I Be Moving to the USA, I hope I can still watch F1 over there.

Posted by total_insanity 
I Be Moving to the USA by next year so I hope I can still watch F1 in the states. I know it not very big over there but if there are any Americans or Brits whos moved to the States, is there any chance of watching live coverage there?

If so, whats there coverage like and do they show all the races?
I think Speed shows all the races live.

Everything in the past is better than today.It's true,I read it on the internet.
Hey!
I live in Naperville, IL and there is a cable channel called Speed Channel, and they broadcast all the races, including friday & saturday qualifying. The commentators are really good, and one of them raced, so they know what they talk about and can spot problems easily when they happen. The only (and big) problem is that in US there is commercial in EVERYTHING and that sucks! They cut the race about 7-8 times, with ~5 minute commercials, and many times we lose overtakings or crashes for that. In Silverstone we missed David's cockpit flying, and barely saw the Irish guy.

Yeah! Thats what I hate about American TV, they always have adverts every 5 mins. Still, I have to get used to it. Its a shame I can't take my sky digital box over! lol.
don't forget to hang the american flag on your porch, unless you want to be branded a terrorist

lol

I am in USA, Speed Channel does all the F1 coverage here (also rally, CART, etc: the whole channel is motorsports). They show all of the races, both live and rebroadcast Sunday evening (for those of us on the west coast who don't want to wake up at 4:30 am) Unfortunately this channel is only on satellite and some cable services, you will have to check out what is available in your area. Commentary is pretty good, there is one boring American guy, but also two Englishmen: Steve Matchett, who used to be a Benetton mechanic, and has written some books, and David Hobbs, who used to be a driver back in the 60s. There are a lot of commercials, but not a lot more than with everything else on TV here.

We be moving to Rhode Island and I think they have COX cable who i am staying with. Hopefully I will get to see it then.
err, you could still get itv from a satellite dish in the usa

you can get any channel around the world

yeah! depending on how much one of them will cost.
You shouldn't have any problems. Most cable systems here carry Speed Channel now. The coverage isnt that bad. Friday and Saturday Qual. are live as is the race. Usually there is a replay in the evenings too. The announcers arent at the track but they do have Peter Windsor at the track doing interviews for the pre-race show. Also there is Speed News every Saturday and Sunday night that show F1 highlights and interviews.
What is Peter Windsor like as a TV presenter? As a journalist, he's pretty good, but I'd be interested in hearing him as a presenter on live TV.

I think he does a very good job. his questions are usually intelligent and the drivers seem to respect his questions. overall i'd say he is just as good on tv as he is as a journalist
I forgot to mention this, but Speed Channel also has a show on every Sunday night F1 doesn't race called Formula 1 Decade. They show a race from the 93 season each time.

Post Edited (08-15-03 19:07)
can i express my deapest sympthay 2 u ova moving to that most awful country

No offence, but you wont be able to watch the F1 there - cause of the blackout!

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Peter Windsor is fantastic, last year on Sky he was the best.

He found out loads of info the teams and drivers all respect him ITV should have got him. I miss his info this year big time.
Buy a moveable dish then u can pick up channels from all different satellites,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
But here in US, you aren't allowed (and the stations don't broadcast) to have another channel broadcasting the same thing as some other. So you can't have ITV, Globo, etc, here transmiting F1. It is only one channel, which is Speed Channel (former Speed Vision), so unfortunatelly you'll have to settle with this lack of options.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy