"Sour Grapes for Mr Dennis"

Posted by Nemesis78 
"Sour Grapes for Mr Dennis"
Date: September 26, 2005 08:09PM
Posted by: Nemesis78
[www.itv-f1.com]

Look just face it you control freak! You lost the champioship for the 2nd year running despite have Kimi as your lead driver.

Glad I dont work for McLaren, I bet he'll be in a foul mood when he flies back to their Glass wonder piece. Its always worth remembering at this stage that Renault have less than half the budget of McLaren and a factory that looks like a factory! Renault deserve it solely because they arent any where near as pretentious!
Re: "Sour Grapes for Mr Dennis"
Date: September 26, 2005 08:15PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
that man just has no class about him whatsoever. Patrick Head praised the new champ, but Ron can't have even a little humility, its pathetic.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: September 26, 2005 08:36PM
Posted by: tripleM
and this article didn't even include the bigoted stereotyping

Poor show, Mr Dennis

Date: September 26, 2005 09:03PM
Posted by: dolinseks
Nemesis78 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >
>
Its always worth remembering at this stage
> that Renault have less than half the budget of
> McLaren and a factory that looks like a factory!

Are you joking?!?!? How the @#$%& do you know the budgets of the F1 teams? I am not saying that Renault doesnt deserve the title, but things from such smartasses really peace me off.

Date: September 26, 2005 09:11PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
but its true.
Toyota, Ferrari, Mclaren and Williams have huge budgest compared to Renault.
at least a $75 million dollar gap.
Date: September 26, 2005 09:12PM
Posted by: Ferrari_Fuhrer
It was an interesting piece. I happen to think Kimi is easily better than Alonso, but to say Montoya is better is simply fantasy.

Also, to say that the McLaren was the better equipment is laughable - it's one thing being the fastest, but if it keeps breaking down, it's not better, is it Ron?

[Website]
Date: September 26, 2005 09:14PM
@#$%& the equipment

"I think there is a category of driver that comes from South America, Italy or Spain that doesn't have the discipline required to win the World Championship"

That was the clincher

Date: September 26, 2005 09:15PM
Posted by: gary42
BAR are miles ahead of Renault - not too sure about Williams though. Especially next year....

But why can't Ron just accept defeat. Suppose it's cause Flav won, and Ron doesn't like non-racing people!

Date: September 26, 2005 09:20PM
monty's kept kii very honest since he's been back, and alonso is so reliably fast that I personally feel he would beat kimi in identical machinery. That's not based on anything more solid than a hunch, but hey.

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: September 26, 2005 09:22PM
Posted by: Sauber89
Ron is pathetic the backmarkers thing is amazing try building shite cars as the reason kimi lost the title and saying alonso's not proven anything well i thught we had a championship to prove something . rons had a shocker here

Date: September 26, 2005 09:30PM
Posted by: IceKimi
Well...Ron is very close to be again after 6 long years world Constructor Champion so, he will beat Flavio. I think that for them it's more important to see their team champion rather than his pilots, but for sure it will be very hard for Ron to see the number 1 in Flavo's cars.

Team McLaren
Grand Prix entries:597 Wins:148 Pole Positions:122
Date: September 26, 2005 09:35PM
Posted by: Rubidius
Be fair to Ron Dennis. He said on ITV yesterday that Fernando deserved to win the world championship - that's a very sporting attitude from somebody as disappointed as Ron must be. The McLaren is easily the best car, it's won 6 of the past 7 races, and if it had been more reliable, it would be Kimi winning the championship now. So for Ron to be as generous as he was yesterday shows good sporting spirit.

There's nothing wrong with Ron saying that Kimi is as good a driver as Alonso, because frankly he is. Yes, Alonso's been magnificent this season, but then again so has Kimi, he's hardly made a mistake at all, and he really deserves to be Champion before too long.

More to the point, Ron has a duty, as a good team boss, to be encouraging about his drivers. If Ron went up to the journalists and said "Well of course Alonso won, because he's better than Kimi and better than Juan," he'd be doing a rubbish job as team principal. He needs to motivate his drivers, tell them that they're good and that they can still put in top performances. They need encouragement, because the Constructors' is still available, and they need to work hard for it. And there's always next season - if his drivers are motivated going into the wonter break, then they'll be on top form in 2006.

Be more fair to Ron. He might not be very good at public speaking, and he might not be very good at coming across well in front of a camera, but that's not his job. His job is to be a good team boss, and it's one he does incredibly well.
Date: September 26, 2005 09:40PM
he still is a bigot

Date: September 26, 2005 10:15PM
Posted by: toltecbr
"I think there is a category of driver that comes from South America, Italy or Spain that doesn't have the discipline required to win the World Championship"

well, well, well mr.Dennis, a category from south america???
he is insane? Oh man, Senna (3 times world champion with mclaren) born where??? IN Brasil is in SOUTH AMERICA!!!!

Bad loser... i still hope he retires as soon as possible...

Perhaps Sttodart buys the mclaren... (it will be awesome and hilarious... hehehehhehe)

F*&@ You Ron Dennis!!!!

To be a world champion, lucky and a confiable equipament is necessary... talent helps, but of only talent was necessary, a lot of drivers from minor teams became World Champion!!!!!

- Nelson Piquet - F1 WORLD CHAMPION 81/83/87 -
Date: September 26, 2005 10:27PM
Posted by: chet
wat?!? :\

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 26, 2005 10:47PM
Posted by: sega
Rubidius Escrito:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Be fair to Ron Dennis. He said on ITV yesterday
> that Fernando deserved to win the world
> championship - that's a very sporting attitude
> from somebody as disappointed as Ron must be. The
> McLaren is easily the best car, it's won 6 of the
> past 7 races, and if it had been more reliable, it
> would be Kimi winning the championship now. So for
> Ron to be as generous as he was yesterday shows
> good sporting spirit.
>
> There's nothing wrong with Ron saying that Kimi is
> as good a driver as Alonso, because frankly he is.
> Yes, Alonso's been magnificent this season, but
> then again so has Kimi, he's hardly made a mistake
> at all, and he really deserves to be Champion
> before too long.
>
> More to the point, Ron has a duty, as a good team
> boss, to be encouraging about his drivers. If Ron
> went up to the journalists and said "Well of
> course Alonso won, because he's better than Kimi
> and better than Juan," he'd be doing a rubbish job
> as team principal. He needs to motivate his
> drivers, tell them that they're good and that they
> can still put in top performances. They need
> encouragement, because the Constructors' is still
> available, and they need to work hard for it. And
> there's always next season - if his drivers are
> motivated going into the wonter break, then
> they'll be on top form in 2006.
>
> Be more fair to Ron. He might not be very good at
> public speaking, and he might not be very good at
> coming across well in front of a camera, but
> that's not his job. His job is to be a good team
> boss, and it's one he does incredibly well.
>
>

100% agree with you

P.S. where/when did he say: "I think there is a category of driver that comes from South America, Italy or Spain that doesn't have the discipline required to win the World Championship"

Saludos desde Colombia.
Date: September 26, 2005 10:51PM
Posted by: Wirah
He's changed his attitude since this morning ;) [www.itv-f1.com]

Date: September 26, 2005 11:02PM
Posted by: IceKimi
People forgot what Ron made to Mclaren!! since 1980 he won 9 WDC and 7 WCC!
Give him a break!

Team McLaren
Grand Prix entries:597 Wins:148 Pole Positions:122

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2005 11:03PM by IceKimi.
Date: September 26, 2005 11:21PM
Posted by: mad otter
yeah but he is still a stuck up twat. at the end of they day if he doesnt win, he will always blame it on someone/thing else rather than just admit that alonso/renault has done the better job.

I hope the smarmy git would just get out of F1... but all of the above is just my personal opinion so dont start :)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 1024mb PC3200 GeIL Goldern Dragon RAM, ATi Sapphire X800 256mb, Windows XP
Date: September 26, 2005 11:25PM
I understand his dissappointment, but to be honest I think my point about a lack of humility stands, he's shown it before. He is a good team boss, but I'm afraid coming across well on camera is part of his job, it comes with the territory, and he needs to do it better.

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy