: _Alex_
New fans are always tuning in to watch races, so technical aspects have to be explained over and over. Frustrating for the die-hards, but hey.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: August 08, 2003 02:11AM
Posted by: Pooky
1053 - 1089 Talksport

hehe. great stuff!

Date: August 08, 2003 02:14AM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
I wonder of anyone's up to the challenge of recording their own race commentary. At the worst it would be a good laugh for the rest of us.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy