Ralf SPOILER

Posted by matthewp 
Re: Ralf SPOILER
Date: August 04, 2003 11:46AM
Posted by: genesis
I'm surprised how many of you feel that it was just a racing incident! Ralf got a poor start and then wanted to have the perfect line into turn one as some sort of compensation - it was never going to happen! He nudged Barrichello into Raikkonen, and nearly caused very serious injury to Raikkonen. Vaguely similar to what Michael did in 2000, when he all but blocked Fisichella and both were eliminated on the spot.

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: August 04, 2003 08:29PM
Posted by: Hitchhiker
which driver would that be LS? lol

Date: August 04, 2003 09:33PM
Posted by: chrislewis
Marcl, I dont see why you keep thinking that Rubens didnt back off. In another thread I showed you a quote from him saying that he broke. After seeing the incident again you can see Rubens slow down before the impact.

You must have a camera in the car which nobody else has showing that he had his foot on the pedal at the time. Either that or your just throwing out blame.
Date: August 04, 2003 11:19PM
Posted by: b-tone
you think rubens would say 'yeah i didnt brake, and tried to take out monty, ralf and kimi so micheal can win'
rubens saw kimi on his left, and jinked alittle to the right, and got the wobbles, while ralf was drifting left.
then they hit.
and he did seem to jump forward a bit - ie ralf braked rubens didnt.

lets wait for the telemetry :)

____
Tony

Date: August 04, 2003 11:49PM
Posted by: chrislewis
I dont think that theyll release telemetry. But it was Ralf, not Rubens or Kimi who were penalized. Either way it was a mistake from all concerned.
Date: August 05, 2003 05:13AM
Posted by: Abstraction
I think the FIA r **** Ups, punishing Ralf, If u watch all the other grand prix's , you'll see that the 2nd person will almost certainly turn onto the racing line, Ralf was unlucky this time, Kimi (i don't blame him) was too fast to slow down, it's also the 2nd time he has done sorta the same thing, remember spain?, Rubens did the right thing, to slow down.

So the only ppl really to blame is the FIA, which made the incident seem unfair :P.

Andrew. Australia.
Date: August 06, 2003 08:39AM
Posted by: Muks_C
The more I think about it I feel that Rubens could have done the most to avoid contact with both cars. He could see Ralf was coming across and Kimi was going past on the outside, so I therefore feel that although no-one should have been punished, Rubens should take most of the blame, and Ralf and Kimi are less to blame. Ralf would have had no idea where Kimi was, and Kimi would not be watching Ralf because he was concentrating on Rubens' car.

No punishments should have been awarded in my opinion, but most of the blame should go to Rubens.
Date: August 06, 2003 08:46AM
Posted by: Vader
I was there, I've seen it and I tell you: Ralf is to blame.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: August 06, 2003 08:52AM
i agree with Muks, and not with Vader. (although i don't disagree with you being there).
Rubens didnt see the Irishman, and HANZ gives him regular blackouts.
And ms probably has a joystick in his car that controls rubens

____
Tony

Date: August 06, 2003 08:55AM
I said Ralf was too blame simply because he is a Schumacher. Even if Ralf was sick at home I'd still say, slap him hard.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: August 07, 2003 03:01AM
u r biased man.

Andrew. Australia.
Date: August 07, 2003 03:09AM
Who said I was a man? I am a Demon, mortal.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: August 07, 2003 04:58AM
fine then, u r a bais 'demon mortal'.

Andrew. Australia.
Date: August 07, 2003 01:28PM
Posted by: Todays_Horse
Whos the irish man?

'The beak of Ayrton Senna's chicken is pulling ahead!' ~ Murray Walker
Date: August 07, 2003 01:42PM
Posted by: Ellis
they have not got a fuel tank big enough for no stops!

Actaully if they run lean they probably could because Mika Salo did it for Tyrell in 1997

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: August 07, 2003 01:47PM
Posted by: bigears
Yeah it was at Monaco

Whos the irish man?

Ralph Firman.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did your birth certificate come with an apology letter from Durex?
Date: August 07, 2003 01:50PM
Posted by: _Alex_
If the Williams appeal fails, they might have to run Gene at Hungary. That would be good news for Michael, but probably even better news for Montoya.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: August 07, 2003 02:31PM
Whos the irish man?

Irishman:

Rubens said:
If I tell you I never saw him would you believe me? I just saw that somebody said

____
Tony

Date: August 07, 2003 02:36PM
Posted by: Ellis
Why wud they run gene? That makes no sense

They can run Ralf and he might get in the points, of they can run gene, and ralf will defiantly not get any points

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: August 07, 2003 03:15PM
Posted by: Zcott
Ralf has slowly phased himself out of the championship hunt in the past few races. It would make sense for Williams to use the second car now as an opportunity for Constructors points, instead of helping Ralf's dwindling campaign for the title. So they could run Gené and not have to worry about Ralf's championship. Mind you, Ralf might not like that. And Ralf knows the track. Even if he starts from 11th, he could still do reasonably well!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy