F1 STORY OF THE YEAR!

Posted by Ellis 
Re: F1 STORY OF THE YEAR!
Date: August 01, 2003 08:11AM
Posted by: Ellis
Maybe he shud have phrased it better. Im sure the medi made it look worse than it is, but even if this jist of this is true. Mr TeamOrders, the man who got gifted the win in Austria because he wasnt good enough to beat his team mate, who he has every advantage over, moans about team orders? :|

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: August 01, 2003 08:15AM
Posted by: Oleg
This news story is ultimate irony.Schumacher bashes the media,the media fights back.

Everything in the past is better than today.It's true,I read it on the internet.
Date: August 01, 2003 01:20PM
Posted by: Todays_Horse
But McLaren boss Ron Dennis denied they had ordered Schumacher to move aside

Why would he admit to asking Schumacher to move aside?

'The beak of Ayrton Senna's chicken is pulling ahead!' ~ Murray Walker
Date: August 02, 2003 04:13AM
Posted by: Bruno_dc
In Imola, he let Rubens pass because of different strategy: nobody complained. So what he's saying is either just not right, or else he's whining about it because he's bothered with it.
Date: August 02, 2003 04:15AM
Posted by: marcl
There is a very very big difference letting your team mate by who is on a different fuel load that asking a team mate to let u win a race.

I was in Boots last night was gonna buy MS a dummy as he has lost his one
Date: August 02, 2003 07:17AM
Posted by: LS.
you'd think that with shumacher supposedly being the best driver in the world that nothing would bother him

you'd think he'd use his god given skills to out drive around every problem and would'nt need to have a contract drawn up that allows him preferential treatment over his team mate.

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: August 02, 2003 07:17AM
Posted by: Todays_Horse
When you mentioned boots i thought you were going to say somthing about being in the check out queue and having some discussion with your 'team' about getting to the front of the queue, but as long as you were on a different shopping strategy (say had to be in woolworths next) then thats OK

:)

'The beak of Ayrton Senna's chicken is pulling ahead!' ~ Murray Walker
Date: August 03, 2003 02:48AM
Posted by: _Alex_
Yes Alex. Me and everybody else in this thread until you came in missed the point totally didnt we

Quite simply, yes!

Maybe he shud have phrased it better

I've said this many times before. Michael doesn't have a terribly good command over the English language (not like his brother, for example), so things he says are often misunderstood and taken to be arrogant comments. The people who do not like him jump on the chance to flame him for it. I have no idea whether they're just not perceptive enough to appreciate this, or whether they do realise how he struggles with the language but just wish to flame him anyway.

you'd think he'd use his god given skills to out drive around every problem and would'nt need to have a contract drawn up that allows him preferential treatment over his team mate.

You're always far too cynical, LS. You rarely see a Schumacher fan implying he has god-given skills (I may have said it once or twice as a joke, in response to your sarcasm).

If Raikkonen or Montoya or Barrichello or Ralf or Coulthard have their day, then I always concede that Michael has been beaten, and that that driver has been the best. I don't see the point in pretending otherwise (unlike much of the anti-MS brigade, who are physically incapable of saying a good word for him).

Concerning the team situation at Ferrari, it's impossible for a driver to beat his team mate 100% of the time. You seem to think that Schumacher fans seem to think he is a God, absolutely invincible. Well I can tell you that I don't. He makes mistakes as we've seen. He is sometimes just off the pace, and Rubens has the measure of him. But both those things are rare. Very rare relative to pretty much every other driver on the grid. And it is a fact: Schumacher beats his team-mate the vast majority of the time. And you cannot use the excuse that he has preferential treatment. In the car, on the track, that does not make a difference. And that's where Michael often pulls things out of the bag and performs on that level above everyone else. I don't think he is a God. I think he is better than everyone else. He has the ability (and as F1 Racing magazine concluded, only Alonso currently appears shares this ability) to reserve a certain amount of brainpower (for want of a better word) to think about his strategy, while at the same time slamming in awesomely fast lap times in the middle of the race. He does it consistently. No other drivers do (we saw Alonso do it in Barcelona, but he's struggled a bit recently). Montoya did some exceptionally quick laps at Monaco before his pitstop, and that was supremely impressive at that of all circuits, but how often does he do it? That's the only time I've ever seen him do it. Do you see my point?

They're my thoughts, anyway. It's a shame I had to put them in this silly thread.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: August 03, 2003 03:21AM
Posted by: DS2k3
well said Alex
i agree

Ferrari forever
Date: August 03, 2003 08:10AM
Posted by: Ellis
Quite simply, yes!

Yeah right Alex. You are right and everyone else is wrong.

Thats where i stopped reading your post, when you claimed that everyone (but you) had missed the point.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: August 04, 2003 12:36AM
Posted by: _Alex_
But if you read my post above my last one, you'll realise that you did miss the point. There's no point arguing, you plain and simply misunderstood what Michael was saying.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: August 04, 2003 04:22PM
Posted by: Muks_C
All Michael is trying to say is that if Michael passed Rubens the same way as Kimi passed DC, all hell would have broken loose and everyone would be shouting "Ferrari cheated" but if some other team does it, nothing is said at all.

DC clearly lifted and moved to the right and let Kimi drive past at Silverstone.
Date: August 04, 2003 06:34PM
Posted by: andrew_S
i havent read any post, or anything, just replying to the first line of this topic, and one thing says it all, as with 1000000000000x in the past, mr i think im boss of the world, is the pot calling the kettle black, bhahahaha

zzzz gets tiring after a while, hehe

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: August 04, 2003 11:28PM
Posted by: b-tone
All Michael is trying to say is that if Michael passed Rubens the same way as Kimi passed DC, all hell would have broken loose and everyone would be shouting "Ferrari cheated" but if some other team does it, nothing is said at all.

DC clearly lifted and moved to the right and let Kimi drive past at Silverstone.

ms lifted for rubens in san marino and no one said a word.
and that was more obvious.
i thought kimi passed dc fairly as it looked like dc made a mistake.

____
Tony

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy