Is this allowed ?

Posted by jawwad01 
Is this allowed ?
Date: August 05, 2003 03:13AM
Posted by: jawwad01
Just read on f1live.com

williams planning to use Team orders only if One of the driver cant win the championship Numerically.

Post Edited (08-05-03 10:14)
Re: Is this allowed ?
Date: August 05, 2003 03:27AM
Posted by: Sete Gibernau
No it's not allowed.
Ferrari will be very angry if it is allowed by the FIA because it is one of the new rules.
And Ferrari couldn't use them anymore!

Remember the legends
Date: August 05, 2003 03:28AM
Posted by: DS2k3
yep dont see any1 blowing off at williams but if that was ferrari this thread will be filled wif bad stuff.

Ferrari forever
Date: August 05, 2003 03:40AM
this time its not ferrari:)

Date: August 05, 2003 03:51AM
sorry, the same Kind of thread was posted before which i didnt notice , so pls dont mind.

Date: August 05, 2003 03:56AM
Posted by: stevewaller
Williams will not deliberately perform team orders on the track (unlike Ferrari!) what they mean i think is that they will run the second car on different strategies to give the car track position so they can control the race. A bit like what Ferrari are doing to Rubens at the moment (ie. putting him on soft tyres for qualy to get up the front of the grid)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jenson Button and BAR..........Watch them fly in 2004
Date: August 05, 2003 04:09AM
Posted by: rayg
Second car will be Assisting the other! thats differnt to team orders and they will only do that when it is mathmatically impossible for one of there drivers to win the champ!

Team orders is one thing but thats why they run 2 cars in a team so they can help each other out!

Same as barrachello in Germany. They were hopeing to have him at the front to slow the pace down to MS could stay in touch, no orders just assistance!
Date: August 05, 2003 04:37AM
Posted by: andrew_S
well, team orders it is, but team orders used in the correct surcumstances also, i.e with 4 races to go, not 12 or whatever, and not making your teammate move over every race every year for the last 10 years, people really should learn (and fia) where team orders are acceptable or not, for example irvine at suzuka 97 (i think), or schumacher helping irvine in 99, whats not acceptable is people moving over for there teammate 4 races into a season, and in such crude circumstance

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: August 05, 2003 04:41AM
Posted by: stevewaller
good point andrew ;)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jenson Button and BAR..........Watch them fly in 2004
Date: August 05, 2003 05:29AM
Posted by: Abstraction
yeah, a 6 race ban on team orders :p

Andrew. Australia.
Date: August 05, 2003 06:05AM
Posted by: matthewp
Williams will not deliberately perform team orders on the track (unlike Ferrari!) what they mean i think is that they will run the second car on different strategies to give the car track position so they can control the race. A bit like what Ferrari are doing to Rubens at the moment (ie. putting him on soft tyres for qualy to get up the front of the grid)

exactly, plus once Ralf is mathematically out of the championship then if he's running ahead of Juan Pablo and he's got any sense at all with regards to safegaurding his future at Williams he would let JPM through without the need for team orders which would be legal

Date: August 05, 2003 06:13AM
Posted by: b-tone
and if he wants number 2 next year :)

____
Tony

Date: August 05, 2003 06:15AM
Posted by: Abstraction
i sirously doubt that :P

Andrew. Australia.
Date: August 05, 2003 06:18AM
Ralf is already Back 10 places in the next race.

Date: August 05, 2003 06:50AM
Posted by: Ellis
Williams (and McLaren) only use team rders when its impossible for the oher driver to win - fair enough. Ferrari just are biast from race 1 to race 17

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: August 05, 2003 07:26AM
Posted by: Mark
i don't think it matters whether it's race 1 or 16 if you are against team orders then you can't suddenly decide that's it's ok cause montoya has a chance of winning the championship.

you either agree with them or you don't,and i seriously can't see ralf helping montoya out with he doesn't get along with,he'd rather his brother win than help montoya so don't count on ralf with this he better move over **** why should he,if i was writing i expect rubens to move over for ms i'd be criticised for it.

if you praise your team in other threads for allowing them to race,in this you expect ralf to help.
Date: August 05, 2003 07:37AM
Posted by: b-tone
f1 is a team sport.
you can't expect beckham to not be allowed to pass to figo, can you?
if ralf ignored his teamate and helped his bro, then williams would sack him and noone else would hire him.
if ralf cant win then he should help his teamate.
austria last year was a joke as ms had already won 4 from 5, and the title was thiers.

____
Tony

Date: August 05, 2003 08:00AM
Posted by: LS.
saying and doing are 2 different things

itv-f1

Patrick Head has admitted that Williams may ask one of their drivers to

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: August 05, 2003 08:03AM
Posted by: LS.
in response to ferrari trying to get rubens to hold everyone up in the gp at hockenehim

There was some suggestion that Ferrari switched Barrichello

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: August 05, 2003 08:19AM
Posted by: Mark
at the end of the day if they are going to call team orders one driver assisting the other it is still the same thing,so are you telling me that if ralf is winning or in front of montoya at the us gp for instance they would swap positions cause it sounds the same thing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy