jim rosentile

Posted by marcl 
Re: jim rosentile
Date: September 30, 2005 05:19PM
Posted by: Nemesis78
Steve Rider has compered at various Car launches over the years. He knows his stuff.

Peter Windsor - As above, the biggest "ooh ooh Michael I'll lick your boots clean" monkey ever to write in F1 racing.

Oh and I honestly dont hate James Allen either. I think most people just think "Its not Murray" and hate him for that. If it had been Ben Edwards you'd all of hated him too.

I have far more important things to worry about in my life than James Allen, who can, for his sins, at least talk with knowledge about F1. Which is all I want him to do on a Sunday afternoon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2005 09:07PM by Nemesis78.
Date: September 30, 2005 06:35PM
Posted by: Wirah
Ryder has signed a contract with ITV, it is unknown whether he will present the F1.

Date: September 30, 2005 07:35PM
Posted by: Pooky
in autosport it says steve rider will replace jim.

so it pretty much done.

also, it says jim has signed lucrative contract to present football
Date: September 30, 2005 09:09PM
Jim Rosenthal never seemed like he was interested in F1. Even from the beginning. But at least I laugh at him, when he tries to interview Bernie and trip him up.

Bernies far too smart for him!
Date: October 03, 2005 04:21PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
I think that Martin Brundle's the best interviewer of the lot; him and Louise Goodman. I won't forget Martin finding Bernie on the grid at Indianapolis 2005 and interviewing him 10 mins before the race. They were there for about 2 mins and there was a massive crowd of people around the two.

Mind you, I'm glad that ITV have sorted the adverts problem out. In 1998 they got their knuckles seriously rapped when Schumacher went out with a puncture during the ads. Understandably.

On a separate note, anybody know where I can get the music that was used before the current one? I don't know what it was called, and it was quite good!
Date: October 03, 2005 04:29PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
its a bas solo in the midle of "The Chain - Fleetwood Mac" not a great song, but really cool ending!

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: October 03, 2005 05:55PM
turkey_machine Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think that Martin Brundle's the best interviewer
> of the lot; him and Louise Goodman.

Sorry!

Haver you bumped your head recently. Lousie Goodman is terrible!
Date: October 03, 2005 10:26PM
Posted by: Lemming
but Martin Brundle is the best so that makes up for the rest of the comment being wrong ;)

Date: October 04, 2005 06:52AM
Posted by: Red_Bull
angus scott did a good job at belgium i thought. not being a regular viewer of the ITV coverage i dont know who jim rosenthal is or what he's like, but angus scott did ok.

james allen is fine, stop paying him out. i'd like to see you get up there and commentate for 2 hours

"err.....schumacher passes alonso..........umm......yeah, pretty good move.....now err...raikkonens leading by.........4 seconds.....yeah..ahh..."

Date: October 04, 2005 12:20PM
Martin made a comment a while back that it's really difficult to say things without repeating yourself after 10 minutes. Given the amount of stuff he knows, I think he does a cracking job!

Sorry!

Haver you bumped your head recently. Lousie Goodman is terrible!
She ain't that bad. Some of the pre-race interviews that she does with the drivers are quite interesting.

Date: October 04, 2005 01:46PM
Posted by: montana_uk
Yay! I read about this a few days ago - [www.grandprix.com]

I can't wait to see the back of "Boring Jim" - Maybe I can get my girlfriend to take an interest in the races now, as Jim used to put her to sleep :)

I don't know how Steve Rider will do, as I've not really watched him doing Motorsport (been that long now, since BBC lost it). I only really saw how he handled Imola '94, but most of the time, I caught coverages after they had transferred from the BBC studio to the races.

Here's hoping it will be a good move though. Who will we see this weekend at Suzuka? I can't wait to find out!!

Laters,

Montana_UK
Date: October 05, 2005 05:14PM
Posted by: Muks_C
@ Turkey_Machine, go here for the tv intro's:

[hosting.pchost4u.co.uk]

my favourite one is the '97 ITV one with the black Texaco F1 car and the music done by Jamiroquai.

even the 2000 music was better than the current one.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: October 05, 2005 05:24PM
Posted by: Zcott
I think all the ITV intros are rubbish. The music is terrible and there's just far too much going on to make it interesting.

No, I don't know what I'd do if I had to create the intro but one thing is sure - I would cut down on the amount of intros necessary. First we have the ITV Sport intro, then the LG intro, then the ITV-F1 intro, and then the circuit intro (with the fast grainy video and thumping music) and THEN we have some interesting talking. Why so many?

Date: October 05, 2005 05:38PM
Posted by: Lemming
just an simple F1 logo would do it (maybe with the noise of a car going past or something), for about 5 seconds, then go straight to the thing...we don't need to see the same thing repeated every time f1 is on to know that f1 is on!

Date: October 05, 2005 06:16PM
Posted by: mikef1
Sounds like how the BBC used to do it, simple, unpretentious and classy.
Date: October 06, 2005 11:38AM

even the 2000 music was better than the current one.

Yeah, that's the one I want to hear again. That was the best ITV one IMHO. Though the BBC one with the Fleetwood Mac was good as well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy