The Italian Grand Prix Thread *** EXPECT SPOILERS!!!***

Posted by iCeMaN pAuL 
Re: The Italian Grand Prix Thread *** EXPECT SPOILERS!!!***
Date: September 04, 2005 06:35PM
Posted by: Zcott
Surely the best, fastest (etc, etc) driver in the field could get past a midfield Sauber. JV is not one of the fastest guys out there, so you'd expect Kimi in the best car to zoom past him. It's not all down to regulations, y'know. After all, he managed to pass Alonso later in the race.

Date: September 04, 2005 07:08PM
Posted by: Karan19
well at that point of the race he was still headed for a possible 2nd (he couldnt have known his tire was gonna fail) so why risk a possible accident in trying to get past villeneuve?

besides im sure his horrible lock up in trying to pass JV at Europe was still very very fresh in his mind....

Date: September 04, 2005 07:27PM
Posted by: Lemming
He had double the amount of fuel than Villeneuve. Did they say 1 lap of fuel = 0.3 tenths slower? He had 30 laps of fuel compared with Villeneuve's 15-18? So that's at least 3 seconds slower really. And in Max Mosley's recent press release, they said at current levels, cars need to be at least 2 seconds a lap faster before they can think about overtaking.

Kimi was easily able to pass Alonso later in the race because Kimi was light on fuel, still yet to stop, and Alonso had just that minute come out of the pits, so heavy on gas and his tyres had yet to come back up to full temperature.

That jv @#$%& Kimi a lot of times already. In Monaco 2003, when Kimi was fighting with JPM, he didnt move away for an entire lap, when Kimi had to make some quick laps, to get ahead of JPM after his pitstop (JPM already pited). Again, in Nurburgring, that idiot didnt move away when he could (on the 2 straights), and today he was the second trulli again. I hope BMW kicks him from the car next season, because he really sucks (in pace and everything else).

Date: September 04, 2005 07:31PM
Posted by: tripleM
JV sucks but they were racing for position.

1 lap of fuel ~0.1 sec btw.

Date: September 04, 2005 07:32PM
Posted by: IceKimi
dolinseks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That jv @#$%& Kimi a lot of times already. In
> Monaco 2003, when Kimi was fighting with JPM, he
> didnt move away for an entire lap, when Kimi had
> to make some quick laps, to get ahead of JPM after
> his pitstop (JPM already pited). Again, in
> Nurburgring, that idiot didnt move away when he
> could (on the 2 straights), and today he was the
> second trulli again. I hope BMW kicks him from the
> car next season, because he really sucks (in pace
> and everything else).
>
>
Calm down he was just defending is position...

Team McLaren
Grand Prix entries:597 Wins:148 Pole Positions:122
And what was he doing in Monaco 2003, and Europe this year, when he was one lap down, on both races?

this is season is to forget shame on the fia ...
another idote will be a champion and his name will go for history

fia are the responsble about all this crapy season with this new rules
as irvine said they shouldn't change the rules just becouse ferrari are
winning....i never get mad from any race result since jerez 97 as is today's
race sorry to see that happning....shame on fia
i wish i can forget all this season!

speed freak
Date: September 04, 2005 08:08PM
Posted by: Karan19
well to be fair everyones under the same rules and renault have got it right more often than mclaren. mclaren was too slow at the start of the year getting upto speed while renault were just dominating at the start of the year. then when they finally get some performance, its at a hefty price of reliability. and by then theyre too far behind in the standings. not a good combination at the end of the day and you cant really blame the rules for that

Date: September 04, 2005 08:10PM
Posted by: Zcott
Why do you want to forget a season which is looking like great entertainment for the last few races? If anything, Monza is a microcosm of the entire season - Alonso in the distance, but with Kimi cruising up behind him.

JV didn't do anything out of order in this race at all, and if Kimi wanted past, well, he should have passed him somehow. It's difficult to overtake, but not impossible.

It's all well and good blaming Villeneuve for ruining Kimi's race, but let's not forget that it was an engine change that really ruined Kimi's race. Why does all the bad luck happen to the Finn? Well, why does all the bad luck happen to a certain R. Barrichello at Ferrari?

Bad engineering.

Date: September 04, 2005 08:56PM
Posted by: Sniper
I don't get it why everyone is blaming JV, what has he done wrong?

Check out our website: www.heikkikovalainen.net
Date: September 04, 2005 09:17PM
Posted by: IceKimi
Sniper Wrote:
> I don't get it why everyone is blaming JV, what
> has he done wrong?
>
>
>
>
>
> -- supporting Mild Seven Renault F1 team --

Today? Nothing.

Team McLaren
Grand Prix entries:597 Wins:148 Pole Positions:122
because every one is upset about events that are occurring to kimi. first one to blame is mercedes, then mclaren and lastly michelin (this is the only crucial fault of michelin among unlucky events of kimi). the season would be fantastic if those events wouldn't have happened and kimi closed the gap race by race. in that case i wouldn't care who the champion is but with this circumstances, it's just hopes falling apart. to have an excitement, the hopes must rise, not fall -as in constructors' championship-.
Date: September 04, 2005 09:26PM
Posted by: Sniper
it wasn't kimi's best race! He made mistakes and he didn't deserved it to win. It's a right result I think

Check out our website: www.heikkikovalainen.net
vesuvius Wrote:
> Lemming Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > only way to tell who's the fastest is to
> stick
> > everyone in identical cars, but then that
> would
> > spoil the competition.
> >
> >
>
>
> that wouldn't tell it either because everyone has
> so different driving style .

exactly lol... so the drivers driving style makes them quicker

like what? only fault was his spin and he was pushing so hard at that time.
it was his best qualifying performance -though not most exciting- of him with a car lots more heavier than the rest. it would have been the best race of him going towards victory with one-stop-strategy which is only chosen when a car had to start from the back under current regulations. if only the tyre hadn't failed... really really amazing performance from both mp4-20 and kimi.
Date: September 04, 2005 09:45PM
Posted by: anze89
Sniper Wrote:
> it wasn't kimi's best race! He made mistakes and
> he didn't deserved it to win. It's a right result
> I think
>
>
>
>
>

LMAO

the tyre sh!t was his mistake? lol

The only mistake I've seen from him in the race was the spin he had, but at that point he was pushing to the limit and over it because he was catching GF

chet Wrote:
> race=lol except pizza boy
>
> my predictions saying he would be better than nick
> and webbo lol
>
> button = rofl!! hahahahaahha
>
> no lol at kimi
>
>
>
>

Pizzonia was a MAJOR surprise to me in this race. Makes you wonder why they don't kick Webber's ass off the team! Pizzonia comes in with almost no advance notice to sub for Nick, then puts on a hell of a show in a car that has been crap for over half the season, and makes Webbo llok like a joke.

Willams should GIVE Webber back to Flavio and let him run both of his boys at Renault. Not only would Williams save money, they would be much more competitive!

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: September 04, 2005 10:45PM
Posted by: gary42
How come Pizzonia is quite gud in the Williams, yet was crap in the jag. D'you think he tries harder when there's points on offer, or is webbo just particularly shite this year
Sniper Wrote:
> it wasn't kimi's best race! He made mistakes and
> he didn't deserved it to win. It's a right result
> I think
>
>
>
>
>

I have to disagree that he did.

He had nearly 30 laps of fuel and he blew the doors off everyone in qualifing including his teammate. That was as people have said on other boards "Senna-esqe".

Second, despite having being clogged up behind Villnueve baring the tyre failure which is no fault of his own he still managed to be in such a position that a win was still on and definately a podium position.

Thirdly, he has to make the extra stop and yet still managed to get within 22 seconds of his teammate [the eventual] winner at the finish, which would have been less if he didnt spin.

Alonso's great and a good act but he doesnt fit into the category of Schumacher, Senna, Mansell, Gilles e.t.c. of being able to do more than what is capable of the car or bring a horrid car home for the win.
That said the same can be said of Raikkonen but he is on his way to proving he is one of the best racers in F1 in the last 10 years.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy