Button and Brundle

Posted by Sauber89 
Button and Brundle
Date: October 09, 2005 01:09PM
Posted by: Sauber89
Noiced on the grid walk today that jenson made a comment to martin to being up at the front which annoyed me a bit and got me thinking brundle never won a gp will jenson? your opinions please

Re: Button and Brundle
Date: October 09, 2005 01:11PM
Posted by: Lemming
i thought button sounded like a drunken yob, really arrogant and i wanted to slap him

Date: October 09, 2005 01:21PM
Posted by: IWE
BAR havent ever won anything so it wont be easy.. But he will win!

Finnish F1 commentator did compare him to Alonso and Raikkonen but it wasnt fair because McLaren And Renault/benetton have won everything and BAR nothing..

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: October 09, 2005 05:46PM
Posted by: Red_Bull
its not as if they havent had chances either. even in 2004, renault, williams and mclaren still won races. i think the 2005 bar is worthy of grand prix wins...if schumacher was driving, i'd expect that car to be a winner by now. suzuka was a golden opportunity to bring home a win and they lost it. i seriously doubt whether button and bar have the goods to win a race, let alone championships (plural)...
Date: October 09, 2005 05:56PM
Posted by: Advong
Button will win a race, but I'm starting to think it will only be one or two, perhaps he will be the next alesi.
Date: October 09, 2005 06:42PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
Advong Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Button will win a race, but I'm starting to think
> it will only be one or two, perhaps he will be the
> next alesi.

alesi was soooo much more talented though [see Pheonix 1990]
he just made a stupid decision in 1991 joining ferrari instead of williams
Date: October 09, 2005 07:18PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Ir BAR dont win the next GP, that means they never won a race in there entire lifespan. Despite the constant claims about winning races...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 09, 2005 07:20PM
Posted by: Stan
yeah and butthead will have lost the chance to score the team first ever win

Date: October 09, 2005 07:23PM
Posted by: Alex13
not stupid. It just didnt work out. But Alesi was deffinetly better than Button, and Jean on the wet... ;) class. JB is just another typical british driver who the lack of many good new drivers and lack of any good British drivers has given him a lot better fortune than he probably deserves(ed). Am i wrong? Well, we'll just have to wait and see.

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: October 09, 2005 07:24PM
Posted by: chet
ppl who think they can win this season are just dumb. like me :)

even in Kimi or Shumi was driving they would be in no better position.

if they can win they would have done it by now.

a win will come for sure for both parties.. the question is when.

and if he won a race this season it will be because both Renaults and Mclarens are at the back.. get stuck... and BAR have a weekend like Turkey.

Again in China he will be 4th or 5th.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: October 09, 2005 07:27PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
even in Kimi or Shumi was driving they would be in no better position.

I dont agree. If Alonso, Kimi or Schumacher had been driving the 2nd best car for most of the 2004 season you can put money on one of them would have won a race. Button just isnt up to the task of winning IMO. He has never shown anything to say he is. He talks about winning championships, he talks about winning races, but hes never been good enough on the day, not by a long shot.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 09, 2005 08:17PM
Posted by: tripleM
"he just made a stupid decision in 1991 joining ferrari instead of williams"

And his true level showed.

Wonder what people will think of Button 5 years after he'd left the F1 building?

Date: October 09, 2005 11:34PM
DaveEllis Wrote:
> even in Kimi or Shumi was driving they would be in
> no better position.
>
> I dont agree. If Alonso, Kimi or Schumacher had
> been driving the 2nd best car for most of the 2004
> season you can put money on one of them would have
> won a race. Button just isnt up to the task of
> winning IMO. He has never shown anything to say he
> is. He talks about winning championships, he talks
> about winning races, but hes never been good
> enough on the day, not by a long shot.
>

oh... 2004.. i thought they meant 05...

maybey shumi.. possibly Kimi..but would have been hard..

Date: October 09, 2005 11:57PM
Posted by: Vader
Schumacher has won championships in the second best car, Alosno has now won a championship in a second best car and Kimi almost became champ in 03 in second best car. Button hasn't even managed to win a race.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: October 10, 2005 12:07AM
i wont lie and say JB is better than those 3 drivers.. but then i imo dont think any1 else is as good. well apart from JPM.. so its Kimi, Shumi, Alonso and JPM.. but thats my opinion. and yes he really does need to win a race soon or his status will drop i think.

Date: October 10, 2005 12:10AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Button is an ass. He started up front in this race, had all his quicker rivals at the back of the grid for almost the entire race, and still managed to do no better than fifth, even though he had the 3rd quickest car on the grid.

Button is fast closing in on 100 starts without a win.... yet people still make excuses for him. Button is simply the most overrated, and overpaid driver in F1 history.....

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: October 10, 2005 12:31AM
Posted by: Ferrari_Fuhrer
Vader Wrote:
> Schumacher has won championships in the second
> best car, Alosno has now won a championship in a
> second best car and Kimi almost became champ in 03
> in second best car. Button hasn't even managed to
> win a race.

Alonso had won a championship is the second fastest car. He won it because his car is virtually bullet-proof, and Kimi Raikonnen's, despite being clearly faster, is not. Raikonnen may have the faster car, but it doesn't make it better. If it suffers serious reliability issues, it's not the best. Alonso's car has been the best, becuase it has had the necessary speed, but also bulletproof reliability.

We shouldn't automatically assume the fastest is 'the best'.

[Website]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2005 01:52AM by Ferrari_Fuhrer.
Date: October 10, 2005 12:42AM
Posted by: Muks_C
We should automatically assume the fastest is 'the best'.

I assume you mean "We shouldn't...."

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: October 10, 2005 01:51AM
Posted by: Ferrari_Fuhrer
Yes, I do, well spotted!

[Website]
Date: October 10, 2005 08:12AM
Posted by: b-tone
kimi and alonso come from 17th to the podium whereas once again all button can do is drift backwards.

i wont lie and say JB is better than those 3 drivers.. but then i imo dont think any1 else is as good. well apart from JPM.. so its Kimi, Shumi, Alonso and JPM

coulthard, barrichello, fisichella, trulli, ralf, villeneuve are all better because they've managed to cross the barrier and win a race. a bunch of podiums is no good if you can't go a step further. and then the likes of hedfeld, webber(?), massa, who haven't had chance of winning yet so who knows about them.
for me button is in the top 12 at most. or 15.

although i'm sure honda will do everything *winkwink nudgenudge check the gas tank* to get wins next year.

____
Tony

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy