Best and worst drivers of 2005

Posted by Covfan 
Re: Best and worst drivers of 2005
Date: September 16, 2005 08:58AM
Posted by: chet
what u have sed is 1 of the reasons i hate f1 ;)

but tbh JV has earned his points.. he has tried so hard and defeated all critic saying hes slow!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 16, 2005 10:04AM
Posted by: Ali
A long one.

Again the same. At the beginning of the season, Alonso was the best, now is Kimi... But it is because their cars!!

I mean, how can you say Kimi is much better than Alonso because he goes faster? We can compare in identical cars and by now that's not possible.

Best driver: If Alonso wins the championship he will be the driver of the year. McLaren is faster, but perhaps the amazing speed of Mclarens is compromised with reliability so we cannot say: "If Kimi would have finished in Imola, Germany...he would be leading"...well, yes, who knows, but if the engine (or whatever) failed...then failed. That's what it is.

Alonso and Kimi have been the fastest drivers on track with quite a big difference until the recent races when McLaren took a clear advantage and Montoya could join them. But even then, Montoya has not been much faster than Alonso in race conditions. So Alonso has been smart and fast enough to be always the fastest of the rest and not only that but not be involved in accidents, or make mistakes, and always finish...

De La Rosa comments races in Spanish TV and he is always impressed by the speed of Kimi, but in SPA he recognized that Alonso has been unbeatable in long term this year, because he is always there, taking profit of all situations, if he does not win he gets a second... driving to win the championship. When he had the best car he won (no mechanical problems), now he does not has the best car so he gets second... He is the driver of the year although many of you are Kimi and McLaren fans...

Others:
- Kimi,obviously. Amazing speed and much superior to Montoya (although i expected that, he is definitely better driver)
- Trulli (again spectacular performances in qualy)
- David Coulthard - Experience was a big investment by Red Bull and paid off.
- McLaren reserve drivers - (De La Rosa - fantastic race in Bahrain after 2 years out) - Wurz - conservative but effective race in Imola. Those 10 points for McLaren can make the difference at the end of the year.
- Monteiro - He has finished all races - No words.
- Button - Difficult year for him and great second half. I think he got interesting experience out of that.
- Heidfeld - He arrived "in extremis" and gave a lot to the team (3 podiums for 1 of Webber...)

Worst drivers:
- Sato (1 point vs. 30 of Jenson...).
- Barrichello... not worst but a little bit...gone.
- Webber: I expected a lot of Webber and he seemed arrogant and quite often beated by Heidfeld.
- Fisichella - quite far from Alonso in most conditions...
- Montoya - Never sure of him until he crosses the line (Turkey, SPA...)

And finally, surrealist performances by karthikeyan.

I don't know where to put M.Schumacher!? Anyway, not among the worst, clearly.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2005 11:30AM by Ali.
Date: September 16, 2005 11:18AM
Posted by: gin
Best: Kimi, Alonso, Monteiro (finished all races so far),

Worst: Kathikayen, Sato, Webber, Barichello (has been rubish all these years at Ferrari), Villeneuve, Fisichella....

Date: September 17, 2005 07:07PM
Posted by: IL Dottore
Best Kimi. cos he is much better than the other. also like button in his last races..

Worst: Webber, Sato karthethingy, als m. Schumacher cos he didn't win a race (real) and with his talent he should be able to win one..

Magic Senna
Date: September 17, 2005 07:45PM
Posted by: requenov
Best, in this order

1.Alonso
2.Kimi
3.MS
4.Heidfeld
5.Trulli

Worst this order

1.Liuzzi
2.Friesacher
3.Sato
4.Fisichella
5.Montoya

Date: September 17, 2005 08:16PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
You do realise alonso gets heavily preferential treatment over fisichella? This is in terms of new bits for the car and everything. I would say fisichella has done a good job, just he has been rather harshly treated and also been very unlucky.

H E L L O
Date: September 17, 2005 08:27PM
Posted by: tripleM
"This is in terms of new bits for the car"

Like where?

Date: September 17, 2005 08:33PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
Fisichella has underperformed
If you take into consideration that for the majority of the season he has had the second best car then he really should be up there at least matching Michael Schumacher, Juan Pablo Montoya and Jarno Trulli points wise.
He has never really got it going and if we take away Australia where he was handed the win by the elements then his season has been absymal. Lets hope it doesnt become Schumacher-Barrichello-esqe where Barrichello is a true representation of the car.

IMO

Drivers of the Season

1. Alonso - He has done all that needed to be done in a inferior car since Spain
2. Raikkonen - After having to endure the worst mclaren season since 1994/95 he has come out shining and driving brilliantly.
3. Trulli - 5th in the championship compared to the team being AWOL last year..need i say more
4. Heidfeld - Beat the overrated webber properly, even more so considering he has had less races.
Date: September 17, 2005 11:03PM
Posted by: Webber Fan
"Heidfeld - Beat the overrated webber properly, even more so considering he has had less races."
He has had less races but Webber had 3 crashes which werent his fault.

[webberfanscreens.blogspot.com]
Date: September 17, 2005 11:25PM
Posted by: Sil3nt-War
Best: Alonso, Kimi, MS, Coulthard

Worst: NK, RB, JV

Its obvious that kimis car is alot faster in race pace than anyone else. FA doesnt do anymore than he has to this season which is probably why we arent seeing him push too hard. MS and Coulthard have had some good drives in inferior cars this season.

I dont see why everyone raves over NK. RB has been average again. I guess next season we will see what he can do. JV hasnt done anything since 96/97.
Date: September 18, 2005 04:25PM
Posted by: slider
Worst driver? Max Mosley, I say!!!!
For "driving" the sport into disrepute. :-)
Date: September 20, 2005 07:27AM
Posted by: Jithendra
Apart from the Kimi,Fernando,Trulli,Montoya who are a different class of drivers, i would like to add that I am preety impressed with Klien, Albers, Doornbos, Tiago, De La Rosa, Wurz how have done a preety decent job. Yes i am disappointed with my fellow countryman Narain..sometimes i wonder what he is doing in F1. & Others who have let me down this season have to be Rubens, Fisico(Bad Luck), JV, Button(After his show last yr I thought he would win races this season).

Date: September 20, 2005 12:32PM
Posted by: b-tone
Webber Fan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Heidfeld - Beat the overrated webber properly,
> even more so considering he has had less races."
> He has had less races but Webber had 3 crashes
> which werent his fault.
>

poor diddums.
which 3 weren't his fault?

for me, the nick vs. webber thing was sorted at monaco. webber looked like a fat donkey trying to pass alonso, then hiedfeld eased past loverlyly.
and it extended a little into the next race where webber went into overcompinsation mode
i hope williams get rid of him

____
Tony

Date: September 22, 2005 06:32AM
Posted by: NuMbBrAiN
Best : Kimi...he's really pushing hard..sometimes to the point of retitrement.
Alonso...very consistent and somehow gets the second place when Kimi wins.
Monteiro...completely outclassed his teammate at all races except Imola.
Jarno...fantastic in qualifying but fades away in races.
Schumi...thrown Rubens into the dust this year after everyone said that Rubens was getting closer to Michael than Irvine...but then maybe Rubens isn't very motivated now that he's moving to BAR. But Michael's Hungary pole lap was fantastic !

Worst : Narain...can perform much better than what he's doing. Monza was a wasted oppurtunity as he generally goes very well there.
Sato...hasn't proved to be the great driver he was thought to be. Banging at Spa didn't help.
Ralf...moans and groans too much. Somebody tell him to please shut up.

Date: September 22, 2005 10:27AM
Posted by: marcl
as trulli says his quali laps he is getting 110% out the car and putting it higher up the grid than it should. But in the race the car does not have the pace to stay where he started.

People used to rave about webber when u qualied the jag high up people never used to complain went he dropped miles back.
Date: September 22, 2005 03:13PM
Posted by: tripleM
just because you think so doesn't mean that it didn't happen

Date: September 22, 2005 04:13PM
Posted by: Giancarlo Minardi
Best drivers for me: Alonso, Raikkonen, Trulli (All 3 deserve to claim the top 3 places this season for me)

Most Improved Drivers: Klien, Monteiro (Im very impressed at how both have just gone up and and up this season)

I wouldnt say there's a worst driver nor a driver thats out of his depth really this season but I've been most dissapointed with Sato's inability to get to the crest of his wave and Barrichello who while he hasnt been far off Schumacher's pace really, he has just not wrestled with the car like he has to make that crucial difference.

Gian

Sim Racing from the back of the grid!
Date: September 22, 2005 09:02PM
Posted by: X_Acto
BEST:

1º Raikkonen
2º Alonso
3º Monteiro
4º Trulli
5º Coulthard

WORST:

1º Sato
2º Webber
3º Barichello
4º Luizzi
5º Fisichella

-----------------------------------------------------

Date: September 22, 2005 10:22PM
Posted by: sunil
best

kimi(maximum points to him)

MS(with worst car he is trying do better)

alonso( luckiest of all right now not really his talent i would say, but he is good. atleast another two cars like ferrari and bar or williams were good then alonso wouldn't be leading in points)(it's true watch out for next year if atleast three or four cars are challenged equally)

worst

1.JV( worst driver than ever)
2.NARAIN(tried too much, millions were disappointed in our home country)

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2005 07:14AM by sunil.
Date: September 23, 2005 12:05AM
Posted by: IceKimi
Best:
Alonso- Well, unfortunatly he is the new champion, although he was very,VERY lucky i think he deserve to win the WDC

Kimi- The star of 2005 season, when the car doesn't brake he is just perfect and incredibly fast.

MS- with a crappy car he drove like a 7 times champion.

Tiago- Well, i'm Portuguese:-) so... you all understand

Worst:
Montoya- Very, very disapointing

Fisichella- The same as Montoya

Sato- Only 1 point in 16 races!!!! in a BAR!!!!!

Team McLaren
Grand Prix entries:597 Wins:148 Pole Positions:122
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy