is this true??????

Posted by LS. 
Re: is this true??????
Date: August 04, 2003 09:33AM
Posted by: Pooky
i just dont see how they can remove the british grand prix!!!

its a very historical track, 7 teams are based in uk, uk is really the centre of motorsport in the world, look at f3000, f1 teams etc.

even oversees teams employ british engineers

also it never provides a boring race, and they have just spent loads on it to improve the entry rods etc.

also, i reckon all this pressure from bernie and max is not because they want to get rid of it, its because they want to see there home country as having the best gp of them all

remember - bernie and max are british!

Date: August 04, 2003 04:17PM
Posted by: Muks_C
Its stupid having a tobacco ban in some countries and not in others. It should be one way or the other. I am a Ferrari fan but I don't go and buy Marlboros everytime I see the cars on the tv. In the uk they have to have non-tobacco liveries, but what about when we watch races from other countries. We are still seeing the same tobacco adverts.
Date: August 04, 2003 04:28PM
Posted by: Piranha
With China and Bahrain and Spa coming into the calendar we will have way too many rounds for next year. SO logically one or two of the circuits will have to go! Now everyone wont be satisfied by the outcome but hey thats F1!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I live to eat and eat to live!
Date: August 05, 2003 02:06AM
Posted by: _Alex_
SO logically one or two of the circuits will have to go!

Yes but they don't have to go and give one of the best circuits the chop!

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: August 05, 2003 02:25AM
Posted by: Pooky
i will eat my hat if they get rid of silverstone

it is all a ploy from max and bernie to force the government and BRDC to spend more money and get the circuit to world class status like Sepang

and thats what they r doing - build new pits/media/race control/medical etc. complex - state of the art

plus improving signage and internal roads etc.

Date: August 05, 2003 02:32AM
Posted by: Sete Gibernau
I know this sounds weird to you guys but I think that when the British GP will be held at Donington it would be great.

Bernie Eclestone and Max Mosley are soon going the check the Donington circuit. It's true.

For those who understand Dutch you can check this at www.RTLGrandprix.nl

Remember the legends
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy