"Sour Grapes for Mr Dennis"

Posted by Nemesis78 
Re: "Sour Grapes for Mr Dennis"
Date: September 26, 2005 11:27PM
Posted by: chet
lol..

my opinion massivley differs from yours ;)

i personally think f1 should go to him after Bernie.

He is clever, fair, knows whats best, and alot of things.

no doubt my frav team principle. :)

but saying he is stuck up well.. tbh so is Brawn and Todt, So is Nick Fry so are alot of ppl in f1. ;)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 26, 2005 11:30PM
Posted by: IceKimi
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> lol..
>
> my opinion massivley differs from yours
>
> i personally think f1 should go to him after
> Bernie.
>
> He is clever, fair, knows whats best, and alot of
> things.
>
> no doubt my frav team principle.
>
> but saying he is stuck up well.. tbh so is Brawn
> and Todt, So is Nick Fry so are alot of ppl in f1.
>
>

Well said chet

Team McLaren
Grand Prix entries:597 Wins:148 Pole Positions:122
Date: September 27, 2005 12:23AM
Posted by: LS.
I don't agree with that comment about Nick Fry, i had the pleasure of meeting him at Silverstone and he was one of the friendliest Team principals.

He stood and chatted for ages before he headed for the BAR pit.

What was stuck up was the guy who rather than walk in like the rest of the Team owners did chose to driver right up to gate and ignore all that teams fans

who was it?

A certain Mr Dennis.

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: September 27, 2005 12:24AM
Posted by: LS.
Patrick Head has alway spoken his mind :)

In contrast to Dennis

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: September 27, 2005 07:40AM
Posted by: marcl
i dont see anything wrong in what he said
Date: September 27, 2005 09:06AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Ove Andersson [sic] was amazing, the attention and time he devoted to the crowd at Indy was unimaginable. No one did what he did.

Anyways, Ron is speaking his mind here and I remember many people complaining at how the F1 people were boring and always went by the book. Well?

Ron has the right to grieve, but he must acknowledge his defeat by Alonso. The WDC is the result of what happens throughout the season, not a couple of races. I don't judge him by the first article, I think that's a bit of selective press work anyways.
Date: September 27, 2005 09:38AM
Posted by: b-tone
ooh, more bullshit english press :|

monty's kept kii very honest since he's been back,

what do you mean by back? since race 5 kimi has outscored monty 87-52. apart from brazil, the only 2 times montoya's beaten him have been when kimi's lost 10 spots (gb and italy)

no one here - not even mini mastroe - has any idea of the budgets the f1 teams play with. the only thing you could guarntee is that wahtever they tell you it is, is bs.

____
Tony

Date: September 27, 2005 09:44AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
What od you mean "bullshit english press"? I never said "beaten" keeping honest, if you're nopt aware means being close by, you know? That stands.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: September 27, 2005 10:09AM
Posted by: b-tone
bs press as in most of whats written in the uk.
dennis more or less said 'well done alonso, i'm pissed, i think my drivers are better than alonso'
not much wrong with that. fair enough to be annoyed not to win, especially when the potential is there. and i'd hope any team manager rates his drivers at the top.
i dont really think montoya and kimi have been in the same sphere this season. it was always going to be kimi going for first after monty had a break, and the two seemed to have worked together pretty well.
maybe next year will be different if mclaren can go into race 1 ready, rather than waiting for the 5th or 6th.
i dont think kimi has needed to be kept honest - he's pretty much had 100% performances for most of the season. montoya been a bit inconsistent, and gotten into trouble too often.
if anything kimi has shown montoya how it should be done, and basically montoya will have to better next year.

____
Tony

Date: September 27, 2005 10:26AM
Alonso did well in imola under pressure and the only other race he was under pressure was canada and he hit the wall the rest of the year he had 0 race pressure.

I still dont think he drove 100% all the time and to be honest he did not need to, the way the stupid points system is once u have a 20 point lead u can the take it easy.

So many times when it looked like kimi could get back on track the car would fail i.e imola, engine change in france engine change at gb break down in germany.
Date: September 27, 2005 12:05PM
Posted by: Ali
I'm amazed how can you make such an absolute statements without any real comparision
"...There's nothing wrong with Ron saying that Kimi is as good a driver as Alonso, because frankly he is..."
Date: September 27, 2005 12:53PM
same as people say ms is the greatest driver or prost of whoever.

U could only ever compair them if they were in the same car.

alonso has thrashed fissi this year 100% so we can say he is better than fissi but did fissi get the same help who knows as over the year benetton and renault were always accused of not giving equal equipment.

What is funny is that last year until france alonso was shown the way by trulli.

At mclaren we dont know yet, jpm is a fast driver and has got better in races but i still think kimi is the more complete driver that will deleiver every signle race and mclaren fuel his car heavier and 9 time of 10 he is faster than jpm with more fuel.

I think in the same car alonso and kimi will be well matched.
Date: September 27, 2005 12:59PM
"...0 race pressure..." yes, it is easy to drive a F1 car which is clearly slower than another one and be always there, second, third... and keep a pace than anyone except Mclarens are capable of improving. I would like to see if Kimi would have been capable of driving the Renault as Alonso does.

"...the way the stupid points system is once u have a 20 point lead u can the take it easy..."

This "stupid" point system allowed Kimi to fight with Schumacher in 2003. And the 20 points difference of this year would be there with the old system (18 exactly).

About the reference about "latin drivers" made by Ron seems true, i've read it in some press.

It is a little an offense for a latin person like me to hear that some of us are not disciplined enough because beeing latin. I have to work as many hours as the rest of people in Europe and the rest of the world probably. I don't think I'm less capable of performing my duties than a british or a finn person so I only have a few words for Dennis:

"F%$# you Ron!". How easly he forget Senna, Montoya (the most latin in F1) and some of the most famous F1 drivers from South America...
Date: September 27, 2005 01:04PM
Posted by: gary42
Yeah, but he never tried to keep Ayrton under control - Ayrton took control of McLaren, and Ron lost out in 1993, and struggled until 1998 because of it. He would rather have a Prost/Hakkinen type driver. And Ayrton could crack under pressure. Prost never did.

Date: September 27, 2005 01:19PM
It was Senna who won three world titles with McLaren?

For what I know, Kimi's discipline (alcohol issues) is more questionable than Alonso's one.

The fact of being from Spain is irrelevant and Ron showed little respect for latin people, honestly. It is an arrogant sentence.
Date: September 27, 2005 01:24PM
Alain also won 3 titles for him. And yes, it was ignorant and insulting, I'm just trying to explain his thinking

Date: September 27, 2005 01:37PM
Posted by: IceKimi
Alain is also latin...France is a latin country

Team McLaren
Grand Prix entries:597 Wins:148 Pole Positions:122
Date: September 27, 2005 01:39PM
Yeah, but with much Germanic influence - and Alain was a particularly Germanic Frenchman, look at Arsene Wenger.

Date: September 27, 2005 01:43PM
kimi did not cruise in 2003 he went for wins and the car let him down lol and look what he got out the car compaired to dc
Date: September 27, 2005 01:54PM
"...kimi did not cruise in 2003 he went for wins and the car let him down lol and look what he got out the car compaired to dc..."

That's irrelevant, I was talking about the points system, he got 1 single victory against 6 from MSchumacher... and despite all, there was only 1 point. So he was much more regular.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy